Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

The size difference wasn't really that noticeable in the anime if you ask me. I always thought they made the Golden Saints taller to sort of embelish their power. Remember, Aioria without his cloth wasn't that much taller then the rest, but when when he put it on, he seemed taller.

The only saint that look tall was Shiryu if you ask me.... untill he got his new cloth, and then he just looked like everyone else.

Size and ages given by different trading Cards and Books for Saint Seiya:

Seiya 1m65 13y

Shyriu 1m72 14y

Hyoga 1m73 13y

Shun 1m65 13y

Ikki 1m75 15y

Aiora 1m85 20y

Aiora is older and taller. Instead Hyoga seems taller than Shyriu with this numbers, that's not the same thing with toys.

Not the same thing in anime as well, as Shiryu & Ikki was always the tall guy out of the 5 Bronze, and Hyoga is always in the middle, while Shun & Seiya are the shortest. But looks like the numbers doesn't totally reflect that.

Gold Saints are supposed to be taller as they are older in general. Come to think of it, if Seiya and company are only around 13 to 15 years old, they can still grow taller. :D But I do find the age in general is a little too young, as their voices and look don't quite reflect their age. More like 17-19 years old, and the Gold Saints at least early 20s if not older. I just can't imagine a 13, 14-year-old can act as mature as Seiya & company does, being so loyal, just, and hard working....I know, they are just fictional characters. :p

Size and ages given by different trading Cards and Books for Saint Seiya:

Seiya 1m65 13y

Shyriu 1m72 14y

Hyoga 1m73 13y

Shun 1m65 13y

Ikki 1m75 15y

Aiora 1m85 20y

Aiora is older and taller. Instead Hyoga seems taller than Shyriu with this numbers, that's not the same thing with toys.

Might be just me.... but they look nothing like their ages. Honestly... I wouldn't have given them less then 16 years... with Aioria at 18 or so. :blink:

I guess I have to watch the show again.... I don't remember the height difference of the bronze saints at all... though I can see Shiryu and Ikki being taller then the rest. :huh:

Can't help you with the plates there, as I've never seen any seller selling the plates only. And most of the figures that have the HK plates are from HK sellers showing up on ebay.

I would love to get the plates too, but figured it will take too much effort to hunt them down everytime I get a new release. Is the plate diecast? That would be sweet.

On the note of Shun, looks like he got the most articulated shoulder since the shoulder armor leave the arms a lot of room to move around. And his Nebula Chain looks cool. But I probably won't get my hands on mine for a while till HLJ ships it with my Ikki. :p

Edited by mpchi

Yes, the plate is diecast, but it can't be removed from the paper. Too Bad !!! I have one for Cygnus but I don't like it that much.

I prefer to buy the japan edition with the little golden sticker from Toei stick on the box.

I hope have Shun tomorrow or before the end of the week. I'll say more when it will be in my hands.

If you want to see some funny picture, look at this : no comment

Guys, one note on Cygnus Hyoga.

For those who have him, beware of the back of his round shoulder armor pieces. I occasionally pose him here and there, doing Aurora Thunder Attack and all. But not until today did I realized that the shoulder piece's inner edge at the back often rub agains the diecast chest hinge area if you are not careful, causing those chrome on the plastic to chip and crack(not the plastic, but just the chrome on top). Be really careful with that unless you don't mine yours having some 'battle damage'. Too bad i didn't realize it until its too late. :( Which totally deepened my 'love-hate' relationship with these guys. And once again I doubted if I should stick with investing so much $$ on all the upcoming Gold Saints......But minutes later after fiddled with the 3 Bronze I have, they just reminded me again how cool they are, regardless of all those flaws in them. Come to think of it, its pretty funny to go through all these emotions as a toy collector. :p

As of that pics, there's actually a scene in the anime that was pretty close in the Sanctuary Chapter,

when Shun is trying to warm the frozen Hyoga right out of Camus' Ice Coffin. :D

Edited by mpchi

Yes, the plate is diecast, but it can't be removed from the paper. Too Bad !!! I have one for Cygnus but I don't like it that much.

I prefer to buy the japan edition with the little golden sticker from Toei stick on the box.

