Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

I don't think I can successfully cosplay anybody from Macross.

The only guy I can coplay is Captain Bright from Mobile Suit Gundam. He looks just like me, so all I'd need is a uniform and hey presto there I am...

Macross would be tough going. I dunno... Maybe I could do Breetai. Actually...yeah -Brettai would pretty much require only a uniform and a mask.

I'm not into whigs.

I could STRETCH Bassara...but I'd really need a lot of hair spray....and I'd have to grow my hair out a bit more than usual...

Pete

I'd have to go with a wig for just about anyone who isn't bald... my hair is pretty much gone at age 25. College worked it out of me. :huh:

The one advantage it does give is that I have no qualms about cutting my hair incredibly short, and could use a wig with no complications.

That, or I could do a pretty simple captain Picard costume. :lol:

I think it would be fun if people tried to cosplay the civilian clothes worn by Misa and Hikaru, just like we often see cosplay of civilian clothes (my euphemism for sexy lingerie) of Ranka and Sheryl...

But seriously - I have nothing against the uniforms; but I would love to see Misa cosplayed as she was when she went to see Shao Pai Lon. Minmey had a number of cute outfits.

And Max in his "I'm going on a date to the park - which tie should I wear Chewy?" suit would be great :)

Pete

The problem with street cloaths is that too often people mistake them just for that - street cloths. And since cosplay is partially about drawing attention, you tend to get dissatisfied from being ignored. A gathering maybe. I've done a lot of plain cloths cosplay. it works best in groups. I even wore a Tenma costume from Monster in front of his seiyuu, and I doubt he got it. It's a shame too as there's plenty of shows I'd like to do.

VenomMacbeth, if you're talking about TV UN Spacey jackets, drop me a line. I've spent so much time on Max, it's practically a science now. Just know that the collar WILL kick your @$$. The TV series *(Love Drifts Away is a good reference for it's A animation) and Perfect Memory are your best friends too.

Yeah... but I guess for me, if I cosplayed, it would be with friends, and it would be fun to just go out and do regular stuff while cosplaying :)

Like going to a kung fu movie.

If...there were kung fu movies in the cinemas in Poland...

which there usually aren't...

um...

yeah :(

Pete

Personally, I'm amazed that despite the large number of Frontier cosplayers at Fanime, I've never seen any Frontier photo shoots in San Francisco. It's on my to do list, even if it's just me. I've worn the jacket there at least.

We have begun getting the photos and videos from last Saturday.

Here's one with a little additional flare (the SDF-1 image has been added, but the singer is VERY real):

lynnmimei.jpg

I will upload more photos as they come. Thanks.

Lobo.

updating more pic from the macross live tribute concert here in chile

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...mp;#entry809369

Shoot, $70 for a professional costume? If I looked anything like Grace (and were a girl), I'd probably pick one up myself. :lol: What's really weird about that is that I have a sister named Grace... and even though she has no interest in anime, she might like that outfit for the style alone. She could pull it off too. Even has the glasses. :blink:

As for the price... while it might be a simple outfit to make yourself, it'd probably cost that much or more to do it at home.

Yeah but she'd need a blue-purple wig, too. And a "hacking into Frontier's computer network" necklace. Still, I was surprised at the price too---seemed cheap compared to most other costumes. Grace's costume is neat in that someone probably could wear it to an office, and not really attract any attention (unless a Frontier fan worked there).

• 2 weeks later...

What's interesting about the Grace costume on ebay, is that it's very functional, and represents fashion of today. A girl could wear that to work, and nobody, not even a Macross F fan would probably realize what the girl is wearing. Also, I'm not totally sure about this, but that maybe the going price for outfits like that. I'd like to see more Grace cosplay too. She's one of the more sultry women of the series, but probbably isn't so popular due to the fact that here costume isn't so over the top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a heads up, but AOD this last weekend was a near blitzkrieg of Frontier cosplay. I saw almost as much Sheryls and Rankas as I did at Fanime's gathering. Even saw a more recent art take on Minmay. I got a few on my phone that I'll probably dump latter.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Just a heads up, but AOD this last weekend was a near blitzkrieg of Frontier cosplay. I saw almost as much Sheryls and Rankas as I did at Fanime's gathering. Even saw a more recent art take on Minmay. I got a few on my phone that I'll probably dump latter.

Lots of Sheryls is a good thing, post some pics!! B))