tetsujin 21 (AKA Gigantor)

GobotFool

was thinking, why hasn't the big guy gotten the SOC treatment? Why why why? I mean if eva just got it :blink: Why not the 1st mecha ever? Did I spell and get the number right, I am sorry folks I grew up knowing him as gigantor.

Edited by GobotFool

Are you talking about Tetsujin 28? If so, there were excellent gokin toys of him, but not really SOC. The more current and nicer looking incarnations of the "fatty" T28, are from Marmit and Soft Garage. They rock even though they're not SOC. Here's a picture of the Soft Garage T28...

post-26-1062375772_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beware of Blast

I'd love a SOC version too. Honestly though, the Soft Garage version is really great and fits in with other SOC figures perfectly. They pop up on Ebay from time to time and it's possible to get one for around $40. Look into it! B)

You got lucky! :lol: Even the SG and Medicom blue coloured variants, are getting rare nowadays.

The fact this guy is out in the cold while they make Eva SOC's is disgracful I tell you!!! How can you not make a SOC of the 1st mecha, while you make things whose status as Chogokin are dubious at best :blink::huh:

Well, they are making a new live-action T28 show in Japan now. So, I think Bandai might produce some toys of it although not SOC - I heard from somewhere that Mitsuteru Yokoyama and Go Nagai are not very willing to put their creations under the same toyline.

Here's a picture of the live-action T28...

post-26-1062386380_thumb.jpg

The fact this guy is out in the cold while they make Eva SOC's is disgracful I tell you!!! How can you not make a SOC of the 1st mecha, while you make things whose status as Chogokin are dubious at best  :blink:  :huh:

Well, they are making a new live-action T28 show in Japan now. So, I think Bandai might produce some toys of it although not SOC - I heard from somewhere that Mitsuteru Yokoyama and Go Nagai are not very willing to put their creations under the same toyline.

Here's a picture of the live-action T28...

well lets see a one toy line the soul of Tetsujin line :D

I'd love a SOC version too.  Honestly though, the Soft Garage version is really great and fits in with other SOC figures perfectly.  They pop up on Ebay from time to time and it's possible to get one for around $40.  Look into it! B)

You got lucky! :lol:

Hey, I said it's possible to get one for around $40, not likely. :p:lol:

:p Hey guys, sorry, but I made a mistake earlier - I've always had problem telling Marmit apart from Medicom. Earlier I said Medicom, when I should mean Marmit because Medicom's T28s are made of plastic as action figures. Not die-cast metal toy works of art. So it's Soft Garage and Marmit. Marmit and Medicom are also different companies. That little boo boo is now edited. :p

I also have problem mistaking Al Pacino for Robert De Niro all the time. :(:p

Edited by Beware of Blast

New live action show? Interesting, but I'd still love to see a new Tetsujin 28 anime based in the 'The Night the Earth Stood Still' universe.

Together! Allegiance or death! BIG FIRE!

That'd be cool, especially if they made it a bad guy robot. They made Babel II a villain, so why not?

Babel II is Big Fire, right? I've seen the Babel II anime on store shelves, but haven't picked it up yet. I plan on getting it soon, though. Probably next month when I get three paychecks. Anyways, Tetsujin 28 is the international police force's only other giant robot, according to the translated liner notes from 'The Night the Earth Stood Still'. He'd definitely be on the side of the Experts of Justice.

About Big Fire, they never actually say what his motives (if any) are. It seems that Big Fire is in some sort of hibernation and Shokatsu Komei seems to be the one who's actually running things. Komei is presented as a regent, an advisor, in the old style where such characters often mislead the rulers and ran things behind the scenes to their own motives and schemes.

So who knows? Apparently the guy that put together and directed 'The Night the Earth Stood Still' really wants to make more stories in the same universe, but the original met with a lot of problems. Here's hoping...

Babel II is Big Fire, right? I've seen the Babel II anime on store shelves, but haven't picked it up yet. I plan on getting it soon, though. Probably next month when I get three paychecks. Anyways, Tetsujin 28 is the international police force's only other giant robot, according to the translated liner notes from 'The Night the Earth Stood Still'. He'd definitely be on the side of the Experts of Justice.

About Big Fire, they never actually say what his motives (if any) are. It seems that Big Fire is in some sort of hibernation and Shokatsu Komei seems to be the one who's actually running things. Komei is presented as a regent, an advisor, in the old style where such characters often mislead the rulers and ran things behind the scenes to their own motives and schemes.

So who knows? Apparently the guy that put together and directed 'The Night the Earth Stood Still' really wants to make more stories in the same universe, but the original met with a lot of problems. Here's hoping...

Yeah, Babel II is Big Fire in the Giant Robo anime. In fact, all the characters are from different Yokoyama manga, with their roles recast. I'd avoid the Babel II that's being released in the US. I've seen a few episodes of it and it sucks. I'm holding out for a release of the original TV series getting put out over here. Not likely to happen, but I can always dream.

The GR OVA took what, almost ten years to finish? I doubt we'll see anymore Giant Robo anime, at least like that again. There is a manga out now that's set in the anime universe. I've never personally seen it, so I can't say how good it is (apparently it's about how Daisaku gets Giant Robo).

that live action project looks rather interesting...and it seems that the T28 they are using will be either the grey or the brown variant, judging from the props...i have the brown variant by Marmit, its nearly pure metal, and fits in with the SOCs. i like it, though there are no gimmicks or anything.

gigantor would be my oldest memory of giant super robots, in the era of black and white TV. i remember that the old shows my brother and i watched often (we must've been around 4 and 5 years old then) were gigantor, marine boy, stingray (gerry anderson's), shintaro the samurai (live-action), and this show about a ninja team with army helmets covered in netting and able to burrow under the ground. these are really vague scraps of memory here!

saw the SG T28's too in singapore, but they were selling them in sets of threes (blue, brown, grey) so i couldn't afford them.