What's the most $$$$ you spent

1 VF-1 2NV

My most expensive was the Roy VF-1S 1/48 for 154.46(with tax?) in a local store.

Well, I've got every Yamato release, except the 11B v.2, The Max 1/48, the Ostich 1/60, and the Elint 1/60.

Also I have some Bandai re-issues, except for M&M. I got no mo' money :( , but I'll come back soon :p

I have paid full "sticker price" for about half of them. So go figure how much have I spent. My brain hurts just to think about it. I do enjoy having all this wonderfull things in my closet.

Vic.

hmmm.... ok I the most I spent on anything was for my complete predaking for 190. The next high perchase would be the original japanese mospeada cyclone in box for 150. And for macross, I would have to say I paid 150 for the vf-1a joke machine. That one hurt me the most. I felt like it wasn't worth that much after I got it. So I can say that I kinda regret paying that much for it. I still love that JM, but not at 150. :( Anyway since I collected star wars at one point, I paid 112 for an original 12" boba-fett figure mint in box. Now that was worth every penny! :p:D:lol:

When I started collecting years ago, I had to get a green 1/35 Gakken Legioss. Around that time, they were hard to come by on ebay for some reason. A loose one finally appeared that was in perfect shape with both the gun and figure. I was willing to spend some cash on it but things got out of hand with a snipe bidder and I didn't realize how much I overspent until it was all over - $310 or something like that. But it turned out to be a good deal because the seller was super nice and offered my a blue one with a broken arm for free. It was a little loose but it looked almost as good as the green one. All it needed was an arm slider part which I got from a junk Legioss off ebay.

And then there was that time I spent $150 plus shipping for a TRU VF-1A. At least I didn't spend over $200 like some people.

Outside of toys, I have other expensive hobbies. I like to keep my computer somewhat up to date to play new games which gets expensive now and then. I also enjoy mountain biking which also gets very expensive. I spent more on my current mountain bike than I did for my first car (over $2300). I also have an old Camaro that I am waiting to fix up. If I didn't spend so much on other stuff, I would of had it fixed up nice by now.

Single Purchase was the Original AnimEigo Macross boxset at $250

Most expensive toy/model: 1/48 VF-1S

Most prized possesion in Anime Collection: Cowboy Bebop Perfect Sessions. I bought it last year at FYE for regular price ($200)

Look of nearby Anime fan behind me after eyeing my boxset: Pricele$$!! Coulda been his. :D

PS: Both boxsets are in my safe. No lie.

arg the most ive spend on single items of macross were.

$1000 = Bandai elintseeker 1\55.

$600 = Takatoku browny 1\55 (cannon fodder) thats the one i used to make the molds

for the resin valk.

this all in the times these where very rare and no other solutions at hand.

The most I've spent on a hobby?  Definitely guitars. 

My upright bass-  $2000

My electric bass- $1850

My acoustic guitar- $1200

Not to mention loads on P.A, etc...

Been there, done that. I've spent a lot, but the best find ever was coming across a '64 Les Paul Custom in a pawn shop in Jacksonville, FL - the poor sap had no idea what he had his hands on. I scooped it up for the princely sum of $750. It's hardly mint, but it plays and sounds like a dream, and it's still my favorite by far.

As for Anime/Manga related stuff? Well, I just burned through almost $300 on fast packs and the Ostrich and Elint from Kevin at Valk Exchange. While seperate items, I think that's the most I've dropped at one sitting.

I didn't get into collecting Macross stuff until Yamato started releasing the Macross Plus valks, so I kind of missed the whole "let's pay $700 for this POS Takatoku" thing. I never really understood the whole vintage Macross toy thing, as I always thought they were ridiculously overpriced and frankly kind of ugly. [ME]Ducks as brick aimed at head crashes through window[/ME]. These 1/48 Yamatos are about as much as I'm prepared to spend on a toy - and believe me, if these weren't Macross and something comparable could be found ANYWHERE else, there's no way I'd spend as much on these as I have.

