Transformers Collection

Grexx

I'm thinking of collecting the reissues.

Which is better Takara or Hasboro?

Go with the Takara. Hasbro has a tendency to suck all the diecast outta there releases like a stinkin vampire, and alot of the little extras get left out as well due to more strict child safety laws. <_< :blink:

Takara. They're roughly the same price plus they have chrome and the missiles aren't neutered.

The only reason to get Hasbro are the only one Takara hasn't released into the non exclusive market (Bluestreak, Hoist, Red Alert, etc.) if you're price conscience.

Stick to Takara. B)

Price isn't an issue because Takara's and Hasbro's are priced at the same value.

However, Hasbro has to make alterations to the reissues because they make alterations to pass today's toy standards and to also appeal to the youngsters as well.

As the others have said, missiles are altered to be longer, some spring-loaded features are removed, loss of chrome (of fear of chipping and kids may lick them), sharp/breakable edges are dulled and they have no extra accessories that are only found on Takara's reissues. :angry:

Not one Hasbro reissue I have ever satisfied me. The only one that never went any alteration is Hot Rod/Rodimus Major, which was constructed for the American toy market in mind.

takara all the way!!!! Man, I hate what hasbro did with their reissues. It's exactly what Captain of the SDF-1 Macross said. It shouldn't be called a reissue then if they are going to modify it the way they did. No chrome weapons? No short missles? Man that sucks!!! the only accurate toy that is considered a reissue would be red alert. His is exactly the same as the original. But that's what I think only judging by looking at it in the box. I would buy the takara ones and keep them in their nice boxes and buy the hasbro ones to open up and play with them or display them. :p:D:lol:

Takara has released all of the Hasbro ones within the past 3 years in one form or another.

The only improvement Hasbro has done was with (Autobot) Jazz. They gave him tabs on his legs to make his roof more flush with the back windows. That is the only reissue from Hasbro I'd recommend besides Bluestreak which looks closer to his original 1984 version if you care about that.

Finally, only the original Hasbro reissues have nostolgia packaging.

Well, Transformers Collection don't come in original packaging. They're book style, sort of like the Japanese "Volume" collection, which aren't really any better. I wish all the Japanese issues still came in the original style Japanese boxes, but I guess they already did that and that's done with. I just ordered a Hot Rod TRU reissue, hopefully it is the same as the original which I never owned. I'm not sure if that had any die-cast content at all. I thought all the TRU Transformers Collection had all original die-cast metal content as well as everything else like missiles, guns, etc. If that isn't correct, I probably should just rush out on ebay and buy the two in Volumes Japanese that I'm waiting for TRU to release. It costs roughly the same anyways. :)

I'd have to also go with the exclusives that Takara offers it's import customers, on the other hand you get more nostalgia value with the Hasbro ones (b/c of packaging). :ph34r:

That's my thinking. I get the Takara releases to open and enjoy their accuracy to the originals. And I buy the Hasbro releases for the retro art of the boxes, to keep sealed.