1/48 Fast Pack Countdown!

Limbo

Wow....the color really comes out in Graham's set of pictures. It goess to show you that a little natural houselight will give your shots a better look. I can NOT wait for my 2 sets to arrive from Valkyrie Exchange. :D

Wow....the color really comes out in Graham's set of pictures. It goess to show you that a little natural houselight will give your shots a better look. I can NOT wait for my 2 sets to arrive from Valkyrie Exchange. :D

Hi,

You can say that again UNSpacy, the 1/48 Fps has a beautiful bluish/greenish tone about, when placed on the valks, it enhances the overall appearance and looks. I once was doubtful about getting them but now am convinced, i would be increasing purchases to 3 instead of 2 1/48 Fps. Thanks Graham for the pictures, when will be your review of the 1/48 Fps? Im sure this is a busy week for ya, 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker, VT-1 Ostrich and the 1/48 Fps. Boy cant wait for those Fps to arrive, not to mentioned the upcoming release of the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru.

Cheers

Wow! Great stuff! I like that the fighter mode can use the backpack clip to stabilize the FAST packs in fighter mode. Very innovative!

Innovative indeed. This has been designed from the very start with the fast packs in mind. ;)

Now we should see if these clips will stand the stress (if any) that the fast packs will lay upon them. ;) So for those who already have the FPs and those who already ordered . We all have to see if Yamato should reinforce the clips so that they can incorporate this to the upcoming valks right away. Especially the VF-1S Hikaru. ;)

So next stop was Kanto Hobby in Sino Centre. They were sellling them at the high price of HK$420 a set (US$53.85). I managed to bargin the guy down to HK$410 each (US$52.56). I know, not much of a discount, but better than nothing). :huh:

How do you like that? So at $54.99 each plus free shipping from Kevin at Valk Exchange, I'm getting the same prices folks are paying in HK? That's a first. :lol:

(No rip intended to Kevin - I've never been dissatisfied with his prices - it's just there's almost always at least some markup getting them to the US).

Those DYRL FAST Packs are absolutely beautiful; however, I don't think I'll stock up too heavily on them though. I have a feeling that Yamato will have another release of separate TV FAST Packs in that greenish-blue that I much prefer over the DYRL dark-blue color...If not, I will probably have to buy multiple Hikaru VF-1Js just to get 'em. This truly has been a great/expensive year for Macross fans!

My Low Vis needs these! (but sadly, i must wait a couple months, my poor wallet took a beating from buying the Low Vis)

P.S. OK! i'm done for posting tonight! good night people!

Went to Mong Kok yesterday evening to buy the FPs. Animate didn't have them yet, either that or they had sold out already :(

So next stop was Kanto Hobby in Sino Centre. They were sellling them at the high price of HK$420 a set (US$53.85). I managed to bargin the guy down to HK$410 each (US$52.56). I know, not much of a discount, but better than nothing). :huh:

I ended up buying 7 sets. Yep, I know I could have waited a few weeks for the price to drop, but I'm an impatient fellow and was worried about a repeat of the CM's figures fiasco with shops selling out really quickly and prices skyrocketing.

Anyway, these are the toys I've being wanting and dreaming of since I first saw DYRL in 1986. They are absolutely beautiful. The design, quality and finishing is first rate.

Yamato have just done a great job with the FPs, from the solid die-cast backpack connectors to the nice detailing on the inside of the FPs. These are absolutely beautiful. Oh, and they are heavy, very heavy :) About the only negative thing I have to say is that the RMS-1 missiles are a little loose on their pylons.

Boy, with the VT-1 & VE-1 as well, it sure was an expensive weekend. Anyway, here's a few quick pics.

Graham

Cool pics ¡ã¡ã¡ã

Dear all,

How many set will you get ?

Although I have already got 6 Sets. But I want to get more 4 Sets for the furture VF.

Knida off topic..... but ....anyone knows where I can get the display stand in Hong Kong?

It looks real cool..

