If they make a 1/48 VF-1D

drifand

You appear to be right, i stand corrected

Hybridchild

The VF-1D has a different nose/canopy than the VT or VE. The VT and VE have stepped pilot/copilot stations whereas the -1D the pilot and copilot sit at the same level on the centerline.

Vostok 7

… If Yamato included a separate cockpit/fuselage section which you can clip onto the arm of a another valk, just like in the TV episode? It would have to be a separate prop or accessory, no use hoping for the impossible. Who would pay a premium to get such an extra with the main toy?

Yes... yes... very cool. And maybe little manipulator arms for Roy's 1S too, that clips somehow onto its forearm. I've always wondered if the detachable cockpit was a feature exclusive to the 1D, or if it was common with all the VF-1's.

-Al

The 1D is ugly. There are plenty of other valks that deserve the 1/48 treatment better then the 1d.

What you talkin about Willis errrrr abombz <_< Besides, a 1/48 1D could be used to correct some of the problems the 1D had in the 1/60 scale.

You appear to be right, i stand corrected

Hybridchild

The VF-1D has a different nose/canopy than the VT or VE. The VT and VE have stepped pilot/copilot stations whereas the -1D the pilot and copilot sit at the same level on the centerline.

Vostok 7

id never noticed that before i though they both had the same cockpit layout

Hybridchild

The 1D is ugly. There are plenty of other valks that deserve the 1/48 treatment better then the 1d.

Ugly?!?! :blink:

Orange and Tan look great together!!!! B)

Yeah.... very very ugly. It was the reason I almost didn't watch Macross. <_<

:lol: That's pretty funny Abombz, or are you serious? :unsure:

Anyway, I hope Yamato gets around to releasing all of our favorite valks in 1/48 scale.

I've always wondered if the detachable cockpit was a feature exclusive to the 1D, or if it was common with all the VF-1's.

I've always wondered the same thing...perhaps only the "trainer" had this feature so they could tote the newbies back once they crashed their ride B)

...but I could also see how it could be useful on other VF variants...hmmm...

I would so buy a 1:48 VF-1D, I am a major proponent of two seat fighters. My Grandpa used to have a rule concerning the size of the flight crew on planes: the number of flight crew should be greater than or equal to the number of engines. This is due to the complexity of systems of aboard multi-engined birds, plus imagine how it would be to ahve a two seat valk with a pilot in the front and a Marine WSO in the back. The Marine WSO would be hooked up to a VR system and would control the battroid mode, making it much easier to cross train crews and possibly increasing the survival rate.

The VF-1D has always seemed kind of boring, to me. Just slightly more interesting than a standard brown VF-1A. But then again, I'm a VF-1S fan. It'd be nice to see a set of Max and Milia VF-1Js in 1/48 scale, though. Now THOSE I'd be up for!

Ugly?!?! :blink:

Orange and Tan look great together!!!! B)

Yeah.... very very ugly. It was the reason I almost didn't watch Macross. <_<

All because you didn't like the color combination! Now that is funny! :lol::p

I'd like it if it came with Hikaru in his orange jumpsuit and Minmay. They should have done that with the 1/60th. I guess they were going for a more everyday look for it though.

Randy aka Powered Convoy

No, they were just safeguarding the marketability of the VT-1. Same reasons for not including spare heads for 1/48s. They want fans to buy them all.

hmmm....how about Low viz or indian Su30 MKI inspired color scheme? Noone really knows for sure if a VF1D is a trainer(i think so but at this point i dont think anyone cares lol) so why not use a color scheme used by another long range strike fighter the Su30 MKI?!!!!!!!

muahhah1! someone make a custom quick!!!!hmm......8i feel...nostalgic...

perhaps another..

NO LOL!!

(to any japanese fans deep in the homeland of kawamori please make a custom VF1D based on the Su30MKI indian color scheme...that way we can trick kawamori into getting yamato to make it without yoshinol and my polls!!! tha latter of which would make him pass out from the yoshinol!)

hmmm....how about Low viz or indian Su30 MKI inspired color scheme? Noone really knows for sure if a VF1D is a trainer(i think so but at this point i dont think anyone cares lol) so why not use a color scheme used by another long range strike fighter the Su30 MKI?!!!!!!!

muahhah1! someone make a custom quick!!!!hmm......8i feel...nostalgic...

perhaps another..

NO LOL!!

(to any japanese fans deep in the homeland of kawamori please make a custom VF1D based on the Su30MKI indian color scheme...that way we can trick kawamori into getting yamato to make it without yoshinol and my polls!!! tha latter of which would make him pass out from the yoshinol!)

Oh no, Shin is back!!!

Quick everyone, run for the hills! :D:D:lol: