Yay my Q-Rau came

Vostok 7

Normally I wouldn't post a new topic for something like this but I thought I'd run a quick review.

My first impressions: I love it!

Of course, the Millia figure was the first thing released from the plastic tomb so a few words about it... well, there's not much to say. She does have a butt but it's nothing to write home about... Overall, she's got a nice figure ^_^ Not much to see in the helmet and the face sculpt looks a little off to me, but you can see some green hair.. always a nice touch :D

I have the Banpresto Millia statue/figure on the way and I can't wait for Yamato's followup figure.

On to the Q-Rau...

I love it!! It's so awesome! I'm quite suprised by the amount of posability and moveable things... The little head thing even moves! Sure, I think it wasn't quite worth the $120, but heck, it's the first Q-Rau toy of this size ever and I think it's great!

Despite being 100% plastic it doesn't feel cheap to me at all, even compared to the 1/48 (which feels a touch flimsy to me at times). It reminds me of the old Robotech figures of like the Invid and stuff, similar plastic and similar solid construction.

Very impressed overall. There's a few things I worry about... The fingers are a little annoying since they barely stick in position, and a few things like that.

I'm really happy with it. Not disappointed at all. I'm glad I nabbed it when I did. Now just to wait for the CF types if they make them :D

Vostok 7

Yeah, I think Kevin's been pretty busy lately. Mine showed up Saturday, which was a pleasant surprise - I never got the usual shipping notice. I guess learning you're about to be someone's father is reason enough. ;)

Love the toy. I'm in agreement that it costs way too much for what you actually get, but I don't regret it. Like Vostok said, there isn't a whole lot of other choice out there for a Q-Rau, and this could have easily been a QC fiasco.

I think I'll pass on the Max, and probably the purple CF, but I might buy more than one of the green tv-style models if they ever make them.

Now if they'll just put out a few Regults and a Glaug ...

Got mine today as well and have no idea what people have been griping about, this toy is boss! :lol:

Admittedly I can see a few spots others pointed out that could use some improvement like more detail on the feet and inside the cockpit... but that is what they made paint and stickers for and I plan to paint up some parts of this girl to add some more punch to it.

What's this news about Yamato releasing a follow up Miria figure? I don't see why they couldn't have done a better job in the first place. Sure, we like our 1/48 Valkyrie pilots nice, small, and stiff. But this is Miria! The Ace Meltrandi pilot that should have more curves than the Autobahn. :D

The Ace Meltrandi pilot that should have more curves than the Autobahn. :D

I see curves :p

Seems like every guy wants Millia to have 36DD/E's and J-lo's ass.

She was never like that in the movie :p

Really, though, not that I'm complaining :lol:

Vostok 7

I'm wondering, are we getting the same Q-Rau.

How come I feel like got rip off by Yamato.

Perhaps you expected much more from the toy like others did... perhaps you got a bad one (QC issues)... only you know for sure. People have differing levels of expectations and enthusiasm for different toys. For instance: I had huge expectations of the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime and when I got one I was very dissapointed... other people are thrilled like a puppy with two peters with that toy but I am not. Does that mean I got a bad toy? Maybee and maybee not, it is all in your own personal impressions of the thing.

I myself am not a huge fan of the Q-Rau and I bought this mainly to keep my collection "complete"... I had no expectations of what it was going to be, I was not thinking "what do I get for my $120" like a few people seem to be hung up on... thus when I got it in the mail today at work and opened it up I was thrilled. It was neat, it posed pretty well, the detail on most of it is top notch and certain things that bother everyone else (like milia and the lack of metal) don't bother me at all.

Different strokes for different folks.

If you are unhappy with your toy just do like I do and sell the hunk... recoup some of the money spent on it and chalk it up to "I didn't like it so the dollar loss in reselling it was my 'rental' fee".

J-lo's ass, er.....no thanks, I hate butts that require a 'Danger Wide Load' sign. :p

Graham

:lol::lol:

You know, I think this is the first Yamato I wasn't at least somewhat disappointed to get. Every Yamato release I've gotten has had a major disappointment in some area or another... The Q-Rau is spot on... Nothing too disappointing...

(except of course for the Millia figure which I really wanted to be articulated)

Vostok 7

Q-RAU LAUGHS AT YOUR CRITICISMS

:p

I love mine.

post-4-1079414871_thumb.jpg

Got mine from BBTS yesterday. That thing is BIG, really messing up my arrangement of my room.

hmmm... I think I may need some more shelves...

Now, about the toy. Very cool, and best of all, I don't have to but no #$^#%ing decals on! Although an articulate Miriya figure along with a removable helmet would have been nice.

Q-RAU LAUGHS AT YOUR CRITICISMS

:p

I love mine.

WOW!!!

Nice collection there!!!

Thanks, that's only one shelf of my desk too. My collection is tiny though compared to many people here.

Check the "How Many Yamatos do you have" thread to see some of the real toy kings.

PS...I didin't know these were limited...I got number 639...what about you guys?!?!?!?!

Actually, that does not mean it is a limited edition. Miria 639 is her desiginated name in DYRL because the Zentradi were all clones, so I suppose the "639" is a serial number.

PS...I didin't know these were limited...I got number 639...what about you guys?!?!?!?!

