CG Queadluun Rau

Rodavan

Been trying my hand a kit modeling ,but seeing the great Queadluun for Milla , I decided to try and do a CG model of the Milla Quead.Also at the price CG is cheaper !

Everthing is nice and rounded and with very little info ,it's like building a scratch model , without the styrene and putty and filing and filing ....... :D

I struggled with the feet , still needs something maybe ?

If there is any good refernce pics out there let me know .

Maybe the guys who bought the Quead can take some nice pic left , front and back and close up so we can see the detail.

Thanks

post-5-1079421527_thumb.jpg

WIP update

Thanks Mechmaster , that makes sense !

I finished the basic parts ( a week of lunch hour modeling) . I still need to work on the back booster part and the area right under the chest.

If the proportions look out , let me know, but @least it's starting to look like a Rau.

Still lots to do !

post-5-1079706011_thumb.jpg

Leg and head info

Trying to get detail on legs , I have counter sunk the holes ( See pic)

I take it this is a "exhuast" , in some pics it look as if instead of a counter sunk hole there is "step" ?

I also finished the head , but have no idea about the area around it , should it be empty or is there somethig there ?

If you know let me know !

post-5-1080213029_thumb.jpg

Toy Story NOTHING... that looks like a photo from off a shelf!! O_O!!!

I really should use Rhino for more than polygon modeling... How on earth do you get those complex surfaces so smooth??? I always end up with ridiculous distortions.

I would go even further! I would say this is one of the photo album for the Meltran Q-Rau propaganda!!!

(Put a slogan under your Q-Rau and all meltrans will buy it for sure! :p )

Thanks for kudos guys !

There still lots to do , but I couln't resist posting those two pic. The Q-Rau is a difficult one to model.

Chronocidal - Try and try again , I re-did the chest and shoulder area about 7 times in Rhino before I was happy. I then used Solid Edge to smooth out the last fillets with variable fillets.

Need some opinions !

Can't seem to get the "backpack" right , is it to small ?

Some reference pic show a cut-out at the bottom shown in gold colour here. The new 1/60 doesn't seem to have it , or the pics if have seen doesn't show it .

So does my version look right ?

post-5-1081326741_thumb.jpg

The toy look

Does anybody know if the missiles on the leg is the same size as the missiles on the shoulder ?

Is there any reference on how they look ?

Thanks

missilles should be exactly the same.

Nice toy... Where can I get something like that? ;)