To sell or not to sell my 1/60ths

GobotFool

Well, with the Elint and Super O coming out it looks as if my 1/60th collection will be coming to a close. Still should I keep it? I was all wild bout this series and am still fond of it but now with yamato making a Vf-1J, and a VF-1S Hikaru in 1/48 scale I really do see them going for making every valk in 1/48th scale a possiblilty, and perhaps even beyond what they have done for the 1/60th scale as we never got a 1/60th scale Hikaru VF-1S. I think I will keep my 1/60th line as the collector in me finds it hard to let them go. and since I have no intention of getting every 1/48th I think I want to have a complete line of VF's in one scale at least, still I am unsure......

I think you should keep them for the very reason you mentioned (as the collector in me finds it hard to let them go). I know they're not the most poseable Valkyries in the world (espically in Battroid mode), and with the addition of the 1/60 Monster and Quadelunn Rau who knows where Yamato might be taking the line. If I were you I'd keep em....you never know what might happen next. :ph34r:

i had the same thought like you BUT i still choose to keep all 1/60 with me despite of the rise in 1/48 cos these are purchased by my hard earned money and just how beautiful they'd look when you display all of them infront of you.

wouldn't you feel proud of your collection?

Yeah.. got a same thought though! :( few months a go I decided not to buy more 1/60th because of all the QC issues and think to sell them out to hekp me buy more 1/48th.

But then the very elusive Elint and Super O being released, it hard for me to resist those two, especially the elint. I was thinking just pass them on and wait until they come up in 1/48th, but if they don't...... arrghhh the VE-1 will already be so dang expensive like the VF-19

sigghhh..... really hard to make up my mind :unsure:

Yeah.. got a same thought though! :(  few months a go I decided not to buy more 1/60th because of all the QC issues and think to sell them out to hekp me buy more 1/48th. 

But then the very elusive Elint and Super O being released, it hard for me to resist those two, especially the elint. I was thinking just pass them on and wait until they come up in 1/48th, but if they don't...... arrghhh the VE-1 will already be so dang expensive like the VF-19

sigghhh..... really hard to make up my mind :unsure:

Buy the VE-1 if they make it into a 1/48 sell it off to some one who wants one but can't afford the 1/48. I think I'll be keeping all my 1/60ths. Though the ones that have 1/48 counterparts that I own will be going into deep storage.

Edited by GobotFool

I'm getting rid af all my 1/55s as they just look so dated next to the 1/48.

However, I'm keeping my 1/60s, at least for the moment. As UN Spacy pointed out, the Q-Rau and Monster are coming out in 1/60 scale and it will be fun to pose them together with the 1/60 Valks. Also, the possibility exists that Yamato will make more enemy mecha and Destroids in 1/60 scale, although this is as yet unconfirmed.

While we know that Yamato is going to release the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru, we don't know what other VF-1 variants they will release in 1/48 scale. So it is by no means certain that they will release as many variants as they did with the 1/60 line. I imagine that a 1/48 Max & Millia VF-1J toys are a strong possibility, after all it makes good financial sense to maximise use of the existing 1/48 VF-1J tooling. However, there is so far no indication from Yamato that we will see other 1/48 variants such as the VF-1D or VT-1 & VE-1, so these may be strictly limited to 1/60 scale.

Graham

So when are you allowed to reveal more of what yamato has in store for us Graham? Did they say you can at some time what we are expecting?

Im kinda still hanging out wondering bout that fastpack 19 still............*sigh*

:)

I'm keeping the 1/60's I have, with the exception of the VF-1S Roy which I will give to my brother when my 1/48 Roy arrives. I still like my J Hikaru and my CF, and if I get a Q-rau, I could even see getting a DYRL Max to pose fighting with it.

I dun think I would sell away mine ... Its the only scale I think have $$ to collect for the whole range. <_<

Its about $200 (SGD) per 1/48 ... that's too ex for me to keep the whole range of them. But I think I will get the VF-1J cos its my fav. The only wish is that they will make the 1/60 line "perfect transformation" also.

I guess I'm the odd man out here...

The only 1/60 I have left is the VF-1D, and that's only because it is the only version of the toy available.

I never was really fond of the 1/60's though I had them all. When compared to the detail they put into the 1/48, the 1/60 is just too small a platform to due the Valkyrie any real justice. For instance, the head sculpt, and lasers especially on the 1/60 1S is horrible.