Actually, that does not mean it is a limited edition. Miria 639 is her desiginated name in DYRL because the Zentradi were all clones, so I suppose the "639" is a serial number.

thanks...actually...I was trying to be funny...guess there was only crickets after that joke...

thanks ladies and germs, Ill be here all week...new material every night!! WOKA WOKA!

thanks...actually...I was trying to be funny...guess there was only crickets after that joke...

thanks ladies and germs, Ill be here all week...new material every night!! WOKA WOKA!

My mistake. To my defense I posted that early in the morning.

My mistake. To my defense I posted that early in the morning.

no worries friend

i got mine today!

funny, i don't feel quite that ripped off but the Q-Rau does reminds me of the 80's matchbox release and exosquad reissue of the battlepod, officer's and the hovertank. i feel its about the same quality a little prettier and obscure but nonetheless i believe the price for this should have been about $60-$70US just about as much as you would spent on ebay it you wanted to pick up the other zentradi pods or the invid shock trooper

so i guess the real question is this worth the $60 premium at a price of $120 versus $60 for a matchbox zentradi pod

maybe since it is obscure/ unique no ones' ever done before probably, cause if you'd buy a resin garage kit of this you'd probably end up paying triple for it.

its just somehow i don't feel right displaying it inside my $170 ikea glass cabinet with the other yamato's but rather along my matchbox battlepods on my $59 wood cabinet open shelf.

it just doesn't feel jewel-like like the 1/48's & the 1/60 & macross + valks i have

overall, its a good toy just rather expensive.

IMO

I dunno... when I first opened up my q-rau I felt like it cost too much.. actually, I think it should be in the twenty dollar range. There just isn't that much going on... a pretty simple paint job, the interior feels... I dunno, half done and yeah, miria really should have some articulation for this price.

But there is just something so very striking about the design. I can't say I'm thrilled about the price but I'm happy with my purchase. I keep it with my 1/48's and other toys I care about, rather than with my "other" toys. heh.

OK , This is my only grip with this toy :

Can it really do original poses ? and I mean decent poses , not the ones posted by other members where all you could see is the Q-rau moving its arms sideways or its legs bending its feet <_<

I want to see if this toy can take a GU-11 and poin it sideways while kneeling down. Or seeing it standing on its hands etc...you get the idea , if you ever saw the 1/48 funny poses thread you know how many poses you can get with the 1/48 and I wanna know if this toy is really that posable or is just a stiff piece of plastic.

With all the Rau's bashing in other threads, I'm happy to say I a happy owner of 2 of them. If Yamato does not come out w/ the green version...it's time to customize. :)

Personally, I think the toy is awesome...even if it lacks poseability. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

to177

got mine too and i'm quite happy with it...well it sure beats the one i didn't exist. :p

my gripes...

the flat white paint they used with no protective coating. i can see this scratching off real easy and you know its gonna be a pain in the ass to match the color....we all know white, isn't actually white. :rolleyes:

i had a problem with the ball joints on the feet but after thinking about it for a while, theres no other way to make it so the feet are poseable and i know if they made a fixed foot design, we'd all be bitchin and moaning. ;)

other than that, i'm quite happy with my purchase and i plan to get another when the price comes down. IMO, i think its probably the most collectable of all the macross releases by yamato so far.

on a side note regarding poses, i got mine to do this!

post-4-1080022761.jpg

OK , This is my only grip with this toy :

Can it really do original poses ? and I mean decent poses , not the ones posted by other members where all you could see is the Q-rau moving its arms sideways or its legs bending its feet <_<

I want to see if this toy can take a GU-11 and poin it sideways while kneeling down. Or seeing it standing on its hands etc...you get the idea , if you ever saw the 1/48 funny poses thread you know how many poses you can get with the 1/48 and I wanna know if this toy is really that posable or is just a stiff piece of plastic.

That's practically all the poses you can get with em. It can't crouch or stuff.

yamato stayed true to the original design and didn't alter it based on "it'll be so much cooler if". instead they stuck with the original line art which IMO was smarter than making their "own version" of it.

its not fair to compare the q-rau to a valk. simply cause the valk was designed and drawn with poseable features as the q-rau was mostly seem in fixed positions. it was also far easier to create "swivel joints" for poseability for a valk without having to alter the original design....too much. :D

besides, could you imagine all the bitchin if they made the q-rau different from whats it was suppose to look like? i can only imagine dozen upon dozen of threads devoted to bashing this toy if it didn't look exactly like it was suppose to. :rolleyes:

the legs are too thin.

the feet are too small.

the arms are suppose to be curved,

the knees shouldn't bend like that,

its not suppose to have knees,

whats up with those elbows,

WTF is up with that BS?

and everything else you could imagine people here would complain about. :rolleyes:

no matter what yamato makes, theres always something to bitch about. ;)

Yamato Queadluun-rau toy rocks on! :D

I have been waiting since 1986 for this toy to happen.

Everybody should buy one, then Yamato will have to make a green TV version just keep the macross toy fanatics at bay.

Minor complaint:

Canadapost customs sucks major donkey parts. $27.10 Can in customs fees

Keep going Yamato!

Now, I'd like to see the mac 2 monster, vb6 monster and all the destroids and more zentraedi stuff. More! More!

Hose me down!

Edited by boinger