Which Macross (series or movie) do you think......

UN Spacy

Which soundtrack stands above the rest?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which soundtrack stands above the rest?

• Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross
    • Macross: Do You Remember Love
    • Macross: Flashback 2012
    • Macross II: Lovers Again
    • Macross Plus
    • Macross 7
    • Macross Zero
    • OTHER (not listed)
    • I like ALL of the Macross Soundtracks
    • I don't like any of the Macross Soundtracks

For twenty years there have been a lot of songs composed for Macross. If you only had to pick one of those soundtracks which one would it be? :ph34r:

Remember. This doesn't pertain to the ACTUAL soundtracks....it's whatever is featured on each movie or series. :ph34r:

Edited by UN Spacy

I had to vote my mind, which was "I do not like any of them"

To me they are filler, background songs that illustrate and fill in what would either be silence or composed music. I myself enjoy a lot of macrosses' composed orchestral music but it is all very dramatic and heavy-handed... stuff you can't just "listen to". To me, you cannont remove the animation from the music or the music from the animation but together they make the show.

... then again I tend to dislike most movie soundtracks...

Your poll is a bit weird, since Macross Complete actually includes TV and DYRL soundtracks, as well as BGMs and other standalone radio-drama music. I can't remember if it includes the MacII Ishtar songs.

I also can't vote on the "I like all of Macross soundtracks" option, since I generally avoid the crappy M7/Firebomber music.

So, Macross Complete gets my vote. It's one package. But it's not on your poll-options, so I guess it's Other. :p

The Mac+ soundtracks are also good, but it's scattered into several separate cd's.

I think I have all of the various Macross TV soundtracks (including DYRL and radio-dramas and promos), all of Mac+ releases, one MacII, and the one available Macross Zero OST. I abhor the M7 soundtracks, but I do have and like the Mylene Sings Minmay cd.

I suggest you get all of the Macross TV/DYRL and Plus soundtracks. :)

--treatment--

Edited by treatment

Yeah it was between DYRL? and Plus, but in the end Kanno won out....just SO many genre's and yet, it all works. I do agree that the DYRL? score is great, but sometimes it sounds it's age (much of the Japanese 80's movie scores have much of the same chord structure)

DYRL had the best soundtrack...

I think there may be a dissconnnect between the subject of this thread and how you guys are voting.

I think we are supposed to choose the one Macross work that had the best sound / songs in it... This has nothing to do with what is on CDs or albums released at any point in time.

I would have to say Macross Plus gets my vote , which is interesting since I really don´t like japanise music (be it J-pop or otherwise). The music from VF-X2 was nearly OVA quality and is second on my list and Macross Zero OST makes for a great background music (which is good , concidering M0 is not as music-orientated as the other series like M7 ).

It was close for me, I love Fire Bomber's music, but the lack of an orchestral score and both 'Ai Oboetimasuka' and 'An Angel's Paint' brought me to voting for 'DYRL?'.

I still question my choice, though, wondering if I was partially influenced by nostalgia as well. I love most of the Macross soundtracks out there, but what's the point of a poll like this if everyone votes for 'I love them all!'?

:D

For me Macross Plus (English or Japanese) version...

The lyrics and music were kind of captivating, you can almost say poetic!

Of course DYRL is like "national anthem" but that would be my second place.

Paulo

I love Firebomber, but there is just somethjing about stiring instrumentals, not to mention something about someone belting out the name of the show over and over...

Macross....Macross....MAAAAAACROSSSSS!

I voted all, but I don't count Macross II as Macross for me.

I love the Original, nastalgic, Macross TV music, the orchestrals were nice. the DYRL was great too.

Flashback 2012 added in some new spice too.

Macross 7, I'm one of the few people that thinks Fire Bomber is awesome.

Macross Plus, the most awesome mixes I've heard in an anime.

I love ALL the Macross OSTs...all of them. Except every Minmay Song...damn that little Chinese girl! :angry::p

Personally, Macross Plus' OSTs were absolutely the best....just because of Yoko Kanno's compositions. Information High is my favorite Macross song of all time....CMYK and Dai + Ken=Go made that song famous. I always remember the "asteroid" drop scene from M+ when I hear that...it always pumps me up.

But, those are just my 2 cents.

Valkyrie

Well DYRL/ 2012 (I mean they virtually have the exact same songs)

then M7 while some of their songs make me fastforward like Power to the dream and planet dance the rest are VERY good.

I don't understand why people like M+ music the vocal stuff from sharon apple is actually kinda creepy and not good at all BGM is kick@$$ though.

DYRL. Macross Plus comes pretty close though.

Definitely Macross Plus. Yoko Kanno is the ONLY musician associated with Anime that I can (and do) listen to outside of the series in which her music is featured. Sharon Apple isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it's definitely listenable. The symphonic stuff on that soundtrack was great too.

Fire Bomber was quaint and mildly entertaining, but YK is imcomparable, IMHO.