Yamato 1/100 VF-0S - New Photo

Graham

perhaps there IS no nose swapping! please look at the attached image! NOtice that the heatshield is barely hanging and is not connected to the chestplate?( it is but its hanging)...

also notice

-underneath there appears to be a CLEAR canopy

-nose in fighter mode looks to be the same legnth as in battroid

-plug ins for leg joints are not too apparent on battroid mode...perhaps a plate is used to clip to the underside of the VF-0s nose in battrouid...a plate with raised ball joints that are cconnected to the legs....in this way the plate merely clips onto the underside of nose in battroid and clicls into place under chest plate in fighter.

The heatshield is built into the chestplate on the VF-0, so there really should be no need to do a canopy swap.

All that needs to be swapped is the nosecone/forward part of the fuselage really. You can tell that those are different looking at the pics, and also it does kind of look like the legs are attached to a bracket that in turn attaches to the back of the 2nd nosecone, with a ball joint at each end of the bracket. Does this mean the legs are actually one piece? In a way like the 1/48 leg bracket, just it comes off. With that, the big hips are needed to support the ball joint. If that's the case then I like, and can forgive the bulky hip.

IIRC, Graham said before the head comes off so you can get the legs off. Having a bracket the legs attach to explains that.

If they are attached to that bracket to begin with, that makes hooking them onto the underside quite easy. That would make the legs more stable than the 1/60 VF-1's easily, too. Assuming of course the bracket attaches securely to the fuselage in fighter/gerwalk, and also the 2nd nosecone in battroid. I hated attaching the legs in gerwalk on the 1/60 VF-1's. The big downside to a small bracket like that though is it's durability. How easy will that break? Hopefully be fine though.

I want to see the undercarriage of this thing in fighter close up.

Edited by Anubis

yes but wouldnt that mean the legs would be placed lower? BY nose I mean randome....I initially thought the whole front cockpit would be swapped out.  I guess we will find out in a few months.

By nosecone I mean I guess up to the edge of the canopy. Maybe the radome and some of the rear part of the fuselage to allow for the atachment on the other piece.

Then again, maybe not. Take the antennae off (maybe slides in?), then if we're lucky maybe the bracket could plug into the landing gear well? The gear was already known to be removable.

Edited by Anubis

Looking at the pictures.....look at the Gerwalk mode picture....is that an arrestor hook that is on the top of the backpack assembly?

I think that this will be a nice toy and I hope that they decide to tampo stamp the skull onto the heatshield and the tailfins.....

Graham, Thanks once again for posting the pictures...keep them coming if you find anymore!

Larry T.

yep thAts an arrestor hook. UNlike the VF-1, teh VF-0 uses conveontionallyu placed tailhooks. BTW maybe this is too small for tampo printing?

Lets hope it comes prepanellined!

I would guess it is a cost issue. I've seen printing on toys much smaller than this. I just hope it comes with stickers if they don't do the printing!

I'm also wondering if the item in the picture is more mockup than production item. It would explain the heatshield and the lack of skulls.

Really hard to keep my silence on this issue just think of it guys look at it from the commercial point of view it may be one of Yamato's maketing strategy to milk the most out of their smaller scale version before reaping more on the bigger perfect edition like a repetition of the 1/60 to the 1/48 valks but i do believe for most of us who already went through the mentioned above paying another 100 or so for the latter would not mean much any way but the question is how long do we have to wait before we can really see a perfect version is there is going to be any?

Perhaps Graham would enlighten on this most concerning issue if it is at his liberty to disclose any information on this .

Personally, I like the idea of having smaller M0 mecha. This way they won't over-shadow the other ones, they appear like there will be plenty of detail, and I know I'l be able to fit them on my already crowded shelves. I like not having to worry about taking out a loan to buy these as well. :). I admit 1/72 would have been nice, but this is much easier on the space and cash.

I wonder if the (eventual) SV-51 would be perfect transformation? The wings seem to be the only potential problem there that I can tell so far, though I really wish there was some lineart detailing it's transformation sequence.

Maybe come with a little arm so you can take the head off and attach to so you can do the "peek over the ledge" gerwalk.

I wonder if the (eventual) SV-51 would be perfect transformation? The wings seem to be the only potential problem there that I can tell so far, though I really wish there was some lineart detailing it's transformation sequence.

Maybe come with a little arm so you can take the head off and attach to so you can do the "peek over the ledge" gerwalk.

If Yamato couldn't do a perfect transformation with the VF-0 where even the anime showed swing bars, I don't the more technical looking sv-51 will be perfect. I have a feeling it's going to be like a Lego set where you have a pile of pieces that you use to construct each mode.

I wonder if the (eventual) SV-51 would be perfect transformation?  The wings seem to be the only potential problem there that I can tell so far, though I really wish there was some lineart detailing it's transformation sequence. 

If Yamato couldn't do a perfect transformation with the VF-0 where even the anime showed swing bars, I don't the more technical looking sv-51 will be perfect. I have a feeling it's going to be like a Lego set where you have a pile of pieces that you use to construct each mode.

