Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

I think I like them better when it is all Asian chicks. The Frontier character designs for the most part lack testosterone. Unless you got a pretty boy with an eating disorder, a dude just looks wrong as Froniter character.

yyaaaayyy, they do look better as asian chics, cept ozma, weve had 2? 3? males who pulled it off pretty well. id gladly salute them. and teal a hot sheryl or ranka. it makes no difference, Im not picky.

I think I like them better when it is all Asian chicks. The Frontier character designs for the most part lack testosterone. Unless you got a pretty boy with an eating disorder, a dude just looks wrong as Froniter character.

So, is this an admission that you do like the character designs?

IMO, the following woud look better if the cosplayer is male:

• Captain Wilder- he looks like a dirty old man, a la Global.
  • President Howard Glass - see above...but a notch less dirty looking
  • Canaria - she just seems a bit masculine to me
  • Bobby - well, his whole persona is a drag queen, right? Definitely would work better if cosplayer is male. The irony.

Hi!

Recently we attended the 2008 MW Convention in Long Beach, CA.

My daughter and son named Miriya and Max (yes, we really did name them that :p ) cosplayed as Ranka Lee and Michael Blanc.

They are ages 7 and 6 respectively... they had a blast debuting their characters!

We did not plan to cosplay, but the Frontier characters are so lovable, and the kids wanted to so bad...so with 3 days before the con, I gave it a shot and put something together really quick. Miriya's Ranka costume was fairly easy. I already had the green wig from when I cosplayed as Miriya (in her Meltrandi purple suit) for AX a few years back. I just cut it up best I could (I do NOT cut hair well! haha!). And I just added turquoise triangle patterns with fabric paint and red rhinestones to Miriya's yellow dress. Scarf and boots to finish it off and I was done in 2 days of prep.

Max's Michael Blanc cosplay was even easier. It's basically his school uniform he already wears (I know it's not the same lighter blue, but we were thinking cost-effectiveness and time by using existing clothes). Then my husband just freehanded some acrylic paint to create the school emblem on the pocket and the blue shoulder stripes. The tie I decorated with a gold/yellow ribbon to make the X. Ironically... just like the Max Jenius he was named after, my boy Max wears glasses (blue trimmed) and so does the new ace pilot, Michael from Frontier. He loves it!

post-9290-1216708300_thumb.jpg post-9290-1216708319_thumb.jpg

post-9290-1216708332_thumb.jpg post-9290-1216708343_thumb.jpg

post-9290-1216708412_thumb.jpg post-9290-1216708529_thumb.jpg

post-9290-1216708573_thumb.jpg

More pics available from my MW Con Flickr album :

Valkyrie22 & RazorX's MW Con 2008 PhotoAlbum

Oh and I forgot to add, the two of them won the contest for best Cosplay at the MW Con....but then again, they were the only ones that dressed :lol:

Edited by Valkyrie22

Hi!

My daughter and son named Miriya and Max (yes, we really did name them that :p ) cosplayed as Ranka Lee and Michael Blanc.

They are ages 7 and 6 respectively... they had a blast debuting their characters!

We did not plan to cosplay, but the Frontier characters are so lovable, and the kids wanted to so bad...

They are adorable and you are truly blessed. I just hope that my kids (daughter 5 1/2 and son 2 1/2) grow up to be fond of Macross as yours. Any tips?

They are adorable and you are truly blessed. I just hope that my kids (daughter 5 1/2 and son 2 1/2) grow up to be fond of Macross as yours. Any tips?

Props for naming your kids after miyra and max but try living with a bad tattoo of the flight school insignia from mac f and having your coworkers flame you for it everday, I got a quote for $200-$300 just to fix it

Hi!

We did not plan to cosplay, but the Frontier characters are so lovable, and the kids wanted to so bad...so with 3 days before the con, I gave it a shot and put something together really quick. Miriya's Ranka costume was fairly easy. I already had the green wig from when I cosplayed as Miriya (in her Meltrandi purple suit) for AX a few years back. I just cut it up best I could (I do NOT cut hair well! haha!). And I just added turquoise triangle patterns with fabric paint and red rhinestones to Miriya's yellow dress. Scarf and boots to finish it off and I was done in 2 days of prep.

Max's Michael Blanc cosplay was even easier. It's basically his school uniform he already wears (I know it's not the same lighter blue, but we were thinking cost-effectiveness and time by using existing clothes). Then my husband just freehanded some acrylic paint to create the school emblem on the pocket and the blue shoulder stripes. The tie I decorated with a gold/yellow ribbon to make the X. Ironically... just like the Max Jenius he was named after, my boy Max wears glasses (blue trimmed) and so does the new ace pilot, Michael from Frontier. He loves it!

post-9290-1216708300_thumb.jpg post-9290-1216708319_thumb.jpg

post-9290-1216708332_thumb.jpg post-9290-1216708343_thumb.jpg

post-9290-1216708412_thumb.jpg post-9290-1216708529_thumb.jpg

post-9290-1216708573_thumb.jpg

More pics available from my MW Con Flickr album :

Valkyrie22 & RazorX's MW Con 2008 PhotoAlbum

Oh and I forgot to add, the two of them won the contest for best Cosplay at the MW Con....but then again, they were the only ones that dressed :lol:

YOU TERRIBLE MAN, FORCING YOUR KIDS TO HAVE THOSE NAMES AND TO DRESS UP LIKE THAT!!! HOW DARE YOU!!! :lol

Just kidding. As long as they had fun, that's what matters. :D Very cute and awesome idea!!! :)

Those 2 are ADORABLE and seemed to be having almost as much fun as I was having! I'm glad that I got a video of Miria (possible SP error please let me know big guy) singing.....she was AWESOME!!! Next year I will dress up too.

:ph34r: