1:48 FP missile tree recast.

EXO

OK... I mess with my 1:48s a lot and I'm missing some of my missiles, which is a bit distracting to an otherwise beautiful toy.

So in my quest to make sure Rohby doesn't have life I had him recast it for me. Then I thought this would be perfect for the ones I haven't opened so I can keep my FPs as mint as possible. So is anyone else interested? For anyone wondering what the quality is, check out the TV hand recast thread.

Edited by >EXO<

I have a couple of questions:

Will the re-cast weigh more than the originals? I worry about the extra weight in Battroid mode , placing more stress on the backpack, and having the Valkyrie tilt backwards.

Will the re-casts eventually "wear" creating fine dust particles in the missile packs?

Can we get a re-cast set in some kind of plastic such as an epoxy mix? I don't think you can tint that and will require painting.

Depending on the answers, I might be interested.

Hey Neova,

This will be done in the same resin that Rohby has used with the JM backups, sharpener pilots and the TV hand recasts, I believe is the Smooth-Cast 310. As for the weight I think the weight difference will be a mere fraction of an ounce and wouldn't weigh the FP anymore. Though I can't be sure. I have a package scale at work and maybe I can take it there one of these days and compare. I don't see any foreseeable dust paricles coming from the missiles. I guess it all depends on how many times you remove and replace the missiles on your 1/48, and I think it would have to be a ridiculous amount of times before you see such effect. My suggestion would be to wait and see what the other members say about the recasts before ordering it. Hope that answers your questions. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay on this. I finally got to it. Just send a PM to me if you're interested.

Here's a photo of the missles. Keep in mind it's only half of them since there's a set for the left and right Fast packs. In other words, you'll get x2 of what you see below for a full set.

Edited by Rohby

Sorry to go off topic....but has anyone used their micro missles in a diorama?

I'm sure there are other uses besides keeping them stationary (inside the Fast Pack missile compartments). :blink:

Sorry for the delay on this. I finally got to it. Just send a PM to me if you're interested.

Here's a photo of the missles. Keep in mind it's only half of them since there's a set for the left and right Fast packs. In other words, you'll get x2 of what you see below for a full set.

Sorry, forgot the pricing: it'll be 10 bucks for the full set free shipping:

8 single missiles

16 double missiles

101_0110.jpg

post-4-1082010129.jpg

Edited by Rohby