Amazing Cockpit!

robokochan

Hello All,

I am not sure if this is in the right place. Mods feel free to move it if I did place it in the wrong forum. It's not talked about much but a few years ago my partner's brother died suddenly. They didn't know the cause, and it is still a mystery. In any case from what I could tell he was just about the biggest collector of Macross, Gundam and some I don't even know the names of. His collection which I was able to see only a few months ago was simply amazing. (It's a Japanes custom to seal off a room when someone dies for 7 years..very old custom). Anyway the room was blessed and opened. What I saw simply amazed me. He had tons of completed models that would take your breath away. they lloked almost real. Unfortunately most of them were ruined due to the fact that they had been there unprotected for so many years. What I did get to see is just about the best cock-pit painting job I have ever seen. He didn't believe in using air-brushes or fancy tools. It was completely hand done. Anyway I wanted to share this amazing paint job here, to honor him and to give insiration to model builders all over the world.

The model is of a Northrop F-5 E Tiger II 1/32 Scale. The only thing completed on this was the cockpit.

Hi ya Rob,

Its a pity for someone with such talent and skills to die so young. His work is truly amazing considering none of the panels were done using decals or airbrush but by hand. A great pity too that we couldnt see more of his works especially Macross or Gundam, im sure they were stunning too.

We should enjoy and do what we are like while we are still around cos we never know one day we might be gone from this world. May God bless him.

Cheers

Wow, Monkey Nugs, hats off to this guy, R-E-S-P-E-C-T is due, he was truely talented,

thanks for keeping his vision alive, lets all try to remember how fragile life is ,

Any time, Any place.

on a happier note>>>> i bet when he passed he had visions of zooming around in his favorite piece, vwooosh...... im outa here>>>>>>>>>>>>when i go I wil have hikaru right beside me, see, i will be in a low viz skulll>>>

lol maybe a SD-vf-1s, hey how'd i get into this one???

Damn that looks nice. He truly was a talented person. Best wishes.

Edited by Alpha Omega

That is amazing talent. You must treasure those models

no kidding... if you have more pictures, Rob, I'm sure other people just like me would love to see them. It's a real shame, but I'm glad there is joy in something lost too soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Hello All,

Thanks for all the kind comments. I just showed this Thread to my partner (Translated it for him too), and he was really touched. And he then surprized me....he said if I wanted to I could list it. :o This really really surprized me! He wants me to sell it. He told me it would be no greater honor than to offer this to someone. (But he won't let me keep it :( ) So the whole kit is going on eBay tonight.

Just to clear up what some of you may think, I had no intention of ever selling this. This is solely Syoji's request. (I think it may bring him pain to look at it :unsure: )

Most Japanese don't show very much emotion, but it was clear that he was deeply touched by your comments. And I did do this thread to honor a great modeller. As I get the chance I will clean up and post pics of some of his Macross models that he did.

Thanks again.

Rob

that is some detail :o . He won't let you keep it??? Need someone to snipe the bid for you? LOL

Looking at that level of detail got me thinking...

I've seen people write names on a grain of rice for next to nothing, I bet somebody could make some mad money selling Hand detailed canopies and other tid bits if they had access to the right cheap labor ;)

holy craps, I dont' even think WM Cheng has got what it takes to top that...I'm not knocking William, I think he's MW's top modeler but dayam, to hand paint everything and make it look amazing...THAT's skill.

I think if Will can pick up the kit and finish it up...it would truly be one awesome piece of work.

Wow... truely impressive...

So you said most of the models were ruined? In what way? Is there any chance that most of them could be restored, cleaned or something to get them back to display quality? It would really be a shame for all that hard work and amazing talent to not be displayed...

More pics of some of his work is much anticipated... Thank you for sharing this, and best wishes to you and to your partner and his family...