rumor: lego/macross project? is this true?

calvin

I don't think it's true but this weekend there was alot of debating it at a local hobby/comic shop out here,thought you all might know more? with the anniversary stuff floating around maybe? owell it would be cool if possible

You mean as in an actual LEGO license, or just some Macross/LEGO fans creating a Macross project?

Edited by Draykov

they had images from LEGO(they said) of vf-1s and a cf looked really cool had a logo on the printout, said limited but I know it's easy to photoshop stuff so? I guess i would like to see this, but I am really not sure?

they had images from LEGO(they said) of vf-1s and a cf looked really cool had a logo on the printout, said limited but I know it's easy to photoshop stuff so? I guess i would like to see this, but I am really not sure?

Well, I also happen to be a fan of LEGO (my other addiction) and I haven't heard anything about acquistion of a Macross or Robotech license (which, I think, would be an unlikely move for them). In fact, they seem to be making sort of a grass roots movement over at LEGO and, while licenses are still money makers (particularly Star Wars), they're trying to get back to more traditional sets.

Maybe someone saw one of these MOCs ("My Own Creation"):

vf1sandcrew.jpg

vf1s_group_b7.jpg

vf1a_group_b3.jpg

Edited by Draykov

I doubt that we'll see any official products from Lego since they had record losses last year. I expect them to return most of their focus to their own properties (town, Duplo, Bioncle, castle, etc) and to continue to devolp only the large licenses that have the best chance at success.

Well, I also happen to be a fan of LEGO (my other addiction) and I haven't heard anything about acquistion of a Macross or Robotech license (which, I think, would be an unlikely move for them). In fact, they seem to be making sort of a grass roots movement over at LEGO and, while licenses are still money makers (particularly Star Wars), they're trying to get make to more traditional sets.

Maybe someone saw one of these MOCs ("My Own Creation"):

vf1sandcrew.jpg

vf1s_group_b7.jpg

vf1a_group_b3.jpg

those are FoundryDX kits. the 1s is available for purchase, but you will have to do some customization for a 1a

J.J.

Macross and Lego sound like a match made in heaven. Too bad we'll probably never see officially licensed models for sale.

my opinion: i dun think mac-lego will good in sales if its out

hope lego com. revised abt it, either make it limited edition wif high cost or...

just dun wish lego make anymor losses...god bless lego :p

Edited by alvaro