.hack//sign PS2 Game

I'm currently playing .hack//Outbreak (part 3 of the games) and I'm really enjoying it. Since you haven't seen the series, no need to worry since you can still follow along with things if you start on the first game Infection which should be around $20 now. Each game should take around 20 or so hours. Depending on how much time you take to mess around and level up. You can still place once each game is over, you know when you are asked to make a special save of the file. All in all I think the games are pretty good. The gameplay doesn't change nor do the graphics. In part 2 Mutation you get more weapons, able to go to a higher level, and a new area to explore. The same goes for part 2 Outbreak and part 4 Quaratine which is currently out now. At the end of each game you can create a special save that allows you to import your file(characters, etc) over to the next game. Things do move slow in part 2 but pick up again in part 3. Things do get harder with each game, much harder so the file transfer is a great thing. Plus each game comes with an anime OVA episode that expands the story even more. That along with the ingame events, news events you get on the ingame desktop and messageboard move the story along.

Watching the first series is a plus since you'll run into some of the characters and locations in the game, plus you get more of the story on what happen before the game. There is another series after the games end as well which continues the story. That should be out sometime at the end of this year or beginning of next year I think. At the end of that there is another OVA episode in which the game characters, Sign characters, and 2nd series character appear together. Still haven't seen that or the 2nd series myself. Haven't gotten around to downloading it yet. Want to finish up the games first. Just need to find more time to finish part 3 so I can pick up part 4.

I say pick up the games if you enjoy RPGS and want a bit more control and interactiong with your characters since you control how many times he swings, moves around in the field(battles are realtime but you can pause to decide what you want to do and looking through menus). You can have a nice selection of characters to group with and they also email you so the interaction there is pretty nice. You can also switch between the english track(well done as is the dub for the anime series and OVA that comes with the games) and the japanese track.

I've only had the chance to play through the first two chapters, but I can honestly say that it is the storyline that keeps this from being a mediocre game. Gameplay is pretty straightforward, and the graphics are decent (not groundbreaking), so it is definately the story that makes these stand out.

Thanks guys. I think i will give this game a try...

Anyway, what you guys think of Xenosaga?

Beautiful. The story gets rather convoluted as it progresses... and its quite infamous for LONG dialogue and cinematic sequences, but much better than, say, MGS: SOL's presentation of dialogue....

Comes highly recommended from everybody I know, and often ranked before .hack. I heard Xenogears is even better, but having made the mistake of not picking up the game when it was available, Xenosaga would be the next best thing I guess.

One thing that most Xenosaga players miss: Try to spot ALL the tributes they pay to almost all myths, ufo/alien theories, sci-fi, etc.. there are quite a lot.

Xenosaga 2 is due out soon isn't it?

Thanks guys. I think i will give this game a try...

Anyway, what you guys think of Xenosaga?

Beautiful. The story gets rather convoluted as it progresses... and its quite infamous for LONG dialogue and cinematic sequences, but much better than, say, MGS: SOL's presentation of dialogue....

Comes highly recommended from everybody I know, and often ranked before .hack. I heard Xenogears is even better, but having made the mistake of not picking up the game when it was available, Xenosaga would be the next best thing I guess.

One thing that most Xenosaga players miss: Try to spot ALL the tributes they pay to almost all myths, ufo/alien theories, sci-fi, etc.. there are quite a lot.

Xenosaga 2 is due out soon isn't it?

I am playing this rite now.......it has the Evangelion feel.. :p

Speaking of which, isn't there a EVA game that came out recently? How is it?

I would highly recomend both of those RPG series to you.

I am into part three of HAck and it is great. Like Skull LEader says it's the storyline more than the actual gameplay that keeps it fresh. The actual gameplay gets stagnant real quick and is often very repetitive with open field, dungeon, boss, open field, dungeon, boss, etc.... But the stroy line makes it worth continuing. That and the weapons trading aspect, which I just love personally.

Xenosaga is absolutely UBER FANTASTIC. I was sceptical that they could do anything quite as good as Xenogears but I was wrong. Unbelieveably cool story line. Great character development and one of the coolest wacked out villans ever. Hopefully they will be releasing another in the series real soon (anyone know when?)

Edit: Did some searching, Episode two for Xenosaga isn't due out in the US till February of 2005

:angry::angry::angry:

Edited by joke-machine

Hmm Xenosaga. Looked great, battles were decent, but boring as hell. Its just basicly a interactive movie. I ended up eating lunch during one of the cutscenes due to them being so long. Sorry but if I pay around $40 for a game I like to play it, not watch it. Also it was far to linear for my taste. True Xenogears and nearly all RPGs are but you never had a choice in where you wanted to go in the Saga, also there was almost no way of repairing the mechs if damaged in battle, unlike in Gears where one could have them repaired or use items installed on them(which I found none in Saga for some reason). I found that the main character really annoyed and pissed me off. Iggy and Momo were nice though and I enjoyed things when I started playing as them. Strange, I like SciFi games as much as the next person but things seemed to be over done here though a bit. At least that's how I felt. I really wouldn't recommend the game. I was warned before hand about it but though things were just taken to far by people. Boy was I wrong and I should have listened.