Yamato 1/60 Variants

amptor

Hi,

Just thought I'd start a thread about the variants of different 1/60 (if many exist). I'm wondering if you guys know any different production models of various models released. The only one I'm currently aware of is the TRU VF-1A CF is different from the TV version. Are there any others you guys can think of? I'm not really planning on collecting variants, but am curious.

lets see

1/60 Vf-1 original run

DYRL Hikaru type

DYRL Max type

DyRL Fokker type (had minor tweaks to backpack hinge )

Brown Cannon fodder type 1 (tru)

Brown Cannon fodder type 2 (featured ability to upgrade to fastpacks)

1/60 VF-1 2nd run

TV series VF-1J Hikaru type (with fastpacks)

DYRL VF-1S Fokker type (Strike armor)

TV series VF-1J Max type (with fastpacks)

TV series VF-1J Millia type (with fastpacks)

1/60 VF-1 3rd run (current)

TV series VF-1D (ability to upgrade to fastpacks and new canopy design)

VT-1 Ostrich

VE-1 Elintseeker

Did i miss anyone out?

Edited by Prowlus

Brown Cannon fodder type 2 (featured ability to upgrade to faspacks)

I thought it couldn't take the boosters that go on the back of the Valk... Could be wrong though.

To my knowledge, the VF-1D was the first valk that was able to use the full set of FAST packs but didn't come with them.

The type 2 does have holes on the legs (which I don't like, I should've waited for a TRU one to show up for a better price. remember when TRU ones were fetching upwards of $120?) And people were saying the type 1 and 2 had a different shade of brown.

Brown Cannon fodder type 1 (tru)

Brown Cannon fodder type 2 (featured ability to upgrade to fastpacks)

How would I be able to tell the difference between each version? Does the TRU version have that LIMITED EDITION sticker on it? What should I look for when I'm shopping around (on E-Bay)?

The limited edition CF has a gold sticker on it celebrating TRU's 10th anniversary. It's also a much darker shade of brown, much like the Bandai 1/55 CF. Finally, as others have said, you won't see holes in the limited edition CF's legs since it was never meant to accomodate Fast Packs.

On a side note, the regular CF can only mount the leg and arm armor. There are no holes in its backpack for the boosters. The regular CF box has a yellow sitcker on it saying "TV" (a few I've seen don't even have the yellow sticker). Hope this helps.

Oh, how sweet! I just won on ebay a Hikaru VF-1A mint in sealed box for $30.49 shipped. I think the one I have on my desk here cost me around 70 bucks when they first were released. I applied all the decals to this one and later thought maybe it wasn't such a good idea. This more than makes up for it :) I think they probably flooded the market with these things though haha.

But back on topic, I really like the cf vf-1a's light brown color that I have. So I'm probably much better off with this one then heh. I was admiring it when I took it out so I could wrap it with cellophane. man I wish I had a shrinkwrap machine for my Yamato and Bandai valks.