my first macross toy in my life

柿崎速雄

do any one remember this ?

this is a simple transformation VF-1J ,

I own this at 1982 and I was a six years old boy

the transform system fully not follow the original design,

the head just have upper side half, the backpack can't move ,and

the tail vertical wing is a rotate part of the inner side of the leg.

very funny~

I don't have it anymore....

but still a sweet memories forever~ :)

post-4-1080826603_thumb.jpg

Edited by 柿崎速雄

very funny~

Thanks for the drawing....now if anyone can post a picture. I remember having this as well, Kakizaki. But I thought it was a bootleg now that I grew up and thought about the ugly red and white colors and the weird tail fins from the legs. It was one of my more treasured toys.

Kanata: oooh...i don't mind having it!

Thanks for the drawing....now if anyone can post a picture. I remember having this as well, Kakizaki. But I thought it was a bootleg now that I grew up and thought about the ugly red and white colors and the weird tail fins from the legs. It was one of my more treasured toys.

Kanata: oooh...i don't mind having it!

ha ha, this really ugly, but very funny at all~

I have a special feeling about this , because I see this toy before I know

what is macross, but very interest in it.

maybe this thing give me the first impact of "transfromation"

very impressive for a 6 years old boy~

very funny~

This was exactly my first Macross toy as well. I still have it, it brings back good memories.

It is a bootleg under the name "Macres". For many years, I thought the series was called "Macres" until I saw it on TV and dicovered the true name: "Robotech".

Can you tell I live in the U.S.?

:lol:

very funny~

This was exactly my first Macross toy as well. I still have it, it brings back good memories.

It is a bootleg under the name "Macres". For many years, I thought the series was called "Macres" until I saw it on TV and dicovered the true name: "Robotech".

It might have been my first one as well (my memory's not that clear as to which I bought first), but I'd be more inclined to believe he had the actual Takatoku version instead of a Macres bootleg, as it was during 1982 (and the Macres stuff were takatoku molds)

I think the one I have lying around is the "macress" version. I had two of the boxed once upon a time and though I'd seen the last of them until this one came in with some 1/55 parts in a trade. Ugly toy but the box was funny as heck. "Transforms from plane to giant moth to robot"

Sure I take paypal 柿崎速雄 . The one I have is grey though, not red.... Let me weigh it and find out how much shipping is going to be... At least I know you'll give it a good home. ;)

I was just asking another member about one of these, a couple of weeks ago! This was my very first Macross toy as well.

If anyone has one of these to sell, please shoot me a PM. Also a link to a shop that has any would be appreciated.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Heh, Macres, sounds like another show in the US.

"Green Macres is the place to be, fine livin' is the life for me" :lol:

haha sucka!!!! My first macross toy was the Takatoku VF-1J 1/55. I got it at Toys International back in the day...before Robotech came to the US. I remember buying it and thinking it was such a cool toy cuz it transformed into 3 things. I had no idea what show it was from, but I just loved the toy. Then Robotech came, and I was hooked on valks for the next couple of decades.

To add to Plus there were also Takatoku make some. I think they were the first. Then Macres and Converters borrowed the designs.

Takatoku See Kenkei Types series.

Converters

HAHAHAH! Who writes these descriptions? They're hilarious!

SDF-1 : The deadlist of all the Insectors. When bitten by Scorpio his victims are either paralized or dead. He sneaks up when you last expect him

I had one of those bootlegies too. They were cheap and cheerful!

But my first Mac toy was the 1/55 Takatoku VF-1J Max :) unfortunately it got handed down to my cousin then friend of his and well; it's gone for good now :(

But not to worry, I will relive my memories with the 1/48 Yamato VF-1J Max :D

I remember having the bootleg ones. I think mine had a pencil sharpener in the backpack. They're pretty cool though.

I got one of those as a gift from an auntie back then when I was a kid. But my very first original Macross toy was the Hikaru 1S Joke machine. As most kids would do, I played it to death and one day it just fell apart :( . I really wished I had taken more care of it, but I was just a kid back then, what could you do?

Edited by Tokyo Cab Driver

When I was a kid I too had a cheapy valk toy. For the life of me I can't remember what it looked like. I seem to remember the under side of the nose to be hollow and it had funny feet that wouldn't close in fighter mode. I know it was related to Macross because I specifically remember the package saying gerwalk. Another thing was it was brown not red.

I've thought about asking about this before but I just thought you guys would think I'm on crack.

Can someone post a pic of the toy in question. I'd like to get a look at it.

Edited by scand

hey, that was my first Macross toy too, but I got the skull 1 version and it still look ok in battloid form. But Sucks in everything else. I hated it so much after opening the box and finding out it can't transform for shitzzz, I jumped over to transformers for years before ever coming by to Macross because of this toy. :angry::angry::angry: If only I reach a little bit more to the right it would have been a Joke machine. :angry::angry::(

hey, that was my first Macross toy too, but I got the skull 1 version and it still look ok in battloid form. But Sucks in everything else. I hated it so much after opening the box and finding out it can't transform for shitzzz, I jumped over to transformers for years before ever coming by to Macross because of this toy. :angry::angry::angry: If only I reach a little bit more to the right it would have been a Joke machine. :angry::angry::(

why say can't tranfrom?

this really can process a "perfect transformation"

:rolleyes:

OUCH!

That thing is just too ugly!  I'm gonna have nightmares now.

ha ha, that's really ugly,

maybe you can use another point of view to look at this stuff~

:p

OK, I stood a few feet away from my monitor and did a handstand. I realized that, no matter which way I look at it, that thing is ugly. :p

Hey, I'm not tryin' to be mean. I'm just playin' around. I can appreciate if you have some sentimental attatchment to it. The last thing I wanna do is upset Mr. Kakizaki because I know he's a true fan.

OUCH!

That thing is just too ugly!  I'm gonna have nightmares now.

ha ha, that's really ugly,

maybe you can use another point of view to look at this stuff~

:p

OK, I stood a few feet away from my monitor and did a handstand. I realized that, no matter which way I look at it, that thing is ugly. :p

Hey, I'm not tryin' to be mean. I'm just playin' around. I can appreciate if you have some sentimental attatchment to it. The last thing I wanna do is upset Mr. Kakizaki because I know he's a true fan.

It dosn't matter~

everyone stand on their own.

it's won't hurt anyone if you just don't like something.

everyone have their own point of view

& I respect your's :)

Yeah, I had one of these, too. They've been described as "the Banprestos of their day".

Mine was probably my first Macross toy, too. Either that, or Jetfire. I think I had the Skull-001 type, but the colours weren't entirely accurate. Don't really remember, but I do remember it was fun!

post-4-1080909175.jpg

Now this is cool stuff. Set of three. I also never knew that they actually made FAST pack versions, too, and even a transformable SDF-1.

And I always thought they were just novelty sharpeners (weren't they?).

post-4-1080909408_thumb.jpg

I think this really brings back the good old 80s day.

Guess most of us here are in our 20s and doring our childhood, such a simple toy would have brought us great delight. Maybe from here, we should appreciate how lucky we are now with all the relative quality of macross toys. Obvious there is a price attached to it thru'

Edited by Clarkent

It's funny how every cannon fodder they released back in the day would always be associated with Misa. It's as if she was the pilot of the valk. I guess she's the one that gave them instructions, but still. Couldn't they just put up ben's face instead? :p:D:lol:

hehe

I remember those. There was a whole series of them (and they were really popular at Swap Meets)... I remember my Sav-on drug store had them. I forgot what company they were under, but in the same scale and cheap design, they also had the SDF, some Gerwalk stuff and much more "crap".

Nice. :D