Ace Combat 5

Ya its up at gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/18/news_6110753.html

Its probably(and hopefully) just played during the game opening. Puddle of Mudd sucks. Gimme some Slayer or Pantera lol.

EDIT I can't read lol

The multiplatinum rock group's hit song "Blurry" will appear in the opening trailer and in several other segments of the dogfighting game, which ships to retail on October 25

and some Namco corporate BS. I wonder if this song will be in the Japanese version.

Interestingly enough, “the Ace Combat 5 development team had this song in mind when creating the game,” said Yoshi Niki, business unit director at Namco Hometek.

Can't rag on a group I've never heard of. Mostly these days, I listen to Japanese music. And while M-Flo and Ryohei Yamamoto's new CDs kick ass, I don't really want them in an Ace Combat game.

It might be worth complaining about, except that it's probably just intro or ending music. The in-game music will likely be along the same lines as AC4.

I wouldn't mind a little Kenny Loggins in an Ace Combat game...

oh i wouldnt want mflo or any jpop in the game whatsoever either, I just think namco is being lazy putting in puddle o mud. But as long as the in game music consists of live instrumentaion, synth, rock, electric piano and orchestral elements(AC2/4) then I will be extremely happy. Keny loggins and cheap trick would be welcome..hell more than welccome than puddle of mud in this game.

BTW david and others, from whatb you all take of the demo, is the flight modeling more realistic than AFDS? I know it felt a lot heavier than AC4 but I wanted to hear you all's opinions.

I wished they use Ac2 style music in AC5. Love all their tunes.

Favourite are Fire Young Man, Aim High, Fire Away, Rising High, Meltdown, Blow Away and Aerial Hawk.

In Ac4 i ignore the music.

Come on Namco give us the ol stuff. AC6 ?

btw I notice the JAS-39C will not have its own family. Why didn't Namco include the Draken and Viggen after all they were present in AC2. I see no reason why Namco couldn't add them.

Would it be cool if you can define the game to limit you planes according to timeline...say 60s and you(&the enemy) uses only F-4, F-5 and MiG-17,19, 21 types.

Gripen is unrelated to any other SAAB. No more similar than the A-6 and F-14----same manufacturer only.

F-14B vs D: I doubt they'd model a radar difference, there'd be a BUNCH for the F-16.

Flight modeling: biggest gripe is turns. No effect on speed, and you can do a 85 degree bank and 9G's at 200kts... Pull hard in AFDS, and you'll bleed off speed/energy quickly. AFDS still won't stall you for going too slow for that angle/G's, but at least it'll make you bleed speed. You cannot do a 9G 360, and not have it burn off a LOT of airspeed in real life.

HEy guys , since most of you already knew these planes were gonna be in anyways, there has been a NEW tree revealed!!

F-5>F-20>X-29(camo)

So david you got your wish!(I think your the one who wanted that kind of evolution tree but I am not sure). Got that from acecombat.net. I keep thinking the VF-103 markings are things we already saw/ But not sure. If it is bright white...then i guess not!! I could not get the link to work/

Hellohikaru, my fav AC2 songs are teh same!! I also like cynapolis, sunset glow and that one song fronm the 4th mission?

Yup, awesome F-5 tree. Though if we got F-5A then F-5E it'd be even better. Anyways:

Saw a review that said FOUR Hornets. Time to speculate! E and G are confirmed, and I think the "standard" is a C. Anyone got a good pic of the standard Hornet? Need nose/canopy area to tell exactly what model it is. So what's the fourth? YF-17 perhaps? A/B/D/F are all pointless, if we already have C/E/G. You COULD argue early C vs late D, but that still would only add like "JDAM's in bad weather" capability.

AC2: Music is overall good, but the only REALLY good song is one of my all-time fave songs ever. Might be the "4th mission" song, but I KNOW it is the one where you have to take down a bunch of planes in a very dark, rainy, mountainous stage. Midnight Assassin I think is the mission name. Also played in a stage where you have to take out a buch of ground radars with your gun.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Hmm 4? David do you got a link to the review?

HMMMm!! While I do hope it IS the YF-17, I have no clue as to which the 4th hornet is. A F/A-18A>C upgrade would be kind of useless....so right now I think either it is a

YF-17

OR

F/A-18D marine night attack.(w/HARM)

FRom what I remember the standard hornet is a C model.

hello hikaru, there is another site, a pS site in japan that has th new pics. I forgot the link but it was@ neoseeker & game faqs

they reportedly saw it here..,

http://www.playstation.jp/ch/pv/asx/pv_ac5.asx I am on a mac and for some reason it wont load up.

Also, JC moebius from neoseeker has a pic@ this link, a composite he made from the above link which i did not get to see. Its DEFINITELy an F-14B with LGB!!

http://neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?func...adid=391374&p=6

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

All modern planes are going to 2-seat models. US Navy has always preferred 2-seat interceptors, the F-8 was the last single-seater.

Most Super Hornets are to be 2-seaters.

Most Gripens, Eurofighters, and Rafales are to be 2-seaters.

For all 4 planes above, all were originally ordered as mainly single-seaters, but have switched to mostly 2-seaters.

Basically: all-weather precision-guided munitions in a heavily-defended environment is too much to ask of a single pilot, when being guided by AWACS etc with constantly changing threats and targets. Multi-role planes should be 2-seaters, to be effective. And for air combat---a 2nd set of eyes is always good. :) There are frankly few front-line F-18E's. VFA-115, VFA-14, soon to be VFA-211, and VFA-106 in a few years (I think maybe 34 and 146 as well). Everything else is F-18F's.

All modern planes are going to 2-seat models. US Navy has always preferred 2-seat interceptors, the F-8 was the last single-seater.

Most Super Hornets are to be 2-seaters.

Most Gripens, Eurofighters, and Rafales are to be 2-seaters.

For all 4 planes above, all were originally ordered as mainly single-seaters, but have switched to mostly 2-seaters.

Basically: all-weather precision-guided munitions in a heavily-defended environment is too much to ask of a single pilot, when being guided by AWACS etc with constantly changing threats and targets. Multi-role planes should be 2-seaters, to be effective. And for air combat---a 2nd set of eyes is always good. :) There are frankly few front-line F-18E's. VFA-115, VFA-14, soon to be VFA-211, and VFA-106 in a few years (I think maybe 34 and 146 as well). Everything else is F-18F's.

What about the F/A-22? I thought it was a single-seater. And I thought that the preference for two-seaters was a Navy thing.

They can add all the "A"'s to the F-22's name they want to make congressmen who don't know any better happy, it's as purely a fighter as the F-15C. Its bombing ability is little better than the F-15C, it's only because the JDAM is so easy to incorporate and so good that it'll have any use at all as an attack aircraft.

FB-22 would likely be 2-seater, as would the FB-23.

@Shin

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/x-plane_planes/

This guy is developing all kinds of AC3 planes. The X-49 Night Raven is next.

@David

With the exception of Rafale, Gripen production have been mostly single seaters and the South African order is no different. The 2 seater Gripen is too limited compared with the single seater.

Not too sure about Eurofighter change of thinking, will need to check on that.

The single versus two seater prefence amongst the governments and militaries of the worlds keeps going back and forth. It is almost inevitable that any multirole aircraft will eventually go to a dual seater just becuase of the work overload forced on a single pilot. Heck even flying a little prop job it is nice to have another body in the cockpit to keep an eye out for other aircraft especially in congested airspace. My grandfather always used to say that any aircraft should have a crew equal to or greater then its number of engines, especially jets. I have always agreed with that statement. Now your pure fighters that really do not engage ground targets or pure attackers that do not go after airborne threats sure make them single seaters, but otherwise get a clue and put a WSO in there. And, if you want to to be a night time or all weather operator, better put a WSO in too, no matter what the job. *thinks dreamily of the A-10B NA/AW* ah what could have been if the air force wasn't run by a bunch of idiots.

As many of you are aware the Hawk 60 trainer series is present in Ac5 but there are no signs of the air combat capable 200 series.

I wonder what purpose they serve in AC5 besides the possible inclusion of training missions or some "special" bonus modes.

Perhaps a mission that requires you to rescue somene but you can do that with other 2 seat aircraft.

BTW AV-8B is included but i don't see Namco letting us fly them once again.

Edited by hellohikaru

As many of you are aware the Hawk 60 trainer series is present in Ac5 but there are no signs of the air combat capable 200 series.

I wonder what purpose they serve in AC5 besides the possible inclusion of training missions or some "special" bonus modes.

Perhaps a mission that requires you to rescue somene but you can do that with other 2 seat aircraft.

BTW AV-8B is included but i don't see Namco letting us fly them once again.

And the F-35 they include probably won't be the F-35B. It must be hard to model STOVL controls onto the PS2 pad when every other button is used to control the fighters already. Air Force Delta sure didn't do it that well.

JP official site updated. Don't plan to check it again until I've won. :)

I'm getting the sense that the special weapon for planes is pre-determined, as it's mentioned for every variant what it is. F-16 Block 60 says "XMAA". Which sucks (I think Block 60's are ugly) because 90% of Block 30's and later could use AMRAAM's as built and all others were retrofitted---F-16's do not normally have the ability to carry Sparrows, only the ADF's and a few foreign ones. AMRAAM is the standard F-16 weapon, even more so than the Sidewinder now. Block 30 F-16's rock at air-to-air, all later ones are too heavy, even with the later engines. And earlier ones have much weaker engines. Block 50 is always my "2nd place" A2A, though it might actually be better than the 30. Will have to calculate out the "combat weight" ratios etc. More mass+ more drag=not as good a knife-fighter.