I don't know about HK myself, but I do know that a MW member sells those neat little display stands. (There is a thread about it in the for sale section of the old MW forums) He also mentioned he would have some more for sale in September. They are great little stands! Hope this helps. And BTW, if you PM him.....remember that it's

s i t h l o r d ..with a space between each letter! :)

Melissa

The display stands from sithlord are definitely one to get ;) They're great for dynamic valk displays.

But not to get OT, I'm still eagerly awaiting the delivery of the FPs I ordered from Kevin/VEX. Drooling at the pics in this thread is just increasing the anxiety level :blink:

The display stands from sithlord are definitely one to get ;)  They're great for dynamic valk displays.

But not to get OT, I'm still eagerly awaiting the delivery of the FPs I ordered from Kevin/VEX.  Drooling at the pics in this thread is just increasing the anxiety level :blink:

I've been thinking about picking up two sets of SL's stands, ever since I saw his VF-11B/YF-21 pose I've been wanting a couple of those. I'm in da same boat vf1_soulja, I also ordered some Fast Packs sets......so far I haven't recieved a receipt for my payment. I hope they arrive at Kevin's place by the end of the week. :ph34r:

these are the toys I've being wanting and dreaming of since I first saw DYRL in 1986. They are absolutely beautiful. The design, quality and finishing is first rate.

Boy, with the VT-1 & VE-1 as well, it sure was an expensive weekend. Anyway, here's a few quick pics.

Graham

Graham. . .

Tell me about it. I felt the same way after I saw DYRL too!!!

I've been hoping to get a set to display in a pre-launch scene.

And now Yamato comes thorugh with outstanding toys. . .

Can't wait to get back home in 30 days.

Then, the fun will really begin!!!! :rolleyes:

And my wife is still recovering from the price tag :blink::lol:

is that a custom of the VF-1S Hikaru, Valk Hunter D or did I miss something? :unsure:

these are the toys I've being wanting and dreaming of since I first saw DYRL in 1986. They are absolutely beautiful. The design, quality and finishing is first rate.

Graham

Graham. . .

Tell me about it. I felt the same way after I saw DYRL too!!!

I've been hoping to get a set to display in a pre-launch scene.

And now Yamato comes thorugh with outstanding toys. . .

Can't wait to get back home in 30 days.

Then, the fun will really begin!!!! :rolleyes:

And my wife is still recovering from the price tag :blink::lol:

Yay, Darkwind's back!

Haven't heard from you in ages. Guess you've been away in some nasty places blowing stuff up :ph34r:

Anyway, glad that you are safe. The FAST Packs will be a nice homecoming present for you.

Graham

Yay, Darkwind's back!

Haven't heard from you in ages. Guess you've been away in some nasty places blowing stuff up 

The FAST Packs will be a nice homecoming present for you.

Graham

It's nice to be missed, and even better to be welcomed back into the fold.

And yes those fast packs will be a very nice gift when I get back to Japan. . .

Along with a few other things I left behind ;):rolleyes: . . .

Well this time I'm signing in from Brisbane, Aust.

And in November, I will be reporting from Hong Kong.

Hope to see you there Graham, may be we can do some shopping.

Or you can at least point me in the direction. :D

Edited by DARKWIND

Yay, Darkwind's back!

Haven't heard from you in ages. Guess you've been away in some nasty places blowing stuff up 

The FAST Packs will be a nice homecoming present for you.

Graham

It's nice to be missed, and even better to be welcomed back into the fold.

And yes those fast packs will be a very nice gift when I get back to Japan. . .

Along with a few other things I left behind ;):rolleyes: . . .

Well this time I'm signing in from Brisbane, Aust.

And in November, I will be reporting from Hong Kong.

Hope to see you there Graham, may be we can do some shopping.

Or you can at least point me in the direction. :D

Welcome back Darkwind, make sure you register your Low-Vis #s. My PCS got pushed back to Summer of 2004, but hopefully I will get one of my three main overseas choices: Yokota, Kadena or Misawa. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.