I hope have Shun tomorrow or before the end of the week. I'll say more when it will be in my hands.

you mean the little sticker under the yellow "saint seiya" on the front that has a bear on it with a hat? seems mine has them...I know the first seiya I bought I bought at a store whom the seller gets most of his stuff from HK(him being Cantonese and all). if it's not, please post of pic of what you're talkin about.

and that picture is sick...I know the characters all look girlie...but...*sigh* you're killing my childhood heros!! :p

you mean the little sticker under the yellow "saint seiya" on the front that has a bear on it with a hat?

It's not a bear, it's a cat !!! :p Only japan toys have them. It's the same thing with stickers on boxes of Soul of Shogokin.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my Shun from the mail, and I have to say it is the most satisfying Saint Cloth Myth figure yet! NO MAJOR TECHNICAL FLAWS at all!! YAY!!! No more wobbly chest armor, falling belt buckle, loose head mask, loose ankle joints...etc. Shun does hurt a little on the poseability on the waist (bend forward) due to the cloth design, and the neck due to the same hair design as Hyoga (but a little better than Hyoga though) but is fantastic overall. The double jointed shoulder armor is awesome, making the seemingly very big shoulder armor very poseable and almost never in the way. The 2 pairs of nebula chains (one short, one long, all diecast) and the circular soft plastic one (chain defense) is really great! Making it so fun to pose with. Visually, Shun looks really good in proprtion too. May not be as cool looking as Hyoga, but the most accurate looking for the toys so far. If any of you may have been disappointed by some of the previous release, this is the saving grace! Let's hope that Ikki would be even better. :D

Unfortunately, as Bandai fixed many technical issues on these figures, the QC (paint job particular) hasn't improved much. My Shun comes with more than 10 small paint chips on diecast in various pieces. Places like the green hair (close to the swapable hair piece), and left arm armor has a big enough area with not enough paint, making the plastic/chrome show through quite a bit. <_< I wouldn't even have used those parts if I were a worker in their China toy factory assembling these figures...But other than the paint job, Shun is fantastic! Go get it now!

Edited by mpchi

• 2 weeks later...

New wonderful picture for the fist golden Knight : Leo / Aiora

figureou_scm_10.jpg

Like I said before, the difference of size with the bronze is really great. And his hair !!! :rolleyes: I can't wait and I hane not yet receive my Ikki. We can also see a photo of Ikki with Leo armor like in the hades chapter.

Edited by Golgoth 13

I wonder if Libra will come with a mini figure of roshi.   :D

It's the first time I heard this name, "Roshi". Is Roshi the american name ? Beacause the japan name is "Dohko" for the Libra Saint. In the french version, this is "vieux maître" (old master), a kind of Yoda. :rolleyes:

There is a rumor in France launched by a french animation magazine, who has good contacts in Japan. With the liitle thumbs on the box like that : t4_18.jpg, we could win the armor Seiya has in a short sequence in the new movie Tenkai-Hen, whick look a little like the Odin suit.

But I don't want to affirm this, cause maybe it's just a rumor and I'm not sure for the goods with these thumbs...

post-26-1080739268_thumb.jpg

Edited by Golgoth 13

I wonder if Libra will come with a mini figure of roshi.   :D

It's the first time I heard this name, "Roshi". Is Roshi the american name ? Beacause the japan name is "Dohko" for the Libra Saint. In the french version, this is "vieux maître" (old master), a kind of Yoda. :rolleyes:

There is a rumor in France launched by a french animation magazine, who has good contacts in Japan. With the liitle thumbs on the box like that : t4_18.jpg, we could win the armor Seiya has in a short sequence in the new movie Tenkai-Hen, whick look a little like the Odin suit.

But I don't want to affirm this, cause maybe it's just a rumor and I'm not sure for the goods with these thumbs...

Roshi is how Shiryu refers to Dohko 99% of the time. It means like ancient master or something. We don't really hear his name untill the Hades saga, so calling him Roshi is as valid as calling him Dohko. :)

Wait... isn't the last movie just the ending of the Hades saga? Wouldn't that cloth simply be the Pegasus God cloth? :huh:

Because it sure as hells looks cooler then yet another variation of the old pegasus cloth. <_<

damn, no more campaign give aways!!  cuz i'm not in japan and I don't know anybody who is.

and yah, what Abombz!! said...he's referred to as Roshi by everybody in the beginning.  and I didn't remember his real name until you said.

