Another image request

cmhoughton

:huh: Wasn't it the squadron insignia of Ivanoff? I think is just another interpretation of the classic Jolly Roger with sables instead of bones.

I wouldn't be surprised Roy picked the Jolly Roger based on Ivanoff's insignia as I have seen a fan sub of Macross Zero Episode 2 and he calls him Instructor Ivanoff

I know it is not this the actual insignia but is similar...

post-2-1081471376.jpg

Edited by RichterX

Did you mean the Anti-UN cross?

This isn't it, but it's close. You just have to make the left and right arrows straight (like a cross)

newordercrossblack.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered the logo was white. I colored it Red myself. I forgot. :unsure:

Edited by Tekkaman Blade

Did you mean the Anti-UN cross?

This isn't it, but it's close. You just have to make the left and right arrows straight (like a cross)

newordercrossblack.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered the logo was white. I colored it Red myself. I forgot. :unsure:

:o Sure it does look like a religious symbol!

I was checking the Macross Zero Episode 2 and it does look like a gothic cross

Any on knows what is the meaning of D.D. squad name? I think I heard the name was Shverma on the OVA, :blink: don't tell it means Skull in russian...

Any on knows what is the meaning of D.D. squad name? I think I heard the name was Shverma on the OVA, :blink: don't tell it means Skull in russian...

Well. I have the ANBU/ONE version......they have it spelt as Schwalbe-One (Two, etc.).

I ran Schwalbe through Babelfish......using a German to English translator (b/c there wasn't a Russian term for Schwalbe).

Schwalbe = Swallow (in German)

:ph34r:

Any on knows what is the meaning of D.D. squad name? I think I heard the name was Shverma on the OVA,  :blink: don't tell it means Skull in russian...

Well. I have the ANBU/ONE version......they have it spelt as Schwalbe-One (Two, etc.).

I ran Schwalbe through Babelfish......using a German to English translator (b/c there wasn't a Russian term for Schwalbe).

:o So is it german? I thought it was russian...

the Swallow Squad? that is not very intimidating :lol:

Any on knows what is the meaning of D.D. squad name? I think I heard the name was Shverma on the OVA,  :blink: don't tell it means Skull in russian...

:o So is it german? I thought it was russian...

the Swallow Squad? that is not very intimidating :lol:

Actually , it could be quite intimidating , sometimes. :lol::p:ph34r:

The Me262 was called the Schwalbe.

And yes, Schwalbe is a German word.

Can't remember what the Russian version of Swallow is...

But once again this lends credence to my adamant stand that the Anti-UN is Germanic and not Soviet. By the time of Mac0 the Soviets were somewhat involved in the UN.

Vostok 7

Boxer Posted on Apr 8 2004, 11:23 PM

Gotta wonder if they considered the origional Anti UN logo. It's the circle with the two arrows seen on the Karyovin. 

Maybe diferent Anti-UN groups/factions?

That's what I thought. But I wonder where they would be from? South Pacific?

If the Anti-UN forces are regeional then my guess is that the ones in Zero are probably a special detatchment from Germany (VF trial forces maybe?)

But I guess they are one special division from a international terrourist group based in German(by the name) or Russia (by the planes) who know something about AFOS and want him (or it), and want keep secret.

Remember: the SV-51 have been lauched from a submarine in some place next to Mayan.

Maybe, it's more easy in that time get russian planes than get north american planes.

Or the Russian manufacturers' main fighter market is around in Europe. Either that or Russian prototypes were entrusted to an elite German Mercinary force.

As for attacking the AFOS, maybe Anti-UN intelligence got the leak about the VF-0 and decided to test their planes against the UN birds by deploying their test variable planes in a sesnative area to provoke (And destroy) the UN forces using VF-0s.

:huh: I guess just like Roy enrolled to protecte women ;) members of the Anti-UN group could be merceneries or different people from different countries that are in for the money or be able to use the new mecha developed.

Boxer Posted on Apr 8 2004, 11:23 PM

Gotta wonder if they considered the origional Anti UN logo. It's the circle with the two arrows seen on the Karyovin. 

Maybe diferent Anti-UN groups/factions?

:huh: What is exactly this original anti-UN symbol that is being mention? was it shown in SDF-Macross?

The simbol was in SDF-Macross series (and in that R******* series), was shown in the MiM-31 Karyobin's wing.

mig_small.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...