Any pics of the VF-1S Max in DRYL

Godzilla

Thanks. So the shield is black....

Probably a coloring error. Check the leg, one of the stabilizers is red instead of blue. But I'm not sure.

(EDIT): Never mind, see the thread somebody linked. Apparently the heatshield was consistently black through that sequence.

Edited by tetsujin

The heat shield is supposed to be blue, if you look carefully, you can see it more often than not.

And it's the official word.

Edited by Anubis

It is black the entire time in the movie... The idea of having it blue is stupid... It is inconsistent with Focker's heatshield, when someone gets a 1S, they should have a black heatshield.

If that isn't hte case then why didn't Roy have a yellow heatshield?

It is black the entire time in the movie... The idea of having it blue is stupid... It is inconsistent with Focker's heatshield, when someone gets a 1S, they should have a black heatshield.

If that isn't hte case then why didn't Roy have a yellow heatshield?

Beause Focker was bad-ass enough to NOT have an ugly heatshield.

It would have been inconsistent because the heat shield of Hikaru VF-1S is red. Why he has that and max wouldnt get his blue? The reason why I am asking is because I am doing preliminary research before I decide to make custom. I can see roy getting black b/c it is cnsistent throughout the movie (until his death) and in the TV series.

I don't think we'll ever get a definite answer about the Heatshield question. In DYRL Roy's VF-1S either has a black or yellow heatshield. Max's VF-1S either has a black or blue heatshield. Those damn animation errors really divide the fans......

I guess someone at Yamato had to make a choice. For their Hikaru VF-1S (I think) they chose RED. :blink:

Wow, this screws up my custom...

It's safe to say at this point you could do either. Whichever you think would look better on the custom. It's been said it's supposed to be blue, and then you see it black in the animation, go figure.

I personally like the argument that Roy's heatshield was black because White on Yellow doesn't show very well. At all. Hikaru and Max didn't have that problem, so they went ahead and used their colors.

Wow, this screws up my custom...

It's safe to say at this point you could do either. Whichever you think would look better on the custom. It's been said it's supposed to be blue, and then you see it black in the animation, go figure.

I personally like the argument that Roy's heatshield was black because White on Yellow doesn't show very well. At all. Hikaru and Max didn't have that problem, so they went ahead and used their colors.

Ok, I just need to get a VF-1S head and some paint to match it. I am getting prolly a VF-1S Hikaru and steal the head. Then I will make that VF as a Kakizaki DRYL. My problem is how to make that heat shield green.