Yamato 1/100 VF-0S - New Photo

Graham

I still want to see a good shot of it from the side in fighter mode to see if it is any more streamlined. Those intakes were just way too big before.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

stupid ugly intake warnings <_< i'm still going to get one no matter what though

i explained in another thread that the head lasers were angled out from the get-go. kinda sucks since the second head sculpt yamato had shown was perfect...yet they decided to go with what looks like the first head sculpt <_< ... yamato still needs to improve the wings...not make them longer but make that gap a little bigger <_< ...sucks that yamato won't listen to us or anything anymore :(

Hope it's really cheap. After the 1/48 line, 1/60 Rau's and 1/100 Koenig Monster, it's time to recover my balance bit. :)

but it just screams out "Don't touch me!!".

As my 1/48 battroid with the fastpacks on. :rolleyes:

That's precisely why I refuse to buy fastpacks for my 1/48. :(

I'm really not that crazy about this beast, but I love the VF-0 and want a little representation of it for my collection, so if I can find one for $25 or $30 I'll get it.

The sculpt is prety good now, the intakes and hips are so much better now. Still a way more better effort than the original sculpt, and now we finally see the leg armor too, which is a plus. Still waiting to see MSRP though.

Is it me or does it look like the arms have to detach and reattach to that big black piece in battroid mode? the legs I understand since that was what happened with he 1/60 VF-1's, but this is not acceptable. So basically you have to disassemble everything to transform it. Why the hell didn't they do with a slightly larger scale then?

vinnie

hey vin i wonder the same thing. WHen I first saw the protos in the mags i was like "hey its like 1/60 yuammie" then i saw the newer pics with the shoulder units. From what I understand YES you basically arrange this much like a gundam fix variable toy. I want to know why yamato went this crappy route instead of doing a large perfect variable. If the japanese dissed this thing way back sayin this was "teh suck" on the BBS imode went on back then, imagine what they are saying NOW with these new pics!!

Hope the materials are durable with this swapping of parts... :ph34r:

Why bother to make it transformable if you have to swap half of the parts off? Defeats the point of being transformable, IMO... And even with the swappable parts the toy is still far from accurate. This is not transformable. It is combinable at it best.

I rather have 3 superposeables on each mode than this half-@ss "transformation".

Why bother to make it transformable if you have to swap half of the parts off? Defeats the point of being transformable, IMO... And even with the swappable parts the toy is still far from accurate. This is not transformable. It is combinable at it best.

I rather have 3 superposeables on each mode than this half-@ss "transformation".

I know what u mean, this is a total dissapointement comming from Yamato, plus add the head lasers that makes it even worst, too bad they didn't bother to make something nice for Macross Zero, the OVA deserves better than that.

I'm still trying to figure out what all the parts displayed in the latest Dengeki Hobby pic of the 1/100 VF-0S are (see the unmodified pic on page 14 of this thread). Most of the parts are pretty obvious, but there are two parts that I can't quite figure out what they are.

1. FAST Packs.

2. Gunpod.

3. Battroid mode neck piece.

4. Battroid left and right mode shoulder joint sockets.

5. Battroid mode 'collar bone' piece (fits between chest and back plates).

6. Battroid mode nose/hip joint piece w/heatshield.

7. Hands.

8. Front landing gear door for gear-up mode.

9. Rear landing gear doors for gear-up mode.

10. Front landing gear?

11. ????????

12. ????????

Any suggestions regarding numbers 11 and 12?

I'm thinking that number 12 might be a connector for use with the Yamato display arm, but I'm not sure.

Graham

Number 10 looks like the hand for holding the gunpod to me, it can't be a landing gear anyway, we saw the landing gears from the hobby expo and they are bigger and completely different. Number 11 can be another hand as well, probably it have a 4 hand set, notice that N 10 and 11 are placed near the gunpod.

Number 12 can be a clip for the yamato stand, we never saw that piece, judging by the position it can't be something related to the chest, its placed near the gunpod so or it can be something ralated to it, but it loks something extra to me.

This Vf-0S looks like with landing gear down this explain why we see the landing gear hatchs used for landing gear up pose and no landing gear at all.

17.jpg

Edited by Ido

I'm still trying to figure out what all the parts displayed in the latest Dengeki Hobby pic of the 1/100 VF-0S are (see the unmodified pic on page 14 of this thread). Most of the parts are pretty obvious, but there are two parts that I can't quite figure out what they are.