It's hard to tell without lineart to detail the actual dynamics of the transformation. It seems like it would be easier to do perfect transformation. As long as the legs stay attached to the fuselage it's easier.

The problem with the VF-1/VF-0 is that the legs have to detach from their original point going into battroid, and reattach to the hip. Even by lineart, the hydraulic arm that moves the legs on the VF-1 separates and back under the chest area. To make the VF-0's swingbars strong enough not to break, it may look more like a Chunky Monkey or worse yet, really look like a banpresto. I would rather take the legs off than that in a smaller scale VF-0.

As long as the SV-51's hip joints stay attached to the fuselage it's far easier to do a toy of. It seems to me like a mix of the VF-14 and VF-11 transformation in some parts.

Edited by Anubis

Looks very nice to me.  But I only saw the first OAV of M0.  And that was almost a year ago now.  It would be nice if this was in scale with some other valks, but...

Randy

You´ve lived a whole year without feeling eager to see the other episodes ? man you have will power ;)

Do yourself a favour and get the other 2 Eps.

Anyway , The only real thing that I don´t like about this toy is the ugly looking Vf-19-ish upper leg parts. I think they´re too big for the overall proportions of the plane.

Just a question but why did they have to flatten the battroid nosecone ? if they wanted it to look proportioned and nice looking they should´ve used a more realistic nosecone according to the lineart. This makes the Vf-0 look like the tiny K&M figures.

Edited by Aegis!

It does not say that the release will be in April, rather the caption explains that the picture is of a painted version of the same VF-0 design which was featured in the April issue of the magazine (this issue being the May one).

It also notes that there WILL be further changes in the design prior to release. Therefore, the situation with the hip joints, tailfins and whatnot will probably be remedied. [/color]

Thanks for clearing that up renato, it's nice to know the changes will still be made.

Graham

it's not about the scale but the actual size of the toy that yamato seems to care about.

the 1/100 vf-0 is already going to be in line with the vf-11. so roughly, a 1/60 vf-0 would have been 1/48 vf-1 size.

I think this thing is plenty big for the price point.

I'd definately want 1/60, but 1/72 would be acceptable...

I can live with the 1/100, too, but don't want it to be my ONLY option.

u know...seeing all these posts for a 1/48 version of the VF-0S makes me wonder if people really know how BIG the toy would actually be in 1/48 scale...all i know is...that sucker would be almost the size of a lawn gnome in battroid... but what i'm thinking is people want the detail put into a 1/48 VF-1 yamato....i'm sure these guys are mistaking detail for scale...or at least it looks that way to me

I really like the work yamato has done so far with the vf-0 and the scale doesn't bother me one bit either! actually, i'm glad it's this scale...that way i could put all my gundam weapons on it :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

uhm no. The VF-0 wouldnt b neourmoulsy big in 1/48 scale and no we dont just want the detail we want a BIG ASS ROBOT. yes i realize it could cost a little over 160$ but i dont care! I would gladly not buy any robot toy for a 4 month period just to save up for a VF-0 in 1/48 scale.

Its a common fact that me, imode, blaine23 and others like drclay LOVe big robot toysz. and would damn well pay over 150$ for them. You guys keep thinking this thing will be astronomically huge. if you want astronnomically huge get a 1/48 destroid. a 1/48 VF-0 wouild onlty be a few more inches taller than a VF-1. I fail to realize how some of you act like this thing would be the size of a jumbo machinder or something.

We would know the difference between difference and scale so last time i checked none of us needed our eyes checked.

here is thje lowdown.

-majority of uis want..

a-perfect transformation

b-bigger scale than 1/100....1/.48 at most, if not at least 1/60....very few want this in /72 since it woul onlty be able to fit in with the HCMs and the bandai macross plus stuff.

c-a big VF0-0

d-Detail detail detail.

detail found ona 1/48 cant be crammed into a 1/100 toy. otherwise the banprestos would have rocked more ass than the 1/60s.

u know...seeing all these posts for a 1/48 version of the VF-0S makes me wonder if people really know how BIG the toy would actually be in 1/48 scale...all i know is...that sucker would be almost the size of a lawn gnome in battroid... but what i'm thinking is people want the detail put into a 1/48 VF-1 yamato....i'm sure these guys are mistaking detail for scale...or at least it looks that way to me

Well it would definitely be very large.

I've heard that the VF-0 is approximately the size of an F-14 which means it's about 60 feet long, which means it's about half again as large as a VF-1.

1/48 scale VF-1... About 12" long in fighter and about 12" tall in Battloid... 1/48 scale VF-0 if the size quotes I heard about it were correct: approx. 18" long in fighter and 18" tall in battloid.

That's a big toy.

Yamato can sell a $130 VF-1, arguably one of the most recognizable Mecha anywhere... Can they sell a $170-190 VF-0 in large enough numbers to justify it's creation at that size?

I don't know for sure, but I'd have my doubts.

Those numbers are just guesses, but reasonable based on the knowledge we have for sure.