Yamato 1/100 VF-0S - New Photo

Graham

Apaprently they are approving a US release of M0 according to MAHQ. That's what I read anyway. Is this true?

Say Graham, didn't you say long ago that there was a reason for making a low cost non-perfect TF toy instead of a PT one?

Where did you hear this news exactly? I tried looking out on MAHQ and pretty much found nothing. M0 can't exactly come over without HG tryna get their little grubby hands on it. Saddly enough, if we really want to see M0 come over to the states we might be forced to it being a Robotech prequel... :ph34r: I really hope that's not the case, though.

This might be wishful thinking, but HG might even just sub it and be nice enough to give it to us as a SDF Macross prequel...or maybe have Manga or Bandai Visual to bring it over here :ph34r:

now sort-of back to topic....I still want my VF-0S and VF-0D!!! :(:(:angry::angry:

If HG will make a rt prequel out of M0 you can be sure it will become pure trash, anyway I really doubt they will make another robotech show out of an original anime animation. hopefully

So the VF-0 is vaporware, huh? Just like the YF-19FP. Seems to me that Yamato is gearing away from Macross. I don't care for VF-0 1/100 scale. As most said here, I would like to see a 1/48 VF-0. It is also my hope to see the 2-seaters VF. Maybe there is still hope since they are supposedly making the GBP-01 in 1/48 scale. I am still shocked to see the 1/100 VB-6 Monster but then again, why havent we see the 1/60 Destroid monster?

Well, unless I hear it directly from Yamato...I will still keep up my hopes for a 1/100 VF-0S and subsequant models and maybe some enemy mechs too! I know they are not perfect, but they are better than nothing, and I for one am quite happy that Yamato are making even these, Macross Zero mechs are quickly turning into a favorite of mine, so any chance I get to have a toy of it would be awesome.

Twich

I still wonder though.

How in the name of the froating head can they be so damn naive ( to say the least ) not to take advantage of a new ( and so goddamn awesome) series of their their leading toy line and make toys out of it and make loads of money ?

What i mean is , they gotta be just too busy looking for ways to make their QC even worse not to be prepared beforehand the end of the M0 OVA series to release M0 toys at the peak of its popularity.

I think now they´ll probably just get half the sales of what they could´ve have made if they´d released these toys earlier.

This so called tactical moves from Yamato just seem incredibly stupid from any POV you wanna see it. It´s stupid that they don´t wanna please the fans anymore , wel I can understand that , but it´s also stupid from a bussiness POV , cause not only do they give a bad image of themselves with this VF-0 vaporwave issue to their clients but they also wasted their chance to attract new buyers by making badass M0 toys and make maybe more money.

Anyway , to me it reallly looks like this project was totally dropped , whether or not they´ll still make M0 toys in some other scale is a mistery to me. hopefully they do.

I´ll be happy for a lifetime if they just make a Vf-5000 and a VF-0D. :lol:

At this point, I just WISH on almighty Kawamorie to approve and have Hasegawa make a VF-0S battroid kit and then have someone make a PV conversion kit for it. I can live with 1/72 scale with all the details from Hasegawa.

Tell me this is not beautiful! Blasphemers goto Robotech.com! :p

post-3-1085404565.jpg

post-3-1085404611.jpg

More pictures here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=8312&hl=

Tell me this is not beautiful! Blasphemers goto Robotech.com! :p

I think I'd rather have it in 1/72 scale anyways...and by the way, is that a nice way of saying go to hell?

So to sum up...

VF-0....MIA

1/60 Monster....MIA

YF-19FP....MIA

Macross Zero Mook....KIA

wow. Sucks to be us right now.

Heh, for some reason, I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.

Yeah, I reckon we're in for a long quiet period again.

Graham

Graham... you're always so depressing when you post. I'll admit that right now things look bleak, but it seems like you always manage to hammer the crap outta everything you can.

On the note of this topic.... what kind of Mook were we expecting? A design compendiumy thing? Personally, I wish there were mangas of all the Macross series as I love reading more than watching TV anyways....

Graham... you're always so depressing when you post.  I'll admit that right now things look bleak, but it seems like you always manage to hammer the crap outta everything you can.

MwHaHaHaHaHaHa :p Liked that so much I've put it as my member title.

poo.gifaction-smiley-064.gif

Graham

LOL. Well after the votoms, and BBC, if yamato doesn't come up with anything cool or macross related for a while, we are definitely in for "teh suck".

Hopefully yamato starts doing new macross stuff and reissues with better quality like bandai did. later on that is.

I guess the closest thing we can find out is at wonderfest next month.