I keft my 1D, so I can pose it next to the Monster and Q Rau. I also did not pre-order the ostrich and elint because experience has shown me (as I have sold off my 1/60's) that unless by some fluke they are extremely limited in release, like the Bandai M&M's, you can pick them up MUCH cheaper than their pre-order price if you are willing to wait 6 or 8 months.

I for one am betting that Yamato will continue to milk the 1/48 line the same way they did the 1/60. I would be very surprised given their high value to adult collectors, if they did not make a two seater variant or two.

By all means keep them. After all, what will you display next to the Q-Rau, Monster, and all the other goodies Yamato may yet release in the 1/60 line. I know that next to the 1/48 they look like yesterday's news, but they are way better than anything else out there short of their big brothers. Also, there is Toynami's 1/55 line of Mospeada/Alpha and possibly Tread/Beta MPCs to look forwart to, and since the two scales are within a reasonable margin of error of each other they would make perfect display partners.

Yeah, as much as I love my 1/48's, I couldn't see myself dropping all of the smaller valks in favor of them. Like Graham said, we're at least going to see the Q-Rau come out in 1/60, and possibly destroids and other enemy mecha (just give me a few Regults, and I'll be happy - throw in the Glaug and N. Ger, and I'll do cartwheels), and it's just undeniably cool to be able to put all of these little buggers in the same scale next to each other.

Anyway, the 1/60 line might not be as flashy as it's bigger brothers, but I can afford to buy and display just about all of these - definitely NOT the case for the 1/48's. Besides, I'm just about done with the 1/48 line after the Hikaru 1J until they start putting something out besides VF-1's. Don't get me wrong - I love 'em to death, but at US $140 or so shipped, plus another $55 for fast packs, it's getting to be too much for just more repaints of existing molds.

Thanks for the responses all, its settled for me they are staying, again only the redundant ones going into deep storage. Though I am considering doing away with my old non-fastpacked focker 1/60th. oh and before I get wild PM's asking for it, if I do get rid of it its going to a friend for a reduced price.

Edited by GobotFool

I´m keeping my 1/60s all the way , I intend to have at least one toy of each scale and of each different VF (i.e. just one VF-1 , one VF-5000 , one Glaug..etc) depending on availability.

I´m hoping Yamato will release a Glaug and a Spartan in the future as well as a GBP armour in 1/60 , it´s likely I´ll buy the YF-19FP (whatever happened to it).

I'm getting rid af all my 1/55s as they just look so dated next to the 1/48.

However, I'm keeping my 1/60s, at least for the moment. As UN Spacy pointed out, the Q-Rau and Monster are coming out in 1/60 scale and it will be fun to pose them together with the 1/60 Valks. Also, the possibility exists that Yamato will make more enemy mecha and Destroids in 1/60 scale, although this is as yet unconfirmed.

While we know that Yamato is going to release the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru, we don't know what other VF-1 variants they will release in 1/48 scale. So it is by no means certain that they will release as many variants as they did with the 1/60 line. I imagine that a 1/48 Max & Millia VF-1J toys are a strong possibility, after all it makes good financial sense to maximise use of the existing 1/48 VF-1J tooling. However, there is so far no indication from Yamato that we will see other 1/48 variants such as the VF-1D or VT-1 & VE-1, so these may be strictly limited to 1/60 scale.

Graham

I did the opposite. I got rid of all my 1/60's because they just couldn't compare to my 1/48's. However, I kept all my old taka's and bandai's for sentimental reasons and pure nostalgia. I'll just have to set up my Q-Rau's and miscellaneous destroids with the 1/55 valk's, even if they are a little outta scale. I had to wait 20 somethin' years for some enemy mecha and nice destroids, so the fact that they are a little outta scale with my 1/55's bothers me very little. Besides, I would never get what they are worth ( or what I paid for them anyway ) if I were to sell them. <_< But hey, I'm usually a complete f@$ktard anyway, so don't mind me. :wacko:

I sold off most of my 1/60s. I was gonna sell the rest (3) but for now I'm keeping them. I might pick up a 1/60 Super O.

My 1/55s are all gone(originals and reissues) except the two I'm selling on ebay right now. Like the transformer reissues, these just don't do it for me anymore. Nostalgia be damned :lol:

Love both the 1/48´s and the 1/60´s. I´ll definitely gonna keep my 1/60 collection. Like others said it´s going to be the most complete line. Can´t wait for the Q-Rau. Proportion wise the 1/60´s are the best ones out there IMHO.

Please Yamato, look at my avatar and go on making it, will ya? :D