GX-16 SOC Eva 00 Kai (blue)

Batou

What the title says: I just got my shipping notice today. Here's hoping that SAL works as fast for me as it has the last two times now - I get my last two orders in a week!

Is anyone else here as impressed with these little guys as I am? So rugged, yet still so posable. These are the ultimate Evangelion toys IMHO, and I can't wait to add Rei's Eva to my line up.

I'm holding off on unit 00 til I pay for all the other stuff I've bought this month. 1 super ostrich, 1 elintseeker, 2 1/48 fast packs, and macross figure set. :(

Edited by Golden Arms

I also just got my shipping notice today from HLJ for the eva00, but I have not got any shipping notice for the fastpack :((. It's strange as many people in the forum already had them :(

Ah crap! :blink:

My toy reservations are starting to swamp and here I am waiting for my checks to clear up! :angry:

My Low Vis, Eva-02, GX-12 and GX-07 are still in reserved status from my supplier, and now the FAST Packs are out, and the EVA-00 Kai are coming!

DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!

........I need a hug :unsure:

Edited by Omni Existence

Did anyone else skip out on the release of Unit 02? Looks like I'll have to pick up Unit 00 (blue version) and Unit 02 at the same time.  :ph34r: It's worth if just for the Lance of Longinus.

I agree, I knew I wanted to get the rest the first time I picked up 01 because I felt bad that it was gonna be lonely (You don't want Shinji to be alone for the rest of his miserable existence do you?). I'm really looking forward to the 00 Kai, not only so I can finally complete the team but also because the Kai also has more cool accessories to try out: the sniper rifle, the lance, n2 mine, the sonic glaive, and is that the external battery pack I see?...woo hoo!

I'll admit, even with the minor flaws (i.e. ankle seam lines, tight joints, mismatched paint, etc.) these SOC Evas have really grown on me and have become my faves along with the Boss. I initally thought these toys were gonna be like my "see but no touch" Yammies or my Maz girls, but because they ooze playability, I've had plenty of fun reposing em...I see mine on my shelf and they are just asking to be handled, reposed, and tryout the different weapons on each...I now know why girls play with Barbies.. heh heh :p

Edit: Added the glaive.

Edited by GDomino

I recieved my eva00 yesterday and I'm very happy of it (like all the SOC I have)

This eva00 has a good paint job : "the blue is the same blue everywhere and a good blue" .... not as the eva02 ... but I love my 02 too anyways. :rolleyes:

the neck of the eva00 doesn't move a lot up and down <_< , otherwise it's the same as other eva soc, it means very good B)

The eva00 comes with great weapons, the longitinus spear, the rifle, the sonic glaive, a bomb and some other classic stuffs. :)

The spear gives a great look to the toy : here is some pict I ve just taken

( As I've now 3 eva, I ll take more pict this weekend, the 3 together with classic pose in art book ... :lol: )

eva00 pict

Nice pics, Hubert. Got mine yesterday too. I swear - maybe I'm just extraordinarily lucky, but I don't know what all the fuss about SAL is about. My last three shipments from HLJ using SAL arrived within a week. (Of course you know I just jinxed myself now, huh? :D ).

Anyway, it's definitely very cool and looks fantastic posed alongside the other two. I think I'm going to pass on the yellow version, but might just pick up an Eva 03 if they ever make it (or was it 04? - whichever was the black one that Toji [briefly] piloted).

My 02 has the same color paint all over...

its gooooooood.

First time I heard of a perfectly painted one, you got pics?

My 00 came in a week ago but because I had to move to a new apartment, I'm only getting to play with it now...At last my fave wallpaper is a 3D reality...

evapose.jpg

Anyways if you look at the panel covering the screw on 02's calf or the torso from the legs, the difference in paint is pretty obvious. But my 02 has no flaws.

DSC00068copySM.jpg

Not a biggy but anyone else notice that Unit 0's shoulder insignias are missing the "Eva" in between the number "0"?

In short, the best thing about them is that they have a reasonable amount of diecast in them and bring back the Gokin nostalgia from the late 70s-early 80's. Maybe you've got to have some kind of attachment to the bots to really appreciate the line... I grew up on some of these guys which is why I easily got into them. These have that Godaikin feel (even if they are on the small side) but with improved designs.

You've got to really hold one in your hands to feel the heft of the die-cast and see the engineering, quality, and gimmicks that make these toys an expensive purchase. Since you are hanging out here, you should know by now that collecting Japanese toys is an expensive hobby but most of the SOC line is fairly cheap when compared to some of the Valks put out by Bandai, Yamato, & even Toynami.

Most people are satisfied when they get one and even the biggest nitpickers will admit that these toys blow away all mainstream toys, even Transformers... Why do you think the 20th Anniv OP is going with diecast and an almost SOC like treament of gimmicks?

Edited by GDomino

im sorry guys, but what is the great deal about chokogin (sp?). I've never bought one, but they look like cheap plastic and are expensive. It also seems they aren't fully painted. If u think im talking out my ass, please tell me what is so great about them, i'd like to know.

i don't own one, but i hear they're actually mostly metal and posable as hell. i'm thinking of getting that blue one sometime soon, when i am not broke as hell.....Omni, i feel your pain.

im sorry guys, but what is the great deal about chokogin (sp?). I've never bought one, but they look like cheap plastic and are expensive. It also seems they aren't fully painted. If u think im talking out my ass, please tell me what is so great about them, i'd like to know.

expensive yes. cheap plastic? no. never have i picked up a toy that had such density and heft. it feels as though they took a block of metal and carved the toy out of it.

i dont see any piece on here that is not fully painted.

expensive yes. cheap plastic? no. never have i picked up a toy that had such density and heft. it feels as though they took a block of metal and carved the toy out of it.

i dont see any piece on here that is not fully painted.

The only other toys I've held, that have more diecast in them, are the Aoshima Miracle House Shin Getters, Neo Getters, and Mazinkaiser - talk about a toy that you could knock a person out with!!!

Of course it's not really based on anything, but I've always joked that anything in America costs twice as much in Japan, so working backwards from that, a 7,000 yen toy would be the same as a 35 toy in the US - which I think is about right. Remember, I'm not talking about exchange rates, but about real value. I have about the same hesitation and reservations about picking up a 7,000 yen toy here as I would a $35 dollar one back in the States.

For reference, I went out last Sunday for a two hour dinner with four people and dropped about 25,000. Granted I paid for most of the dinner - but not all of it. ;) If I did something like that in the US, I would have to have lost my mind first!

Of course it's not really based on anything, but I've always joked that anything in America costs twice as much in Japan, so working backwards from that, a 7,000 yen toy would be the same as a 35 toy in the US - which I think is about right. Remember, I'm not talking about exchange rates, but about real value. I have about the same hesitation and reservations about picking up a 7,000 yen toy here as I would a $35 dollar one back in the States.

For reference, I went out last Sunday for a two hour dinner with four people and dropped about 25,000. Granted I paid for most of the dinner - but not all of it. ;) If I did something like that in the US, I would have to have lost my mind first!

Your explanation makes a lot of sense. That's why I never really bought in the "the SOC line is aimed only for the 20-35 yr old, middle aged japanese men, living in the suburbs with plenty of space so the high prices" explanation from a certain [sarcasm]toy-genius[/sarcasm] from TBDX...

Even I have reservations on buying a $30-50 TF toy from a US ToysrUs, yeah the toy is expensive but I know that they aren't only intended just for us 20-35 yr olds"collectors" who are willing to spend our paychecks on them. They are priced for anyone willing to buy in on the hype so the MFR can get some of the time and cost of developement back.