Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

I posted these in another thread when I didn't really know about this cosplay thread, but I figured it might be appropriate for me to put them here.

ANYWAY! My friend and I went to both Tekkoshocon and Tora-Con as Roy and Shin from Macross Zero. Being a tall blonde guy I decided to try my hand at being Roy.

http://imgur.com/DNEgWLc,X7cmSHM,CLzH0az

Overall, for my first Macross cosplay, I'm relatively proud of it but I wish I had more of a budget to improve certain things; have an actual flight harness, better shoulder pads, improved helmets, etc. I plan on doing a cosplay of SDF Roy from the TV version at some point and right now I'm trying to figure out a good way to make the flight suit.

Wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

It could be relatively cheap. As some models are looking to expand their portfolio. Same goes for some photographers. I just have to convince them that it will make them the talk of the Internet in a positive way. The latex flight suit might be a tricky selling point. Only models willing to wear that expect to be paid a normal rate. If you're paying a model who is physically fit and willing to wear latex you might as well hire a professional photographer. Might as well shoot at interesting location too. Now were talking a budget in the thousands.It could done cheaper with latex but you're gonna have to decide what you want cut back on the model, location or the photographer? All because you wanted latex.

Ok, what about basic spandex for her flightsuit like most superhero cosplayers wear? Shiny spandex is almost as good. And you can probably find a lot more people familiar with making full-body suits from it. (And frankly, I don't think we can really tell what her suit is made of from the little we've seen of it---and Brera's didn't seem that shiny, and hers is likely similar to his)

(I am totally willing to spend money on this)

Wardrobe will be big chunk of the budget no matter what you decide. It will be either custom made or if one those premade costume it will have be tailored to fit. Then again one of my contacts is a makeup artist and she specializes in body painting.

I've got a great reference (the full pic of my avatar), but I'll have to wait until tonight to post it---it's only in my PC. Please PM me your current email so I can send you the large version. And if someone could post the infamous screen cap in the mean time...

If you ignore the second set of hands, this should do the trick.

post-907-0-84784900-1369418874_thumb.jpg

Edit: Ok, resized.. apparently it's more huge than I expected.

I'm tempted to try and go restore that image so the hands are gone, but eh.  It really just needs to be redrawn as a full picture.

Edited by Chronocidal

That's my work (merging the screencaps)--thanks for finding/posting it---both her hand position and the lighting changed as the camera pans---that was the best I could do. What I'll send tonight is the correct colors and full-body (though unofficial---but a lot of research went into it to try to make it accurate)

We are cosplaying Max & Milia at Otakon 2013 in August. We'd like to do a brief wedding ceremony on one of the days. We have our Max/Milia SDF Macross wedding costumes. Any Capt Global cosplayers out there interested in performing the ceremony? Other Macross cosplayers invited to attend!