OK- macross/robotech related - 142.50 on a pretty mint alpha

Since everyones bragging about thier car and stuff - $98,000 on a spare house to make profit and $28,000 to fix it up, oh, 3yrs ago $42,000 on a laundromatt, and uh 32,000 on a 1996 LT-4 vette convetable collectors edition :p and 9yrs ago, my house $92,000 and now Im looking at purchasing a very large bridge in Arizona <_< ........JK folks

Lets keep it somwhat macross related, i have a hard time spending more than $200 on a single toy though, I wish I was that diehard, i felt sick to my stomach purchasing the alpha

Or how about one time money lost

$50,000 on laundromatt (went under and took part of me with it)

$8,000 on vette (sold this year)

$3,500 for replacement motor and trans in old truck ( a lot faster though)

$30,000 + on damn taxes every year, still take US taxes over other countries though

Let's see...

I bought my camaro off a show room floor. They were asking $10k for an all original 327 1967' SS. I crawled under the car and copied down the VIN, went home and did some checking. I countered with $4k and demanded a 30 day frame and engine block warrenty. After a while of me pointing out just what was and wasn't original they accepted my counter as long as I paid sales tax. They had to pay the welder who fixed the rotted sub fram bolts and the salesman was no longer working there a week later :lol: .

67' SS :lol: , although jsarclight is probably the only person who will get that LOL.

I've got lots of crap around here, as greenguy will attest, but I try real hard not to spend actual money on it. Most I have paid for a single toy to date [not counting trade value] is $90 for a super nice shape matshusiro jetfire with armor in a re-issue box. The kind seller threw in an armada jetfire free!

Not that I haven't shelled out some cash for multiple toys...

The most I've spent on toys was $2500 for a MIB Godaikin Tetsujin 28, followed by $970 for a MISB Takatoku Goshogun DX.

The most I've spent on Macross is $900 for a MIB Bandai 1/55 VE-1.

Joe P.

The most I ever spent on a Macross item was split in two. I spent $500.00 for a resin kit of the 1/72 Destroid Monster. But the number one was $2400.00 on a Takatoku / BANDAI Valkyrie Lot. ( 2 VF-1S, 2 sets of GPB Armor MINTy MINT and , a couple of Conversion kits and 1/44 destroids...a total of 6 VF-1S 1/72 HCM and 5 VF-1J 1/72 HCM, and VF-1S Strike 1:55)

And I am never going to do that again!

Rob :blink::blink:

:D

My most expensive purchase was on the original 1/48 Club-M Ultimate Strike Valkyrie with shipping from Japan (HLJ) it came around USD500.00 that was the most expensive single purchase I have ever made.

Next most expensive thing, was travelling to Japan in Osaka/Tokyo doing a Macross shopiing spree which I spent almost USD2,000.00 buying here and there!!! This not includes food/lodging/others.

Paulo

My most expensive purchase (in one shot) was also the least practical at the time: the 9 disc AnimEigo SDF Macross boxset for $250... I don't regret it, but I did feel strange paying all that cash back then, considering I didn't even own a DVD player (nor did I have what could be considered a steady income). Since then, I've joined the 1/48 lover's club and I'm afraid I may easily top that amount soon...

:unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I had a friend visit me just last week. After seeing my modest collection of Yamatos, he went out and spent $$$$$ up his a$$. He's getting 2 each of the 1/48's (current ones and pre-orders), 12 FP, all fast/strike pack equipped 1/60 yammies, the vt-1, ve-1, and a glass display case like mine. He's going to spend like $2500, I was told.

Back in the day, oh about 4 or 5 years ago, when the demand for Valkyries was high and production of any were nonexistent, I paid about $1200 each for three Bandai 'Strikes.

I look back at that now and can't believe I ever did such a thing. Even with the money, a purchase like that has still gotta' hurt....

Macross Related:

$250 on the Macross DVD Set from Animeigo.

$180 total for my 1/48 Roy w/ Strike Pack.

Now i remember, I paid 70.00 usd for each M7 Bandai Reissue, and 150.00 USD for a complete Jetfire (no box). That's almost 300.00 worth of Macross related stuff. That was on 2001. I can't believe the M7 reissues are now like 30 or 40 bucks each.

Oh well,

vic.

I spent $700 for three Gakken Alphas (Legioss). One of each color, all accesories included... Stickers were applied though... Can't wait for Tom's new ones.

Got them at the San Diego Comic Con 2 years ago.