I finally have my first Yamato for real

vibayo

Yehaaaaa! after 4 months of mistakes on the sendings,i finally have my first Yamato,it's a VF-1D and i'm very pleased with the look it has in the box,when i get home,i'll open it and tell more things.I bought it for $26 :D and that's the reason for the seller "mistakes" :D:D:D but i finally have it!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to MW vibayo......that's a pretty good price for a 1:60 VF-1D. Hey. His mistakes. Your profiit. B))

Are you going to pick up any more Yamato's in the near future? Who am I joking...of course you will. It's an addiction.

Lo all, sorry to vibayo for half inching your thread but I didn't want to start another newbie thread. :)

Anyhow, some of you might know me from the Tf fandom but my eye has been caught recentley by Yamatos fantastically detailed Valkeryie toys.

I like the big size and lots of detail so naturally I'm looking at the 1/48's however I really like the designs of Macross plus and Zero more then the older VF's.

Should I shell out "now" and get the lovely red 1/48 Millia set or hold my breath for some larger figures of the VF-0/YF-19?

Thanks in advance :)

Fort Max

Are you going to pick up any more Yamato's in the near future? Who am I joking...of course you will. It's an addiction.

I bought a K&M MBR and a 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) just a few weeks ago...

Now I'm waiting for my first 1/48 to arrive! B))

P.S.: Is 129.99$U.S. a fair price for a 1/48 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Hikaru)?

P.S.: Is 129.99$U.S. a fair price for a 1/48 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Hikaru)?

Are you sure its a Super VF-1J?....sounds to me that its only the 1/48 1J without FPs....

Otherwise that's an awesome deal...

Lo all, sorry to vibayo for half inching your thread but I didn't want to start another newbie thread. :)

Anyhow, some of you might know me from the Tf fandom but my eye has been caught recentley by Yamatos fantastically detailed Valkeryie toys.

I like the big size and lots of detail so naturally I'm looking at the 1/48's however I really like the designs of Macross plus and Zero more then the older VF's.

Should I shell out "now" and get the lovely red 1/48 Millia set or hold my breath for some larger figures of the VF-0/YF-19?

Fort Max

I think you must buy at lease one 1/48 VF-1 with FP,

this is a must buy items for every macross fans.

no one know when or who will produce other VF series that so perfect like this yamato's one again. ,

you must reglet after a few year if you miss this 1/48 at this moment, because you will need to pay much for this perfect 1/48 if you want to get one, just like the takatoku 1/55 series.

Buy this 1/48 now, than wait for the other perfect VF series,

this is the best I think! :)

Yehaaaaa! after 4 months of mistakes on the sendings,i finally have my first Yamato,it's a VF-1D and i'm very pleased with the look it has in the box,when i get home,i'll open it and tell more things.I bought it for $26  :D  and that's the reason for the seller "mistakes"  :D  :D  :D but i finally have it!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you!!!

Man, $26 is an excellent price!!

Just got my first -1D myself the other day and can't wait to make it a Super VF-1D! :D

Lo all, sorry to vibayo for half inching your thread but I didn't want to start another newbie thread.  :)

Fort Max

I think you must buy at lease one 1/48 VF-1 with FP,

this is a must buy items for every macross fans.

no one know when or who will produce other VF series that so perfect like this yamato's one again. ,

you must reglet after a few year if you miss this 1/48 at this moment, because you will need to pay much for this perfect 1/48 if you want to get one, just like the takatoku 1/55 series.

Buy this 1/48 now, than wait for the other perfect VF series,

this is the best I think! :)

Thanks that's just what I was thinking :)

I trust that as the newest release, it will have all of the fixes and upgrades that Yamato have been adding as the series progressed?

One more question for you, the Millia set has everything I want except for the Strike cannon.

Assuming that this isn't part of the super pack, is it possible to buy just the cannon so it can be swapped for the right(?) booster?

