1/48 low vis production run

slaxed

Even 100,000 is "limited" as long as they promise not to make a single one more. It's a good gimmick to drive sales of a non-canon collector's item.

The low-vis VF-1 makes an appearance in Macross Zero, I'm sure of it.

Well, maybe the markings will be slightly different when it DOES appear in the OVA... and then Yamato will release a NON LIMITED Macross Zero edition. Maybe. :)

i was told by a seller that the run was limited to 5000, is it true?

I heard it was produced in the same amount as the other 1/48's.

I suppose the "limited edition" just means that you won't find the product being made by any other company. A half-truth I suppose. :rolleyes:

Considering it's a completely different plastic color (not just paint apps) I wouldn't be surprised if Yamato produced one run and never looked back. Whereas with the DYRL valkyries, there's always the chance more runs will be done if demand is there. Maybe that's what makes it limited.

Either way, it's the best valkyrie I've ever owned. :D

Man, I for one cannot praise this thing enough (so far). My only complaints are the main landing gear doors are awfully tough to open and the head turret seam is glaringly obvious. Otherwise, this thing is really nice. I even think the weathering looks better in person than it does on the internet. It isn't as....harsh.

I also would like to add that Yamato finally fixed the fargin' canopy. Works like a charm.

All in all, I am glad I bought this sucker.

NOW WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THIS DYRL HIKARU "A" OFF MY HANDS?

i haven't seen mac zero but that seems to bethe only place where anyone has claimed to have seen it.

No, nobody's seen one in M0, but since it comes with a decal sheet which has the name of an aircraft carrier in M0, and since the pilot figure is in an M0 flight suit, it's a pretty good bet that it will appear in M0.

:angry::angry: Well you guys need to stop buying all the 1/48 Low viz from F & S , evry time i get i 'm told the the guys from macross world were there :p:p:p:p

No way! :ph34r: It's a small world eh? BTW....how much does F & S sell their 1/48's for?

I don't know the production run numbers for the Low-Vis and even if I did I wouldn't be able to say as Yamato never likes to reveal that information publically.

Despite the Low-Vis having a Macross Zero style pilot and USS Asuka stikers, I'm having doubts now as to whether the VF-1 will actually appear in a later episode of Macross Zero. My theory is that any apperance of the VF-1 would make it that much more difficult to get the Macross Zero OVA past HG's lawyers and officially released outside of Japan.

Graham

Well, I finally received my 1/48 VF-1A Low-Vis yesterday, and it is absolutely beautiful. I mean, if you thought the pictures looked good, they are nothing compared to seeing this thing in person. The pilot and panel-lining were a nice touch and the extra numbering stickers were icing on the cake. It makes my 1/48 VF-1S look more like a toy sitting next to a professionally built model.

The only complaint I have is that Yamato forgot to paint the top of the knee joints; however, it isn't too noticible. Damn, I can't wait to get a set of strike packs to put on this baby.

Edited by Sephiroth

Love this thing. Definately masterpiece of my collection. The "new CF" IMO. Only minor nit is that some of the stickers dont show up very well on the scheme, specifically the "USS Asuka" (yes, I applied it but u can barely see it).

Hmm, I think we need the numbering thread again. Or maybe make pages for it on MW? Would that be possible Graham? Same for the CF thread we had awhile back. Like semi-"official" MW # claim page? ;) Linked form the toys section (from the title or the low-viz and cf review pages)... Maybe with pictures of custom decals, etc? Just an idea.

Oh yeah, I'm 181. B)

Edited by Uxi

I don't know the production run numbers for the Low-Vis and even if I did I wouldn't be able to say as Yamato never likes to reveal that information publically.

Despite the Low-Vis having a Macross Zero style pilot and USS Asuka stikers, I'm having doubts now as to whether the VF-1 will actually appear in a later episode of Macross Zero. My theory is that any apperance of the VF-1 would make it that much more difficult to get the Macross Zero OVA past HG's lawyers and officially released outside of Japan.

Graham

Hey though, macross zero is owned by bandai now, bandai will sqash harmony gold in court :lol: B) and if they don't I have compromising pictures of the president of HG :ph34r:;):p

Hm. If Big West really cares about the global market, why didn't they release M0 as regionless and with English subtitles to begin with? Surely DVD's aren't cheaper in Japan than elsewhere, so I doubt they'd be cannibalizing their eventual global sales margins. Whereas by releasing it as Japanese-only R2, they've given the HK bootleggers a head start, and that will hurt their global profits.

All I can think of is, maybe Bandai/BW are reserving M0 as a bargaining chip for negotiations with HG. Give HG a slice of the North America (or global) distribution in exchange for settling this whole mess. If so, why not go ahead and put the VF-1 in? Or maybe they haven't yet decided; if HG is reasonable, they'll put the VF-1 in and share the proceeds from sales to Robotechies; if HG won't play ball, they leave the VF-1 out and try an end-run around the lawyers.

Edited by ewilen

Just having Macross in the title is enough for HG lawyers. Throw in the transforming planes and it's a done deal. One little VF-1 would make little difference IMO.

But if this is true. Why are there still Videos/DVDs of Macross Plus by Manga? I recall a cameo apearance of the VF-1 in this OAV. Or is Harmony Gold just too chicken to point that out?

I really wish to see a VF-1 (even if it isn't the low viz) in Macross Zero. VF-1 apeared in other series like Macross7 and Macross Plus. I really expect to see this one in Macross Zero as well.

Imagine how it would move mechanically in CG animation! :rolleyes: SWEET!! :lol: