What's the most $$$$ you spent

1 VF-1 2NV

...on ONE single item in your anime collection. I've seen people pay anywhere from $300 - $800 on the old bandai strike, super, and elint valks on ebay. Sheesh I wish I had that kind of money :) . Personally, the most money I've shelled out on one item is my new low viz. Spent $130 for it. I can't see myself spending more than that one 1 item unless it's a specially packaged TV VF-1J with special FP like the one that should be coming out later this year I hope. I guess it's because I'm not rich like everyone else is. Me i'm just a regular blue-collar worker that has to work outdoors :p . So how much did you spend on that 1 toy/figure/whatever anime product?

I'm kinda frugal (i.e cheap) so the most expensive item in my meager collection would have to be my 1/48 VF-1A. I picked mine up from an E-Bay auction last year.....probably spent about $130 total. :blink:

OK, I Spent $300 on a Takatoku 1/55 VF-1S 4 yrs ago from Valkyrie Workshop It has since been sold (Dumb Move I should have waited for the reissues), I spent $350.00 On a Takatoku 1/55 Max VF-1J form Escaflown4(Spelling) about 2 yrs ago that has been sold (Dumb Move I should have waited for the reissues). And I Spent $200.00 On A Takatoku 1/55 VF-1D custom from Rick the Hunter, that is one of my most prized possessions. :D

Edited by NSJ23

Just bought 4 fast packs for the 1/48s I have.  Spent $250.

I sold my old Taka collection for $3000 though.  I had doubles of everything unopened from 82.

So $250 divided by 4 = $62.50 :p . That's it :lol: . I'm kidding. So $250 on ONE purchase. OK guys and gals. It's either 1 item or 1 purchase.

BTW, thanks ali sama for purchasing my sdf-1 :D . Anyone interested in a jetfire :D ?

Edited by 1 VF-1 2NV

Does it have to be limited to anime? I currently have the 1/60 VE-1 and VT-1 plus 5 sets of FAST packs on order with VEX... that will be about $460.

Most I ever spent on a collectable ever: $780 for my 12" GI Joe scale Vietnam Huey

Some other items of note that can be considered "toys" that where quite expensive:

$14,000 over five years to restore my camaro...

$1,200 for a pre-ban SP2 rifle...

$2,100 for my new home computer...

etc., etc....

The most I have spent was $86 bucks to get the 1/60 Strike in the Yamato line. Unfortunately, I am a completist and that wa sthe last one I needed to get and could not resist because of that damn cannon.... For that price I could almost have gotten a 1/48, but at the time, the 1/48 didn't have fast packs, and that, to me, was a must. But I assure you, I won't be selling my Strile Valk anytime soon, and I will be getting a 1/48 someday, hope there are no plans for limited runs outside of the low vis.

Dat

Not macross related but the diecast Arcadia of Captain Harlock, costed me 250$ (CAD), the non toy all star champion of costing the most is the Macross DVD collection from Animego, 300$ (CAD, again) <_< But it was worth it :p

Just bought 4 fast packs for the 1/48s I have.  Spent $250.

I sold my old Taka collection for $3000 though.  I had doubles of everything unopened from 82.

So $250 divided by 4 = $62.50 :p . That's it :lol: . I'm kidding. So $250 on ONE purchase. OK guys and gals. It's either 1 item or 1 purchase.

BTW, thanks ali sama for purchasing my sdf-1 :D . Anyone interested in a jetfire :D ?

Ok...

I guess then the most expensive is a 1/48, I have a bunch of them though... I buy stuff when it is at its lowest value and sell it when it is at its highest, therefore I wouldn't have any ourtageous pruchases.

6 Fastpack will be my most expensive purchase to come €272,-

if the VE-1 and VT-1 would be included it would add up to €426,-

don't know if the Q-rau or Monster will top that but I do hope to acquire them both

*my other hobby 'guitars' one purchase topped $2500

guess the guys here with cars as a hobby would top that

edit: Oh one Item

the first 1/48 (exchange rate wasn't as good as now)

Edited by Nightbat®

*my other hobby 'guitars' one purchase topped $2500

guess the guys here with cars as a hobby would top that

Damn, :blink: that's more than I paid total for both '64 Chevelles I've owned.

My most expensive anime/Macross purchases to date would be a tie btwn the Takatoku VF-1J I'm selling right now and my 1/48 Max Type. If the 1/48 VF-1J comes with its Fastpacks, that's probably the hightest I'll go. In other word, no 1/60 Monster. No room for it anyways.

BTW, for $1000.00+, couldn't you make your own 1/1 scale helmet out of a motorcross helmet. It would probably cost less, fit better, and look just as good, if not better. :unsure:

I´m a bit picky and miser (ok , a lot actually ) so I don´t often buy things which I consider to be surcharged (i.e. current 1/48 toys) unless it´s REEEAALLY special. The biggest pruchase I´ve made (anime related) is the Yamato Hijaru 1J.

*Though I´ve paid 214 Pounds for a N10 minidisc recorder (online , mint condition from the factory), which has a highstreet price of 275 pounds so even then I paid less than what I was supposed to pay.

The most I've ever spent was $500 for the original Macross Memorial LD Box Set. $425 for the box set plus $75 for shipping from Japan (it weighed about 10 lbs). This was way back in the day before the advent of DVD's and before the 15th Anniversary LD Box Set.

man..... that stinks with the animego only costing round 175 I think.

The most I've ever spent was $500 for the original Macross Memorial LD Box Set. $425 for the box set plus $75 for shipping from Japan (it weighed about 10 lbs). This was way back in the day before the advent of DVD's and before the 15th Anniversary LD Box Set.

i feel your pain... but i think i spent about 600 on it. damn dvd technology ;)

but i must admit... i do enjoy having it as part of my collection.

I spent about US$400 on my Takatoku VF-1J 1/55 back in 2000

thats about the highest I have spent for a single item,

the 1/1 helmet is going to break that record clean

:lol:

:blink::blink: Hey Noel, are you really going to get that DYRL helmet? Gosh its going to cost a leg and a hand, its a whole months pay worth.

Back to the topic, my priciest purchase would be the 1/48 series VF-1A Max, preordered 2 sets of VF-1S Hikaru, preordered 2 sets of 1/48 Fps,, preordered 1 1/48 set of VF-1J. But the most expensive items that i purchased which aren't toys, are my compressor and airbrush.

Cheers.

Edited by recon

Hmmm... the most I've spent on an anime product?

Probably would be $160 for the Bandai Max and Millia

or $135 for the VF-1S 1/48.

The most I've spent on a hobby? Definitely guitars.

My upright bass- $2000

My electric bass- $1850

My acoustic guitar- $1200

Not to mention loads on P.A, etc...

Music is expensive, don't let no one tell you otherwise. ;)

My most expensive is kinda of a tie. I paid $120 for my gakken 1/35 alpha. it was a good price it included the box manual little figure gun and styrofoam. just a little yellowed. only problem is the metal piece that holds the head and allows it to swing broke in shipping so i jb welded it. good as new. i also paid $120 for my yamato yf-19 2nd edition. I am pretty happy with that also. but i gotta say i am trying to figure out a way to get a hold of a set of gbp armor without the wife finding out.

Probably the most i've ever sent on a single anime product, would have to have been my Animeigo Macross box set, set me back about $600 Australian including shipping :blink: It would have been nice to have waited and bought the 3 smaller box sets for heaps cheaper, but I still think it was worth it :D

The most expensive thing in my collection is a 1/48 VF-1S. The next priciest thing for the value is an origonal Takutaku 1/144(I think thats the scale) Destroid Spartan. I bought it about two years ago off of Ebay and paid 45$ to have it shipped from Argentina. If I could ever get a gosh darn Gold book that would be the most expensive item in my collection. But, I always get outbid even at 200$+. Non toys, definately the SDF animeigo series. Also I have a new toy that I just signed 30 years of my life away to. Damn Mortgage costs just as much as the house :(