MwHaHaHaHaHaHa  :p  Liked that so much I've put it as my member title.

poo.gifaction-smiley-064.gif

Graham

Just so your title of "crap hammerer" isn't taken the wrong way....

...you know, in a buggering sort of way. :o:p

Staying on topic, I'm still holding on to the thin fantasy that some other company will start producing great Macross toys. Yes, it's a wish in the wind, but I'm not ready to give up yet.

Edited by eriku

Well, at least the 1/100 VF-0S is still shown on Yamato's site, although that doesn't mean much, as they are very slow at updating (pot calling the kettle black :D ).

Plus the pics shown are still of the older sculpt with the large hip sockets. Heh, and the release date is still shown as 2004.

Oh well, hopefully they have a booth at the upcoming Winter Wonder Fest and perhaps any MWers who attend can get some info out of them.

Graham

Damn, All this makes me feel like I will never see that 1/48 GBP at all./

I bet in two years we will have Tony saying "do you remember that 1/48 GBP , and the YF 19, and the 1/60 Moster... well they made the Prototipes, I have them... and dont even think about recasts" "Ho! the VF 0, first and second versions protos??? Gots that too" And no, no recasts, so dont ask will ya?

:(

Sebastian Posted on Jan 26 2005, 04:21 AM

Damn, All this makes me feel like I will never see that 1/48 GBP at all./

Awww, dude, you shouldn't have posted that! You might be jinxing it for the rest of us :p ! But I do hope we get more MACROSS stuff from YAMATO!

I don't know. Considering Graham is kinda saying he IS Minmay's underwear he might be in a reasonably enviable position. So Graham, are you the tops or the bottoms?

It does kinda suck to be us right now doesn't it? Grahams maniacal laughter actually makes me a little sad, it's like his Macross love is so thoroughly unrequited it's driven him over the edge. Yamato stabbed him in the back, Kamawori hasn't given him a new series yet, and now even the half hearted enthusiasm he had for 0 seems to be biting the dust.

On the upside when we hear on the news that Graham has Kamawori, and the CEO's of Yamato, Bandai, and HG hogtied in a pile of hippopotamus fecal matter in his basement things might just turn REEEAAAAL exciting on this site.

I got a feeling yamato will pull off at least some macross 0 merchandise, and after that nothing for a while. And then some 1/60 and 1/48 reissues. Other than that I see them concentrating on other licenses. They did pretty well with the scopedog from all the reviews I read, even the diehards loving it. I just wish we could get a VF-0 that big, perfect variable.

Hopefully they kill off the 1/100 VF-0 line and use the money for that and invest into r/d for a perfect variable VF-0. I'd be content!

I just can't give up on the VF-0 project...btw...could Yamato be holding out the VF-0 for the eventual release of the Macross Zero movie? BigWest can tell them to stop production on a product if they wanted it to be released with the movie, right?

I just can't give up on the VF-0 project...btw...could Yamato be holding out the VF-0 for the eventual release of the Macross Zero movie? BigWest can tell them to stop production on a product if they wanted it to be released with the movie, right?

I suppose that is possible. But I'm wondering was Macross Zero popular enough for BW to make a movie version.

I'd love to see the sales figures for Mac Plus OVA vs Mac Zero OVA. I'm betting Mac Plus sold more.

Graham

I hope your right about this, that would be cool. I want them to hold out and release a 1/60 version of the VF-0.

By the way what was said in that interview piece at the end of Episode 5, did the voice actors mention anything about a movie version.

I hope your right about this, that would be cool. I want them to hold out and release a 1/60 version of the VF-0.

By the way what was said in that interview piece at the end of Episode 5, did the voice actors mention anything about a movie version.

No I don´t think they did , some one put it up in the M0 Ep.5 thread I think.

From what I remember they only said how pleasing it was to work on the proect and all the cliche phrases japanese actor give in those interviews. It would be dumb of them to actually ask if there´ll be a movie version it their own DVD though.

I suppose that is possible. But I'm wondering was Macross Zero popular enough for BW to make a movie version.

I'd love to see the sales figures for Mac Plus OVA vs Mac Zero OVA. I'm betting Mac Plus sold more.

Graham

Surely M+ did better considering it was the BIG come back of macross after so many years , remember M0 was released only a few years after Macross dynamite OVAs , and given THEIR succsses I see no chance of japanese cunsumers actually expecting much from it. After that it´s a straight trip into the land of way-too-cool-OVA-series-that-went-unnoticed.

I don´t expect it to do any btter than your regular OVA series so , M+ had the advantage of featuring a story that appealed to anyone that wasn´t a fan , and being a true gem for those who waited so long for a new macross series.