Evangelion:renewal

zephyr

Does anyone have any more detales about the Neon Genesis Evangelion renewal project. because all ive heard is about that dvd box set Link . some say there is planning on a sequill others say noy in a million years will we se a sequill to evangelion. gainax said its not a sequill its a renewall, but its been 10 years scence this all started and i can say i want a sequill.

Does anyone have any more detales about the Neon Genesis Evangelion renewal project. because all ive heard is about that dvd box set Link . some say there is planning on a sequill others say noy in a million years will we se a sequill to evangelion. gainax said its not a sequill its a renewall, but its been 10 years scence this all started and i can say i want a sequill.

I hope your very, very patient, or have a really big imagination. Don't expect anything new any time soon, if ever. :(

from what i could tell, in EITHER version of the ending (end of evangelion or the tv serise ending) the world seemed to pretty much come to an end. not much material for a sequil.

though i could be totallly wrong about the endings since they were both pretty confusing.

I posted a link to an E-Bay auction in the old Macrossworld Forums, the Renewal DVD Boxset (which was very beautfiul) was for about $400. :ph34r: I gotta agree with the rest of you guys, it's JUST a remastered version with 5.1 sound and an all new intro (I'm not sure if it's going to feature Zakoku No Thesis). B)

Even the pics of the remastered stuff don't inspire me to buy the renewed version. I mean, NGE is a pretty recent anime series, so the quality of the animation was good to begin with.

I mean, it's not like we're talking 20 year old beat up Macross footage here. Evangelion was released in 1995 after all!.

yes, my first thought about the renewall was it as to erly for one. GIANAX is relesing the renewal as if to give fans of the series some thing so they will shut up abut sequils. but ive pretty much given up hope for a sequil even though i still want one.

yes, my first thought about the renewall was it as to erly for one. GIANAX is relesing the renewal as if to give fans of the series some thing so they will shut up abut sequils. but ive pretty much given up hope for a sequil even though i still want one.

EDIT:sorry doubble post

Edited by zephyr

As far as a new series is concerned most I ever heard were rumors going around at one time about an alternate universe kind of thing taking place in that alternate reality Shinji saw in the series. The one where it looks like Asuska is Shinji's adopted sister or something like that, he lives with both his parents, Gendo is still Fyutski (sp?) student, Misato is Shinji and Asuska's teacher and Rei is aa transfer student to their class.

eva fans get a renewall and a live action movie. but still no sequill. its enough for me but eventually GIANAX is going to have to make a sequill. and no alternate universe crap. i did find this (see pic below) but its fan art, damn good fan art!

post-26-1062368789_thumb.jpg

eva fans get a renewall and a live action movie. but still no sequill. its enough for me but eventually GIANAX is going to have to make a sequill. and no alternate universe crap. i did find this (see pic below) but its fan art, damn good fan art!

I don't understand where you are coming from. GAINAX doesn't have to do anything, its Annos decision on Eva. He said it before he wasn't going to work on a sequel to Eva. And besides.... like every other anime show (successful or not) Eva has been forgotten in Japan (or mostly), and unless we see a shift in Anime markets in the near futere (not likely) Japanese fans rule anime decisions. And besides.... with the third impact over, the Evas and Angels gone.... how would you come up with a sequel? Unless we are talking about AU crap... its just not doable, like with Cowboy Bebop and many other series.

I don't understand where you are coming from. GAINAX doesn't have to do anything, its Annos decision on Eva. He said it before he wasn't going to work on a sequel to Eva. And besides.... like every other anime show (successful or not) Eva has been forgotten in Japan (or mostly), and unless we see a shift in Anime markets in the near futere (not likely) Japanese fans rule anime decisions. And besides.... with the third impact over, the Evas and Angels gone.... how would you come up with a sequel? Unless we are talking about AU crap... its just not doable, like with Cowboy Bebop and many other series.

after i think about it, if Anno released a sequill it would probly suck. you were right when you said evas,angels, gone everyone got on with there lives. maybe Anno released the renwal because there was just now way for a good sequill. so after the renewall project and the live action film eva will be forgotten. unless you like eva_R if your into that sort of thing(i am).

after i think about it, if Anno released a sequill it would probly suck. you were right when you said evas,angels, gone everyone got on with there lives. maybe Anno released the renwal because there was just now way for a good sequill. so after the renewall project and the live action film eva will be forgotten. unless you like eva_R if your into that sort of thing(i am).

Well... he could always milk the cow and turn Evangelion into Love Hina of sorts. :lol:

i think its good that they are remastering the sound on evangelion.

i watched the entire serise through in about a week and a half, and my biggest complaint was the horrible sound editing.

(i had to watch it in english so that i ddin't have to be glued to the screen for ever second)

when ever rae and asuka (sp is bad sorry) would talk to each other i simply could not hear rae. she would wisper while asuka would scream and it was just a mess. some parts of the show i had to max out my volume, while other parts i had to turn it almost all the way down. it was really frustraiting.

a re-release with a better job on the audio track is definately ok by me.

