WASHING

Lucifer

Im no expert, but ive been told to apply a clear coat, then use thinned oils applyed to the lines and let it 'seep' through, dry in the lines, then clean up the areas where you placed the paint on using thinners.

or u can try markers, but washes look nicer, much nicer ^_^

There are better experts on the matter round here, but thats a start. :)

He's right. Apply a gloss undercoat, this out some black oil paint and go at it. Then take a cotton swap with some thinner and wipe off the excess paint.

For simple panel lines... I recommend using a fine point mechanical pencil. You never have to sharpen it and you can get really amazing effect with little effort and no chance of error [unless you are prone to stabbing yourself with pencils that is :lol: ] I've been meaning to take pics.

I still do the slow painful meathod of prime, base coat, upper coat, wash, detail coat, wash, touch up, wash, touch up, wash, touch up, wash... LOL. I highly recomend getting a cheap 7" destroid, naming him bob, and experimenting on him over and over.

Usually you can good depth using an appropriate colored ink in repeated washes. Make sure you wash all "modes" if what ever you are painting transforms else it will look odd.

Here is a pic of a destroid that has been primed and drybrushed a few times. In this picture I had only given the lower half a brown ink wash to give it that "stomping through swamplands" kinda grimey look. I later inked the whole thing but this picture illustrates the difference.