1/48 Fast Pack Countdown!

Limbo

And here's Roy.

One thing I do wish would have been done though... I wish they would have gone with the colored disks for the skulls instead of stickers. For one, Tampo printing is just cool, and then I could make a tougun set without worrying if Hikaru's 1J is really gonna come with the TV armor.

post-4-1062242673_thumb.jpg

Edited by LePoseur

and now, just because I know you're wondering... at least I was...

Here's the Low-Viz with Roy's on.

Not bad, but I'm gonna wait to see what happens. Of course, looks like I already have to buy another set for Hikaru's 1S.... curse you Yamato! :D

post-4-1062243039_thumb.jpg

Hiya LePoseur,

Thanks for the Great Pictures, boy i cant wait to get my hands on those 1/48 Fps, they look so beautiful and mean. On the bad side, the UN Spacy printed on the Fps looks kinda of small, wish it was bigger. Another matter noted too is the Strike cannons, the tip should be metallic black not the same color as the base color of the packs. Well i could do a repaint on those babies anyway. ;)

Mine would be remaining in their boxes, sorry to say, i have no shelf space high enough to display them at the moment, presently my display cabinet can only display 1/72 Hasegawa models and 1/60, 1/72 Yamato series.

LePoseur could you do a zoom in on those missiles and UNSpacy wordings on the Fps, not forgetting the nuclear missles too. Thanks

Heard that the Fps would be arriving next week in the local stores, cant wait for them. Now waiting for Graham to do a comprehensive review on those Fps, boy he will be busy these week as he has to do 3 reviews, 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker, VT-1 Super Ostrich and the 1/48 Fps. :p

Cheers

:ph34r::lol:

Edited by recon

Sorry to go kinda off topic. Aren't the intake covers supposed to be on when the Fast Packs are used?  :ph34r:

Given that they only use the Fast Packs in space, then yes.

I would say NO. In the Macross TV Show we see a headon shot of a Valk launching from the carrier in space (where Roy is showing Hikaru about them) and there are no intake covers shown. You can see the fans spinning inside the intakes.

I'll do some digging for a Super headon shot when I get home....

Nice pictures. Max really shouldn't be doing that to Roy though...there are probably children on this board!

:)

I think the FP looks bad on the Bulky Lee. The colors clash horribly. What a shame. I was going to get a set for him....not any more.

So what's the official skinny on the fast packs and the low viz? Are they meant to go together or are we supposed to wait for the tv series versions that we saw mounted on the 1J?

I'm waiting. They look like crap together.... That blue is just the wrong color for the FP and on the Bulky Lee it looks even worse....

Sorry to go kinda off topic. Aren't the intake covers supposed to be on when the Fast Packs are used?  :ph34r:

Given that they only use the Fast Packs in space, then yes.

I would say NO. In the Macross TV Show we see a headon shot of a Valk launching from the carrier in space (where Roy is showing Hikaru about them) and there are no intake covers shown. You can see the fans spinning inside the intakes.

I'll do some digging for a Super headon shot when I get home....

in the Macross TV show we also see lasers coming out of thrusters... so what's your point? :p

Are those red lights on the front ends of the arm armor painted or are they clear red plastic pieces like the plastic pieces on the rear landing gear doors? Is it just me, or does it seem like the boosters are sitting up a little high in fighter mode? I thought they were supposed to sit pretty close to the back of the fighter?

In fighter mode, I don't really see what's wrong with FAST Packs being attached to the Low-Vis. In battroid mode, the light-blue heat shield does kinda clash with the dark blue of the FAST Packs, though. It'll be interesting to see how they will look on my Low-Vis, especially since I removed the weathering splotches.

Went to Mong Kok yesterday evening to buy the FPs. Animate didn't have them yet, either that or they had sold out already :(

So next stop was Kanto Hobby in Sino Centre. They were sellling them at the high price of HK$420 a set (US$53.85). I managed to bargin the guy down to HK$410 each (US$52.56). I know, not much of a discount, but better than nothing). :huh:

I ended up buying 7 sets. Yep, I know I could have waited a few weeks for the price to drop, but I'm an impatient fellow and was worried about a repeat of the CM's figures fiasco with shops selling out really quickly and prices skyrocketing.

Anyway, these are the toys I've being wanting and dreaming of since I first saw DYRL in 1986. They are absolutely beautiful. The design, quality and finishing is first rate.

Yamato have just done a great job with the FPs, from the solid die-cast backpack connectors to the nice detailing on the inside of the FPs. These are absolutely beautiful. Oh, and they are heavy, very heavy :) About the only negative thing I have to say is that the RMS-1 missiles are a little loose on their pylons.

Boy, with the VT-1 & VE-1 as well, it sure was an expensive weekend. Anyway, here's a few quick pics.

Graham

fp-1.jpg

fp-2.jpg

fp-3.jpg

fp-4.jpg

fp-7.jpg

fp-8.jpg

fp-9.jpg

fp-10.jpg

fp-11.jpg