It was kind of funny when this pic came out a few years ago. I think it was for April Fools. Any case it spread real quick on the net.

Renewal as far as I know is a 5.1 Audio remaster, and they updated some of the animation including the backgrounds and stuff they didn't have the budget to do better at first. I think they dealt with the screen jitter as well. I have not seen the Renewal box, so this is just based off of what I've read. Odds of it coming here are slim unfortunately, but surprises have occurred. Apparently ADV has the rights to the Director's cut episodes 21-24, but that's about all you can expect from that front any time soon.

The live action movie is still in pre-production, so I wouldn't expect to see it for a few more years. It has high potential, but if they don't do it just right, the effort will fail, so I will wait and see what happens there.

For story expansion and something new now you have to read the Eva manga, if you have not already. I love how they flesh out the characters even more in there. Some of the conversations they have, especially between Shinji and Kaji, play out very well. Very well done manga. A nice compliment and kind-of-retelling to one of my favorite series.

By the way, does anyone have any pics of what the renewal box set packaging look like? I'm kind of curious to see it.

(tries to leave the EVA thread alone) 400 dollers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lord man thats like 550 $ canadian :o Man thats expensive.

And about the sequel why would you want one and WTF would it be about. I mean TV ending all angels are dead shinjis discovers he has purpose in life besides killing angels. Movie ending him and asuka and left on earth to chill. What else would you need shinji's daily after the 3rd impact of wondering the earth eating roots. ;)

As far as a new series is concerned most I ever heard were rumors going around at one time about an alternate universe kind of thing taking place in that alternate reality Shinji saw in the series. The one where it looks like Asuska is Shinji's adopted sister or something like that, he lives with both his parents, Gendo is still Fyutski (sp?) student, Misato is Shinji and Asuska's teacher and Rei is aa transfer student to their class.

In that dream Asuska is his life long friend, not sister.

i think the only reason i wanted a sequill was because i wasnt all the the way clear on the endof evangelion.

the tv series ending was esy to understand but the movie gave me a headache. didi the world end?, did everyone come back to life?, what the hell was rei?, these qustions make me go hmmm.

OH jeez let's not try to go into an explanation of the ending. It'll give me headaches. All I heard was I had to watch the movie before watching episodes 22-24. For the question of what Rei is, I could give you my brother's realistic explanation "She's a living blow up doll for Gendo who misses his wife."

And about the sequel why would you want one and WTF would it be about. I mean TV ending all angels are dead shinjis discovers he has purpose in life besides killing angels. Movie ending him and asuka and left on earth to chill. What else would you need shinji's daily after the 3rd impact of wondering the earth eating roots. ;)

Ditto- gainax really cut the series off by finalizing the human instrumentality. The sequel could be like giligans island where asuka and shinji are stuck on an island in the middle of the vast LCL :lol: or how about a gig where shinji and asuka recreate human kind :p:p:D nudge, nudge, wink, wink, bouncy, bouncy.

Edited by Daishi3500

I heard that was the setup for the sequal to the game "Iron Maiden/Girlfriend of Steel", the PSX Eva dating sim, not a new series

Geez, seeing all these people demanding a sequel for Eva reminds me of all those people who wanted a direct sequel to Final Fantasy VII.

Both have the epitome of the 'definative ending'. There is nothing more! Show's over folks! Go home!

I'm interested in the revival, I don't have a copy of the series, so if I went out to buy one I certainly wouldn't mind a remastered copy with touched up animation.

$400? Sounds unreasonable. Even if it did include the movies.

If you handled it you would know $400 isn't unresonable. I own one and I can safely say I would love to have all my favorite shows in a package like that even if I had to pay $400 for it.

We are talking about the epitome of quality. The video and sound quality are enough to put the R1 Eva DVD to shame. <_<

Well, $400 is certainly going to keep it in the hands of only the most elite fans. I love the series and would love to see the remastering, but I can't think of ANY DVD set that I would pay $400 for, no matter how cool the content and packaging is.

Even the pics of the remastered stuff don't inspire me to buy the renewed version. I mean, NGE is a pretty recent anime series, so the quality of the animation was good to begin with.

i disagree. the remaster corrects alot of the jitter, sharpness, and color balance. putting the 2 side by side and right away any eva-nut will want the remaster.

plus the box is hellacool :)

only for r2 though..pity.

Four things; I apologize first off for the lack of an avatar and the change in the spelling of my name. Secondly I explained a couple of months ago that "Renewal" is a Dolby 5.1 remastered, jitter-free director's cut of the series with several extras INCLUDING footage from a live action project that was in the works a few years ago in Japan. DTS support would be nice, but I'll settle for 5.1EX. Number three is for all of you who were confused of what was happening with the ending, blow the dust off your DVD's and watch them WITH the commentary feature ON. After that you will come to know the truth in my fourth realization......

THEY DON'T CALL IT "THE END OF EVANGELION" FOR NOTHING

A little comment on the "renewal" box, Evangelion was a good series, but the production was terrible.

The visuals NEEDED to be remastered, they look 100% better, it's a shame they didn't do this sooner.

I wonder if the screen still "shakes"?