If they make a 1/48 VF-1D

drifand

… If Yamato included a separate cockpit/fuselage section which you can clip onto the arm of a another valk, just like in the TV episode? It would have to be a separate prop or accessory, no use hoping for the impossible. Who would pay a premium to get such an extra with the main toy?

On the same line, how about a space pod for Milia's baby when her 1/48 gets released eventually? Complete with opening hatch and mini-baby fig? These are the kind of things they couldn't do for the 1/60s by the larger size of the 1/48s is perfect for.

… If Yamato included a separate cockpit/fuselage section which you can clip onto the arm of a another valk, just like in the TV episode? It would have to be a separate prop or accessory, no use hoping for the impossible. Who would pay a premium to get such an extra with the main toy?

I've always thought this would be a cool feature for any valk release...often contemplated making a custom that would do that, just never got around to it...

I've always thought this would be a cool feature for any valk release...often contemplated making a custom that would do that, just never got around to it...

I saw a Hase VF-1S with the 1D nose on the arm on the net somewhere about a year ago, it looked really cool ill try find the pic if i can

Hybridchild

They are cool.... but too muhc of collectors extras... I don't think Yamato is into that. <_<

True it might be an idea to ask one of the garage kit makers on the board to make them

Hybridchild

That shouldn't be too hard.

As for the detachable nose cone.... now that would be tougher. :)

Don't push it boy! <_<

Who cares what you think.

yes ma'am.

Vostok 7

Wise man, Vostok. :p

Personally, I'll just be happy if Yamato continues the 1/48 line at all. I know what I'm wishing for. Now.. if they'd just make them.

jwinges made one that clips on to the arm of a 1/55. He had pics of it and everything (on the old boards). He also mentioned he was planning on recasting them.

If they make the orange 1/48 VF-1D, they should make a "brownie" or "low-viz" version too. It would be out of character for Yamato to not try and get more than one paint scheme out of a 1/48 design, especially since they'd have to redesign the nosecone, chestpiece, and scuplt a new head.

I'd rather pick up a 1/48 VF-1D over the Max Jenius and Low Viz VF-1A. It's not just another repaint with minor upgrades, I guess you'd get a slightly different sculpt (new VF-1D head). :D

If they did do the 1D in 1/48th they most likely do the SuperO and Elint to make it worth while instrad of doing differant colour schemes

Hybridchild

The nosecone/cockpit for the VF-1D is more streamlined, which means it can't be used for the VE and VT.

The 1D is ugly. There are plenty of other valks that deserve the 1/48 treatment better then the 1d.

Ugly?!?! :blink:

Orange and Tan look great together!!!! B)

If they did do the 1D in 1/48th they most likely do the SuperO and Elint to make it worth while instrad of doing differant colour schemes

Hybridchild

The nosecone/cockpit for the VF-1D is more streamlined, which means it can't be used for the VE and VT.

Maybe but it looks like they used the same nose cone for them all on the 1/60ths so theyd probably do the same with the 1/48ths

Hybridchild

Hybridchild

Maybe but it looks like they used the same nose cone for them all on the 1/60ths so theyd probably do the same with the 1/48ths

Hybridchild

They didn't. The VT and VE's coming out have bubbley nosecones. Not the best sculpt, but certainly different than the VF-1D.

Pic of VT-1 from Valkyrie-Exchange (www.valkyrie-exchange.com):

yvt1_proto.jpg

Pic of VF-1D from Jawjaw's website (www.superjaw.com):

vf1d-f4.jpg

If you notice, the back of the canopy doesn't even line up the same way.