Thanks again

Fort Max

Edited by Fort Max

I trust that as the newest release, it will have all of the fixes and upgrades that Yamato have been adding as the series progressed?

One more question for you, the Millia set has everything I want except for the Strike cannon.

Assuming that this isn't part of the super pack, is it possible to buy just the cannon so it can be swapped for the right(?) booster?

Thanks again

Fort Max

it's no problem to fit on the miria's FP.

I think you can try to asked some guy here to sell you the strike cannon,

but don't expect too much....

and note that the color and the arms part have

different between MOVIE & TV FP SET

so,I think it's no harm to buy a extra FP for the strike cannon. :)

Thanks again

Fort Max

it's no problem to fit on the miria's FP.

I think you can try to asked some guy here to sell you the strike cannon,

but don't expect too much....

and note that the color and the arms part have

different between MOVIE & TV FP SET

so,I think it's no harm to buy a extra FP for the strike cannon. :)

If that's the case then it can wait untill I feel like buying another 1/48, Fockers is the next biggest draw for me. :)

Thanks a lot Hayao Kakizaki, you've been a great help B))

Fort Max

Are you sure its a Super VF-1J?....sounds to me that its only the 1/48 1J without FPs....

Well... it's $U.S. 129.99 + 30.00 for shipping (worldwide from Honkong)...

Found that one on eBay... there are two left.

But I don't know if the seller is trustworthy... everything seems to be alright up to now. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=16467

Congrats vibayo.

like everyone said, it wont be your last.... I started with the original 1/72 mac + line and I've bought everything but the 1/48's since(I only have one 1/48). Great price I must say.

and to Fort max:

Though I saw the original macross series back in the 80's I never really became a fan till macross plus came along. So yeah, I understand your point about perferring the newer valks over the old. However I must say, once you buy one of the older ones (especially one of the 1/48's) you'll REALLY appreciate them a lot more. I really recommend getting a VF-1 1/48. It's really worth buying one (even though it costs more than a playstation 2).

welcome to macross fandom!

and to Fort max:

Though I saw the original macross series back in the 80's I never really became a fan till macross plus came along. So yeah, I understand your point about perferring the newer valks over the old. However I must say, once you buy one of the older ones (especially one of the 1/48's) you'll REALLY appreciate them a lot more. I really recommend getting a VF-1 1/48. It's really worth buying one (even though it costs more than a playstation 2).

welcome to macross fandom!

Thanks for the welcome :)

I've deiced to go ahead and pre-order the 1/48 Millia super set :D

I'll let you know what I think when ever I get it. :unsure:

Fort Max

Well... it's $U.S. 129.99 + 30.00 for shipping (worldwide from Honkong)...

Found that one on eBay... there are two left.

But I don't know if the seller is trustworthy... everything seems to be alright up to now. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=16467

six,

it's cheap. but if you look at her negative feedback........she packs em cheap also.

just bubble wrap???no box??feedbak page

it's cheap. but if you look at her negative feedback........she packs em cheap also.

Plus factor in the shipping costs: $30 added to the original $130 is $160, which isn't a bad deal by any means, but much closer to being comparable with the going rates...

six,

Plus factor in the shipping costs: $30 added to the original $130 is $160, which isn't a bad deal by any means, but much closer to being comparable with the going rates...

Ah well...

There are only a few complaints about the packing and there are several saying "good packing".

The item descripition says MISB, so I'll stick to my faith believing I will recieve a nicely package containing my new Valk! :D

I haven't found a shop near my home to just pick up a Valk, so I'll have to stick with what I can get... :(

(In fact I haven't seen a Yamato Valk anywhere on a shelf before. Not even in the Manga/Anime/comic book/action figure shops around here... some even didn't have any Macross at all!)

That was just the best/cheapest offer I could find!

I'm not promoting this seller... I just gave it a try and bought one.

I'll let You know when I recieve my crushed Valk in shredded bubble wrap. ;)

EDIT: Typos... though there still may be some left. :p

Edited by Six