Removable hair? Or maybe just update the design and turn them into tiaras/masks once and for all. Only Aries and Taurus would be a problem. Considering that big homo Aphrodites almost never wore his helmet.

Edited by Abombz!!

damn, no more campaign give aways!!  cuz i'm not in japan and I don't know anybody who is.

and yah, what Abombz!! said...he's referred to as Roshi by everybody in the beginning.  and I didn't remember his real name until you said.

Removable hair? Or maybe just update the design and turn them into tiaras/masks once and for all. Only Aries and Taurus would be a problem. Considering that big home Aphrodites almost never wore his helmet.

is that word meant to be homo?

I don't remember much from the comics, but at least half the chars have helmets instead of headbands :p right? well, as long as they make Saga look nice...it's all good.

any word if they're going to make some of the new gold figures into the hades figures?

Removable hair? Or maybe just update the design and turn them into tiaras/masks once and for all. Only Aries and Taurus would be a problem. Considering that big home Aphrodites almost never wore his helmet.

is that word meant to be homo?

I don't remember much from the comics, but at least half the chars have helmets instead of headbands :p right? well, as long as they make Saga look nice...it's all good.

any word if they're going to make some of the new gold figures into the hades figures?

Well.... some of the helmets could very easily be turned into masks or tiaras. Just about every Golden Saint, except for Aioria, Miro, Kamus, Death Mask and Aioros, wore helmets. Considering they have been using removable hair for the bronze saints.... it might be the answer to the Golden Saints too.

I wonder how far Bandai is planning on going with this line... I wouldn't mind God Warriors, Sea Shoguns and dark saints. ^_^

And the Steel Knights!

man, I hated the steel saints. it was just kinda corny to bring in these mechanical saints where all the other ones were kinda "magical".

I would definitely like to see the god warriors re-made as well as the sea-scales.

Well they're only in one episode. You have to admit that the Red guy was cool with his Macross-esque helmet.

The helmet is cool but it looks more like Gatchaman than Macross. Instead of that, it's just very ugly in the Saint Seiya Universe.

Well they're only in one episode. You have to admit that the Red guy was cool with his Macross-esque helmet.

They were on for quite a few episodes BTW. They first showed up on the episode where the bronze saints first find out Saori is Athena. Then show up when Shiryu gets blind. They show up when Ikki goes back to Death Queen island. And they show up the last time when Shun goes missing right before they depart to the Sanctuary.

Man, my co-worker forwarded me a big French Saint Seiya site with some pics of the new movie, showing Seiya & Saori(Athena) naked in a scene! Not in a perverted way, and it looks like its in their final battle, but it was quite a shock for me. From those couple screenshots, either the private parts were left undrawn or covered by hair or cropped off from screen. But Seiya never had nudity before as I recall. And this time we at least see Athena's butt cheek, if not more. I guess time has sure changed...

• 2 weeks later...

DOOD!!! I just got my Ikki figure and man am I HATING it!!! freakin they cannabalized the color like the did with the yf-21 FPs!! it's super freakin purple!!!

And look at his shoulder armor...did you think they'd be sittin THAT high on him? omg it looks fugly...

here's a comparison shot of the two.

disappointed with my favorite bronze saint... :(

post-26-1082074162_thumb.jpg

DOOD!!! I just got my Ikki figure and man am I HATING it!!! freakin they cannabalized the color like the did with the yf-21 FPs!! it's super freakin purple!!!

And look at his shoulder armor...did you think they'd be sittin THAT high on him? omg it looks fugly...

here's a comparison shot of the two.

disappointed with my favorite bronze saint... :(

I liked mine. Unlike the previous releases.... this one looks like it will still be standing 1 month from now.

As for the colors.... I blame on japanese color blindedness.... go figure. As for the should armor.... I would've expected you to noticed the trend with the previous releases... just look at the pile of bag crap that was Shiryus shoulder armor, and how high the heck piece is in Shuns figure.

Look at the bright side... comparing the 2 figures.... makes me love the current line even more. <_<