A thought about display stands.

Commander McBride

I hear ya....it's getting to the point where I'm gonna have to get some fishing line and make em hang from da ceiling. It'll look great on all three modes though.......too bad it's gonna hang there motionless though. :ph34r:

:o

I have double trouble...

First is displaying the 1/48, 1/60 and 1/72 on shelves...

Next is their huge boxes by Yamato...they are under my bed, in the closet, under my desk...

Any good suggestions?

Paulo

Ikea has shelves where you screw a base into the wall, and the shelf slides over it, it's good if ya need more display room. I'm running low on display room myself, so i might need to do something too.

I've been thinking about some of those myself, I believe they are called the "lack". (i remember the wierdest things......)

But i'd love to put the grabber arm thing on the wall.

I hear ya....it's getting to the point where I'm gonna have to get some fishing line and make em hang from da ceiling. It'll look great on all three modes though.......too bad it's gonna hang there motionless though. :ph34r:

It doesn't have to...with some celing track and some electric motors, you could have a formation of 1/48s flying around in the air! :lol:

I hear ya....it's getting to the point where I'm gonna have to get some fishing line and make em hang from da ceiling. It'll look great on all three modes though.......too bad it's gonna hang there motionless though.  :ph34r:

It doesn't have to...with some celing track and some electric motors, you could have a formation of 1/48s flying around in the air! :lol:

That would kick SO much ass.

I hear ya....it's getting to the point where I'm gonna have to get some fishing line and make em hang from da ceiling. It'll look great on all three modes though.......too bad it's gonna hang there motionless though.  :ph34r:

Yeah, until one hit you in the head...... :lol:

and break into pieces :lol:

Yah...

"Ummm, duck on the way in. I've got planes flying around on the ceiling."

I have double trouble...

Next is their huge boxes by Yamato...they are under my bed, in the closet, under my desk...

Any good suggestions?

Paulo

I keep all my opened Bandai & Yammie boxes folded up and the plastic trays stacked up in one or in this case make it two big HLJ boxes. As for the boxes with styrofoam trays there's only one way to solve that, move into a bigger pad!

Lol, it looks like you had a huge order from HLJ and got trapped in the house....

I have double trouble...

Any good suggestions?

Paulo

I keep all my opened Bandai & Yammie boxes folded up and the plastic trays stacked up in one or in this case make it two big HLJ boxes. As for the boxes with styrofoam trays there's only one way to solve that, move into a bigger pad!

Lol, it looks like you had a huge order from HLJ and got trapped in the house....

:lol: let me out let me out :lol:

Does anyone have any "makeshift" stands available? I've seen one of Mechamaniacs wire hanger stands and they looked like they were able to support a 1/60 (correct me if I'm wrong) Strike Valkyrie. I'm starting to run out of space and those makeshift stands just might work. :ph34r:

Wall mounted shelves like they have in stores?

That'd be neat, just find a store going out of business and make them an offer on the stands :)

My buddy was throwing out two entertainment centers, so I grabbed them up and now I've got one filled with Macross stuff, and the other with Star Wars/Gundam/Transformers/Star Trek stuff.

The curio cabinet has my mint Macross stuff in it.

I have double trouble...

Any good suggestions?

Paulo

I placed my boxes in bigger boxes (box for the TV). Placed these big Boxes in the closets. I don't know if that helps. :huh:

............AAArgHHH. Don't mind this post. :unsure:

Ikea is a good place to look for shelves and lighting of all kinds. I don't personally own any of their furniture (yet), but I did go to the new Palo Alto store last weekend to check it out. They have a huge selection and the prices are good.

I plan to pick up one of the 5 shelf bookcases, replace 4 shelves with glass (center shelf is structural), add clear glass doors and install two of the mini lights in the top and the bottom half. It'll only cost me around $200. You can see it here (with frosted glass doors).

My collection is currently displayed in a curio cabinet and on a couple of cheap book shelves. The boxes are all in the garage. You can see pictures of my displays by following the link in the .sig.

Edited by VF-1Guy

and break into pieces :lol:

LOL, if you got hit in the head by a flying 1/48 with FPs attached, it would be your head that broke. Those suckers are damn heavy.

Graham

I allready have a Toy Room... Is good to have a bigger place.

And I do need more shelfs.

WHAT are we gonna do when the 1/60 Destroid MOSTER comes?? MAn not even my toy room will be enough! And The Box of that thing? can you inmagine? :blink:

As somebody else suggested a while ago, buy two monsters and a big sheet of rectangular shaped glass. Put a Monster under each end of the glass and you have an instant coffee table B)

Graham

when I had more room, my biggest toy was a star wars AT-AT. And that made a great coffee table! Stupid thing would always have coffee rings on its back. :rolleyes:

I bought some wall shelves from Home Depot that work pretty good. I think the best idea put forth so far though has been a toy room or a bigger place. My toy room is currently under construction. A long time ago, there was a thread about display cabinets. I think Kevin from Valkyrie Exchange used to have the link to this really cool website for display cabinets. These cabinets were SWEET, but very pricey. I always kept asking him for that link, and then I'd lose it.

:D

My wife suggested me to go ask for one of those professional display manufacturer's for a quote...

So I asked for a all glass with a mirror backing, with adjustable glass shelf...and the quote came to about USD2,000.00!

I prefer to use that money to buy 1/48s or Macross stuff...

So maybe what I really need to rent an apartment outside of my home, and make it my Macross Shrine! At least the rent is about 120.00 per month! Who knows? Maybe I can hold a macross convention there in the future!

Paulo

as much as I like sithlord's stands... It usually ends up with me buying another valk or two with the money I put aside in anticipation. My displays consists of pointing at a stack of boxes and saying "those boxes there have crap in them" LOL. Once I get a house my "office" will double as my display room. Most stuff will still have to be stacked in a closet as how do you realistically display 100+ spawn figs on card and a ton of macross stuff in only one room?

Big O had a cool set up in his old place consisting of shelving running around the entire place at display level and the simpsons figs on card as kitchen wallpaper :lol: