Yamato 1/100 VF-0S - New Photo

Graham

Can someone zoom in on the undercarriage shot, particularly the front gear area and behind the head?

Edited by Anubis

Can someone zoom in on the undercarriage shot, particularly the front gear area and behind the head?

Dude... I've seen your Mac Plus box designs... you've got a photo editor.

Just pick the area you want, blow it up a bit and maybe brighten/contrast toggle until you see the details.

Or we could be all CSI about it and we'll look at a grainy video tape and you'll go "Stop the tape! There! In the left corner! Enlarge that license plate"

Then somehow a 3 cm high black speck will become a sharp picture 4000X increased in size with an easily readable license number...

:p

Or we could be all CSI about it and we'll look at a grainy video tape and you'll go "Stop the tape! There! In the left corner! Enlarge that license plate"

Hey, it's the friggen 21st Century!! Where's my software that responds to voice commands for that stuff.

"Enhance 22 to 37. Enhance."

Stupid sci fi movies have lied to me yet again.

Do the wings just overlap one another when they fold back for battroid?

the original design is like that.

and about the toys... oh god, yamato lead us back to the 80's~

the fighter head must take out and replace another parts to

convert in battroid mode, and the feet landing gear also ,

must take out to close the gear doors....

too bad~~ :angry:

Dude... I've seen your Mac Plus box designs... you've got a photo editor.

Just pick the area you want, blow it up a bit and maybe brighten/contrast toggle until you see the details.

Then somehow a 3 cm high black speck will become a sharp picture 4000X increased in size with an easily readable license number...

:p

I mean scan the page zoomed in on that piece. If I blow up the current pick right now it will be a grainy mess. I want to see if we can tell how the legs attach. That and I don't have photoshop at work.

Edited by Anubis

Refering to the new scan from Graham

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1082730570.jpg

On the lower right corner, what is that 1200yen product? I can only tell it should be about two books to be released in August, one for Macross and one for Macross 7. Are they some sort of data book or catalogue?

And about the VF-0 itself, will we still have inked panel lines the final version? My guess is 'no'.

New pics!! Sort of! It's looking...well, exactly the same as last time. I'm still curious as to why Yamato went with the new (and smaller) 1/100 scale. I hope its so that there's a bigger gap between the "low end" toys like the VF-0 and the big "deluxe" toys like the 1/48 series.

That´s exactly the reason I think why Yamato went with 1/100 , so that the lower-end figures would get greater sales by not being so close in price to the higher end toys as the 1/60s to the 1/48s.

what I mean is , when comparing the price of a 1/60 to a super deluxe 1/48 the price difference is not very significant so people end up paying that difference and getting the better toy.

So now that the 1/100 are cheaper people will have a bigger gap between the deluxe figures and the standard ones and that means people will have more value for money.

As long as it doesn't "transform" like the Bandai VF-19 model, or cheap Zeta Gundam models where you practically have to disassemble the whole thing, I'd be happy. Removeable legs are okay with me, but the nose-swapping kinda irks me though. Makes the upcoming VF-0 closer to a model than a toy IMO. The 1/60 was walking a fine line between model and toy, and I guess the 1/100 VF-0 would cross into model zone.

However, anything besides a VF-1 would be quite welcome by now.

It's obvious Yamato is no longer sticking to the May claim from before, because would been up for pre-order already. I say July or August given the usual pattern.

Edited by Anubis

I think June, but I'm not too sure.

Graham

I really hope so , cause I´m eager to see how good Yamato is at doing OTHER valks apart from the VF-1 after seeing their advances with the 1/48.

Ditto. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank u Graham and Melissa....U guys are tops. Very kind of u to lead me to the info that I was seeking. I do have one more question about this model. Will this be the definitive version and if so could someone recommend putting some metal into this toy. I bought 25 of the original VF-11b toys for my collection. I was very disappointed to find out that they were not going to make fastpacks for them. Furthermore the fact that they made a design upgrade (Stronger Hips) pissed me off to. I hope that they really consider putting out a high quality toy and not a piece of crap. It is really insulting to the fans that invest the big bucks. If you guys have any influence please tell Yamato to make these toys nice and add some metal. Make the quality one that die hard collectors can be proud of.

Thanks Again Guys.

Mac11

Hello,

Thank u Graham and Melissa....U guys are tops. Very kind of u to lead me to the info that I was seeking. I do have one more question about this model. Will this be the definitive version and if so could someone recommend putting some metal into this toy. I bought 25 of the original VF-11b toys for my collection. I was very disappointed to find out that they were not going to make fastpacks for them. Furthermore the fact that they made a design upgrade (Stronger Hips) pissed me off to. I hope that they really consider putting out a high quality toy and not a piece of crap. It is really insulting to the fans that invest the big bucks. If you guys have any influence please tell Yamato to make these toys nice and add some metal. Make the quality one that die hard collectors can be proud of.

Thanks Again Guys.

Mac11

sorry man, but it seems that metal is the devil's material according to macrossworlders.

I'm mixed. Looks pretty nice, but it's also pretty small. I just wish they had done 1/72.

I also hope 1/60 scale is coming!

Nobody knows for sure if a larger version of the VF-0 is coming. Some members have theorised that a similar situation may exist to the VF-1, where we got the smaller 1/60 non-perfect transformation version first and then the larger 1/48 perfect transformation version later.

So, it's possible that a larger perfect transformation version may be in the works, but nobody (myself included) knows for sure.

Graham

• 4 months later...

Still no missiles I'm thinking that Yamato will releses a weapon set ala Hasegawa with standard missiles, drone and other...

I'm wondering if the lasers are just posable or gummy as the banpresto's. (I hope someone wil adapt the hase awesome head if it is so bad)

ahhh... comparison pics!

It isn't bad looking at all, the wing are wrong and the nose is a bit weird but it's no bad for the first Vf-0 toy hope the yamato will get better with the sv-51 and the Vf-0D (delta wing, single laser cannon will us get a very good toy?) other valks were not so lucky. :p

There is anime magic in the vf-0 wings porportions in battroid mode? this can justify the yamato wings.

post-4-1096104771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ido