Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

I knew these character designs were too girly. Only girls can cosplay the male characters.

Not entirely true, we did see a Ozma that IS a guy.

Though i gotta say, I do like the faux leather looking SMS Jacket.

Good costumes but i my opinion is rock solid : if someone draws a caucasian male then when a japanese one dresses up like him is... funny. That stays for asian girls, too... :)

So, japanese Sheryls are ehm..NC for me :)

Still Nanase rulez! :) (Until i can find a better Klan :) )

wow. I'm really interested in the earrings that were posted here. I'd like to know if they're heavy or wearable :). (And if you can make a light pair as I think I'd like to buy some if you're going to be at AX XD )

Honestly that Alto looks like ****, the face is just not fitting to the wig and the face is just ugh its too plain, clean, and I don't know. He (She?) just doesn't look right.

Edit: Damn forum censoring. <_<

Edited by Ishimaru

look at Ranka and Alto closely. tell me what you see !!!

They both have breast? :p

I do see that they both have brown eyes. Their noses are very simalar(spelling). Their mouths although seem slighty different.

:ph34r:

I made this one last night, I just thought it cute to do the earring (I make some hand-made jewelry cause it's fun, I'm a girl btw):

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

I don't know if it fits this thread though, cause no one is wearing it :p

Sorry for the crappy photo, my camera's batteries just died on the spot, so I used a crappy phone cam. I made it out of what I remember, that's why it's not accurate. I'll probably make a more accurate one and then grab a better photo.

Eagerly awaiting the revised earrings - if they turn out well, please PM me how much it would cost to make another set? My wife would absolutely love them (yes, we watch Frontier together)!

displaypiece.jpg

http://mikes6.deviantart.com/art/Sheryl-No...arring-88703890

I just finished the more accurate one, but still I didn't get it all right, it's supposed to be a stud and not a hook earring etc etc, it's just that I'm too lazy to fix it all now. I didn't plan to sell it, much more now since I don't think the quality is good enough to be sold.

Thanks for the compliments anyway :)

I made this one last night, I just thought it cute to do the earring (I make some hand-made jewelry cause it's fun, I'm a girl btw):

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

I don't know if it fits this thread though, cause no one is wearing it :p

Sorry for the crappy photo, my camera's batteries just died on the spot, so I used a crappy phone cam. I made it out of what I remember, that's why it's not accurate. I'll probably make a more accurate one and then grab a better photo.

Wow... Excellent work!!! :ph34r:

look at Ranka and Alto closely. tell me what you see !!!

Silly guys, Alto and Ranka cosplayer is ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

See....that is what I was thinking.....but she looks soooooo good as Ranka and not sooooooo good as Alto.

:ph34r:

Here's some more cosplay from cosplay.com:

http://www.cosplay.com/shoot/114348/

http://www.cosplay.com/shoot/114348/p2

http://www.cosplay.com/shoot/114348/p3

I'll actually give this one the Cutest Ranka award. She has that petite round face going on :)

EDIT: Also from Cosplay.com, the best Alto shot I've seen so far:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1550614/

Edited by mike_s_6

Okay, here goes. This is my favorite Alto cosplayer for now. I'm a girl, and so far, most of those who portrayed Alto were females looking like cross-dressers (which I find unattractive), but this person (male or female I'm not sure) I actually find quite attractive. He's bordering on pretty/handsome, and doesn't do the "ooh, I'm so cute in an Alto costume, I'll tilt my head to the side like this!" pose. The wig also has a nice shape and color, costume doesn't look rushed.

capture2gk4.jpg

And now, the cutest Ranka that I've seen so far. She's spot-on. Wrong boots, but never mind those.

capture3vc6.jpg

And Sheryl, Sheryl, Sheryl... <3

capture6ie8.jpg

capture5tg3.jpg

capture4eg0.jpg