F-15 list up: C, E, and S/MTD. I think maybe they finally figured out that their favorite "ACTIVE" they put in every game was actually the S/MTD. :) F-15C has Sparrows, S/MTD has AMRAAM's. Didn't recognize "XFFS" for the E. FAE's?

F-22 lists FB-22 as well. F-35 says F-35C.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I couldn't get the pics to load. Also, XB-44 and FB-22 often get mixed/confused. Won't really know until they actually build it. :)

I notice they say F-16C Block 60, wonder if they made a last-minute change in the code to have it be the F-16E? The name change was just in the last few months. (I won't count this as an "error" of any sort if the final game says C Block 60, since they probably had it all done before Lockheed changed the designation)

Whoops, I meant X-44, not XB-44.

X-44 (if they ever make one) is basically an FB-22 with NO control surfaces. Vectoring is the only means of control. Basically goes against USAF doctrine regarding vectoring, but it would be VERY stealthy and long-ranged---no gaps/seams, and you could fill the wings with fuel right to the very edges.

Actually, the B-2 uses thrust only when it's trying to be stealthy, but it at least has conventional controls in an emergency and as its primary "non-stealth" controls.

Something i pick out of my old game manual for F-14 Fleet Defender. The loadout packages:

Fleet Defence Alpha: 4 Phoenix, 2 Sparrow, 2 Sidewinder

Fleet Defence Bravo: 6 Phoenix, 2 Sidewinder

Fleet Defence Charlie: 2 Phoenix, 1 Sparrow, 4 Sidewinder

MiG CAP Alpha: 4 Sparrow, 4 Sidewinder

MiG CAP Bravo: 6 Sparrow, 2 Sidewinder

MiG Cap Charlie: 4 Phoenix, 4 Sidewinder

Which one would you choose ? :p

Okay, the official strategy guide is out. According to it, this will be the full plane list.

SPOILERS, DAVID!

Unless you want to know what planes are in it. I'm not typing how to get them or anything, just what they are. Also, this is how they're listed in the book, so any inaccuracies for names aren't me, and this isn't the tree, just the list.

F-5E Tiger II

F-20A Tigershark

X-29A

MiG-21bis Fishbed

MiG-21-93

F-4E Phantom II

F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel

F-4X

A-6E Intruder

EA-6B Prowler

F-16C Fighting Falcon

F-16C Block60

F-16XL

F-2A

F/A-18C Hornet

F/A-18E Super Hornet

EA-18G

Mirage 2000

Mirage 2000D

MiG-29A Fulcrum

A-10A Thunderbolt II

YA-10B

F-14A Tomcat

F-14B Bombcat

F-14D Super Tomcat

Tornado GR.1

Tornado GR.4

Tornado F3

Tornado ECR

MiG-31

MiG-31M

F-15C Eagle

F-15E Strike Eagle

F-15S/MTD

Su-27 Flanker

Su-32 Strike Flanker

Su-35 Super Flanker

Su-37 Terminator

F-117A Nighthawk

JAS-39C Gripen

Typhoon

Rafale M

Rafale B

F-35C

YF-23 Black Widow II

F/A-22A Raptor

FB-22 Concept

Su-47 Berkut

S-32

MiG-1.44

Hawk

X-02 Wyvern (Returning from Ace Combat 4 ;) )

Falken

Good thing I was rapidly scrolling to the bottom anyways and overshot the plane-list... And please don't post comments about anything rare/fantasy, that's almost as bad as posting the list itself again. Like new A-10's or Flankers or such are fine, but don't say something like "the ultra-plane is a modified F-14!!"

Post quickly and rapidly to move the thread to the next page! :)

Also, I do plan to stop reading the thread the moment anyone actually gets it and starts posting, I will return to thread once I have it and have played through first couple missions. (Pre-ordered online with next-day FedEx, I will have it about as soon as possible)

Anyways---I got a new PS2 today, as the old one started failing to directly boot AC4 on Monday (went to browser first, then loaded), as that was one of the few games it still loaded without going to the broweser first. It was getting old (launch day), and I didn't think it'd make it much longer. And would CERTAINLY die on Xenosaga 2. And EB is giving 30 bucks more than normal for PS2's, so now's the time to do it--before it choked on AC5 and I was without a PS2 when I desperately needed one. :)

Also liked that it came with a new controller, as I was still using the original launch day one---needed R1 and left stick in top-notch condition. I sure hope they tweaked "R1 pressure" since the demo needed insane amounts for afterburner.