1. FAST Packs.

2. Gunpod.

7. Hands.

10. Front landing gear?

11. ????????

12. ????????

Any suggestions regarding numbers 11 and 12?

I'm thinking that number 12 might be a connector for use with the Yamato display arm, but I'm not sure.

Graham

I've said it before, I'll say it again. That is not a transforming toy, that's a lego set! :angry:<_<

Now you can really see the new and true quality of the Macross Zero Products from Yamato, it seems more along the lines of Banpresto 1/100 valkyries.

Who knows, maybe you could just swap parts with the banpresto valks and make your own experimental type valk. ;)

What's next 1/100 Konig with swapple turret barrels for robot mode fingers? :D

The banpresto valks scale is under 1/120 for sure the 1/100 Vf-0 is probably more the twice the size of a banpresto and it's NOT a VERY cheap game prize, however we will not pay what we payed for the expensive 1/48 line, i Just wish that the small scale will help to make also the vf-0D, SV-51, complete weapon set for sv-51/vf-0, destroid Cheyenne and maybe the M0 monster, this time I want enemy mecha and destroids!

Number 10 looks like the hand for holding the gunpod to me, it can't be a landing gear anyway, we saw the landing gears from the hobby expo and they are bigger and completely different. Number 11 can be another hand as well, probably it have a 4 hand set, notice that N 10 and 11 are placed near the gunpod.

After close study of the actual pic in the magazine, as it's a bit clearer than the scan I did, I think you are correct that # 11 & 12 are hands.

Graham

Now you can really see the new and true quality of the Macross Zero Products from Yamato, it seems more along the lines of Banpresto 1/100 valkyries.

IIRC, the Banprestos Valks were perfect transformation. The Yamato VF-0S is about as far from perfect transformation as you can get.

Graham

After close study of the actual pic in the magazine, as it's a bit clearer than the scan I did, I think you are correct that # 11 & 12 are hands.

Graham

Part 10 and 11 ;) number 12 is too big for an hand :D

So if we are right:

1. FAST Packs.

2. Gunpod.

7. Closed hands.

10. Hand for the gunpod 1 (left hand IMO)

11. Hand for the gunpod 2 (Right hand IMO)

12. Clip for Yamato stand???

post-4-1096364381.jpg

Graham if you have time, may you do an higer resolution scan of this single photo if it will be clearer?

IIRC, the Banprestos Valks were perfect transformation. The Yamato VF-0S is about as far from perfect transformation as you can get.

Graham

Aint that the truth.

Even despite the Lego like design of this toy, I'll still be happy as long as they change just two things: -

1) Resculpt the wing trailing edge.

2) Change the head lasers so they are not angled out so much.

I can live with all the other inaccuracies

Graham

I'm thinking the head lasers can be bent into shape with some hot water to aid the re-shaping... but the odd wing shape...

though, now I'm thinking with so many parts needed for swapping... they can't really call this thing a transforming toy.. they should have just released 3 seperate toys.

Even despite the Lego like design of this toy, I'll still be happy as long as they change just two things: -

1) Resculpt the wing trailing edge.

2) Change the head lasers so they are not angled out so much.

I can live with all the other inaccuracies

Graham

I can stand the wings, its not a Yamato fault, there is a lot of anime magic involved in the VF-0 wings, they are really short in Battroid mode., i think they just used the first CG model of the Vf-0S for sculpt the wings as they are shorter that the actual wings in the oav. What i'm not happy is the nose, its too small and they have not excuse for this! The head isn't a problem i'm sure it can be fix, remember that we'll get the "A" variant too. And remember that the 1/48 vf-1 shapes aren't perfect too :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that there isn't (or very little) anime magic in the vf-0D delta wings, so make that damn D variant!!!

vf-0abattroid.jpg

vf-0afighter.jpg

vf-osfirstcg.jpg

I can't understand this perfect transformation smania, will you really play with a 150$ PT toy? even if the 1/48 have PT the transformation isn't really fast and I need a table to do it without damages and avery time I have to detache fastpacks and weapons, it have stability problems due to its size too. This Vf-0S is a posable action figure that you can assemble as fighter, gerwalk or battroid, if you are going to just expose it what change swap or PT?