Check Out These Buff Arms

Knight26

THose are down the line, right now the only heavy arms I am getting ready to do is the redesign of "Big Red" which one of my characters uses. Basically it is the plasma excited off a destroyed fighters Plaser cannon adapted to be carried by a single man. In more modern terms he would be walking around with a 30mm Defa or similar single barrel aircraft gun without the barrel and only the breach with loading mechanism.

The bi-pod will be added to the HRP and the sniper rifle, and for some reason I am blanking on what a clubbed foot stock is, I should know this but its been a long day and I am blanking.

The bi-pod will be added to the HRP and the sniper rifle, and for some reason I am blanking on what a clubbed foot stock is, I should know this but its been a long day and I am blanking.

Think of the German MG34/42 or soviet RPK. The shape allows the gunner to keep the gun up tight to thier shoulder. Ithink it would make the gun stand out from the others.

Here's a pic I found that illustrates how it's used. ;)

post-5-1085450485_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I got a little time to work on the rifle designs while I was underway, did a lot more writing though. Anyway I made some small mods to the H-R-P, including a remodeled stock and adding hte bi-pod to the front. I didn't go with the CLubbed Foot Stock though becuase it would not have allowed room for the internals that this beast requires.

post-5-1087428506_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored last night, and left the current ship redesigns on my work computer, so I couldn't work on them. ANyway I went back to the rifles. This one is the Light Gauss rilfe varient of an earlier light Plaser rifle I showed before. It's got a three inch longer barrel then the mass driver on the main assault rifle with double the accelerator denisty as well as four high powered Gauss accelerators. This makes the rifle much harder hitting then the MDC on the assault rifle. Similarly designed Gauss Accelerators are on the sniper PLASER basically to do the same job, to accelerate the projectile to much higher speeds. I still need to add some details to it and change the ammo readout, but for the most part it is finished.

Well here she is, appreciate any comments:

post-5-1088454187_thumb.jpg

Edited by Knight26

This the light Plaser rifle on which the basic design is based. The outer casing are made from the same basic molds with some changes, with most of the changes being internal.

post-5-1088454249_thumb.jpg

Now the two of them side by side. Oh bugger I just realized I put the charging lever and power cell ejection port on the Gauss rifle in the wrong positions, I inverted them, oops. That shouldn't be too much of a pain in the butt to fix. Oh and yes there is an addtional power cell in the guass rifle since the standard disposable power cell that comes with each mass driver round isn't powerful enough to run the full gauss accelerators.

post-5-1088454380_thumb.jpg

Time for the big boys toys. This is Big Red, well the start of it anyway, still needs a lot of detailing work and the design is by far not locked down yet. Big Red started out as the main plasma injector of the PLASER cannon off a wrecked fighter. The character originally just strapped it to his arm and hooked it up the reserve plasma tank, a power cell and the control stick out of the fighter. The weapon was redesigned and rebuilt later using the frame of an old heavy man portable PLASER Cannon, as well as parts from a Heavy Repeating Plaser. Some design details, the upper handle is the throttle off of the destroyed fighter, I'm still thinking of using the fighter stick for the main handle, but that may not fly. The right side magazine is off an HRP, and is onyl used to hold the plasma and energy reserve. At full power it can only fire between four and five shots before having to recharge. The cylinder on the left side has the main hook up for the back pack that contains the main plasma tank and energy cell. The small vents on the front of the magazine and intake cylinder are hydrogen intakes, allows it to process extra hydrogen for plasma ammo in case of emergency, they also act as emergency gas vents in case of overload. They are hard to see but it has loops for a carry strap on it. The screen is hooked up to the scope, or at least will be, to act as back up in case the in helmet reticle fails. Oh, and the structure on the bottom of the main box is the de-grav generator which makes the weapon much lighter then it normally would be and therefore much more managable. I still need to add some more heat sinks and details, any comments, or suggestions?

post-5-1088742275_thumb.jpg

hi sean, it is chris I sent those 2 pics out already i emailed you but got no response I was wondering if you got a pic of the sidearms and the holsters for the new pic i am working on I searched all over Mworld and cannot find them

thanks

chris