Mylene Cosplay

cosplaygirl

Hey UN Spacy, do you know any place where I find some Emillia pics? :ph34r:

Sorry, unless I can get some screencaps from The Galaxy Is Calling Me. Or a lineart book for Macross 7, then I don't know too many sites featuing Emillia pics. :(

Sorry, unless I can get some screencaps from The Galaxy Is Calling Me. Or a lineart book for Macross 7, then I don't know too many sites featuing Emillia pics. :(

:tear: :(

There are plenty of great images HERE.

Here's a preview.

What kind of picture do you want? I can screen cap.

Anyones. :ph34r: I can't seem to find many out there.

On a side note how do you screen cap? I have the M7 movie on vcd, but i don't know how to screen cap. :(

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

There are plenty of great images HERE.

Here's a preview.

What kind of picture do you want? I can screen cap.

Anyones. :ph34r: I can't seem to find many out there.

On a side note how do you screen cap? I have the M7 movie on vcd, but i don't know how to screen cap. :(

Do you have Power DVD 4 software installed? If not, please contact me via AIM or PM.

The best I ever saw was

Use that and what UN Spacy provided.Those are the best examples for your Mylene Cosplay. :D

No. Even if joking, never take that advice. Never base your own costume on someone else's. It's as bad as builing a model using someone else's model for reference, rather than the proper source images.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging her to copy other people's work. :(

She should use her own artistic interpretation in creating HER own version of

the Mylene costume. :D

Hehehe. No need to argue boys. My problem isn't so much character design, it's complexity. I just have trouble with figureing out how I'm gonna make sometihng look like an anime. Because, as I have discovered, drawing something is much easier then building it. In my own opinion that is.

Hehehe. No need to argue boys. My problem isn't so much character design, it's complexity. I just have trouble with figureing out how I'm gonna make sometihng look like an anime. Because, as I have discovered, drawing something is much easier then building it. In my own opinion that is.

ARG. Like me and my Tasuki costume (which turned out awesome at AX2k2). I drew it up, had everything figured out, but making it was just UGH.

The first Mylene has a great costume, but damn, I don't even think she's hit puberty yet. :blink: The second one however...very very nice! :rolleyes: Any more pics of her?

Anyways, if you're looking for 3D references, there are a couple of Mylene figurines and model kits that you could look at. Good luck with your costume.

EDIT:

Here's an auction for a Mylene figurine from one of our very own MW members.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Actually I did Minmays red chinese dress that she wears for her sixteenth birthday. I plan to try the dress she wears in the final battle of DYRL and also gonna try and make Misa and Millia's Duty Uniform. I've also done the uniform Millia wears in the Macross M3 video game.

The first Mylene has a great costume, but damn, I don't even think she's hit puberty yet.  :blink:  The second one however...very very nice! :rolleyes:  Any more pics of her?

hmmm...the first one...too young...the second one...too old (would make a great Emilia IMHO)...and no Mylene cosplay is complete without the little furball...Gubaba of course. :D

Well what is the point of cosplay? Depends

There are many types of cosplayers

A.) People who do it simply for fun and as a hobby. These are the average cosplayer who may or may not have sewing talent and just do it at cons for themselves. The bulk of cosplayers are under this category.

B.) People who do it for money. Some cosplayers have so much talent and skill that they actually profit from it usually in the form of comissions for lesser cosplayers who either do not have time or skill to make elaborate costumes. There is a fair bit of $$ in it if youre good. My friend made a Vash costume (coat and underclothing) for around 600 dollars.

C.) People who do it to practice their craft. Be they actors or seamstresses some people do it for practice in a future career on stage or in entertainment making costumes. THeyve got the skill so they simply show it off to pad their resume. Example being a guy who made a Guyver costume and currently works in Hollywood as a make up effects artist.

D.) People who do it for fame. Some people crave attention and cosplaying is a good way to get it. It used to be a better way as back in the day there were fewer cosplayers (Example Otakon 2000 I'd say about 25% cosplayed, Otakon 2003 id say well over 50%). Ive got some friends who get a LOT of attention from both fandom and from the general public at large from their skills. One of my friends made the cover of the LA Times in small blurb about Anime Expo 2002. Another person I know was on stage for the G-Phoria awards these year as Aerith from FFVII.

As what you do as a cosplayer, well that to differs. Some people do it solo or with close friends and simply walk around the con in costume and get pictures taken. Others like myself and my girlfriend are part of larger group of people, in this case So Desu Ne Cosplay with over 40 members across the country. People like this usually also perform skits on stage and compete for awards and recognition within fandom. Some groups are really intense like Sailor Jamboree used to require a demo tape of your stuff. Others, like So Desu Ne, take anyone who applies under the assumption that they want to learn to get better. Again some groups are hardcore and others are more social.

Hope that answers your question.