CG Queadluun Rau

Rodavan

Needs some help.

The compendium stats says 126 missles , all together ( in the leg and shoulder)

Yet when you look at the 1/60 toy , there isn't 126 .

Have I got it wrong ?

maybe not all are visibile, cud be some behind the others

ROD:

Great work as always. What materials, renderer do you use to get your different effects? What is the app you're using?

Always looks great, I love how yo go between toy and such renders.

:Dat

Thanks Guys !

There will be one more update , I didn't like the " fingers" post it later

:Dat - thanks I use Rhino 3D to model so the non glossy renders comes from rhino I use them as trail renders to see the basic colours , I then use Maxon's Cinema 4D to do the nice shiny and other renders. I use a process called HDRI illumination which give all scene a "life like" feel. I know Maya and Lightwave has something similar.

What enemy should I model next ? or maybe start with a VF-0 - let me know

Knight26 - I am still trying to find out - there seem to be a Movie verion and a TV version .

The main differences I can see is different head , thicker legs ,arm, "neck" , anttena , shoulders and markings. It also seems to look like a "fatboy" look .

If I am wrong let me know!

Great work RODAVAN. Seriously wish I knew how to do models in NURBS or Sub-D so I can get them looking as smooth as yours are. Keep up the great work.

You have a site where you show off some of your other non Macross works?

:Dat

I have not done any other non macross stuff for about 8 years now, the "old stuff" is very boring anyhow - car parts , bottles and plastic parts for injection moulding( no toys). I would love to start again , but I am working in the mining industry @ present , pay very good but no imagination needed !

damn, that is beautiful! all us CG guys should get together and make some animations.

Can't agree more !

I am no good @ animation (Yet!), nor do I think my models are animation "friendly" , but I am a quick learner :p