1/60 Freedom Gundam

I hear its really nice. Not toy at all, HG-EX style, like a super big HG kit with extra detail. Now normally, I'd say, go get that sucker, because it should be then end all be all of that design. however, with Bandai suddenly making a MG of the Strike, I wouldn't rule out a MG of the Freedom, even at 1/100 scale a MG will probably beat the 1/60 hands down. Unless you want it because its really big. Even so, in the back of my mind, a big red flag has gone up, because if Bandai can turn around and make a MG of such a recently issued kit, then they could do a small PG of one too. I worry that there will be a PG Freedom far too soon, I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

If the Freedom comes out as a MG kit it will come down to price vs. quality. I've got a couple of the 1/100 Seed kits and they're great value for the price, but the detail is not nearly as good as the MG kits.

Oh my - it's the unholy love child of the Wing Zero and the Gundam X!

That's so true! But I kinda like it. I never got into Gundam Wing with all those feathers and crap. The Freedom has a more mecha look to it rather than looking like an angel.

I going to hold out and hope they come out with a MG kit or a Chogokin for the Freedom Gundam.

I just got mine a few days ago and I have to say that I was a little dissappointed with it but not too much.

Construction

Not too hard, pretty average for a 1/60 SEED model. I did have a little confusion right at the beginning but only because they didnt quite explain it that well.

Colors

The colors go very nicely with this model. Ironically, the supposed-to-be black pieces are a dark blue so I would recommend painting all of the dark blue pieces black.

Handling & Stability

Getting this thing to stand up is pretty normal but it is a little weak in the knees and its a little back heavy due to the frigin huge wings on the back. The only thing that irks me is when I deploy its main guns. The Rail Guns on the side skirt armor (when deployed) dont exactly straighten out but they are at an angle and the guns that are folded into the wings on top are kinda tricky to fold out also. When or if you build it, you will see what I mean

Other than all of the stuff above, this model is great. I have 2 1/60 Strikes and it goes great with both of them. Just be sure not to bend the knees too much otherwise it wont look that great.