VF-4G Lightning Build Up

I'm working on building one of my own VF-4's as a side project right now, and I actually found that it's almost better not to have a perfectly smooth seam between those two parts. I glued mine in place with some gap-filling super glue, then sanded the seam smooth. But when I got aroung to re-etching panel lines, I found that I actually want a panel line at that seam, at the top of the fuselage. So I had to try to etch a line freehand over that convex surface, just behind the glue line, and I'm still not sure how successful I was. But I'll find out when I get around to painting it (prolly a couple months from now <_< )

I got a tip for you about free handing panel lines, if you don't have some of those neat saws like WM, go to the crafts store and get yourself some of that label maker tape. You know the kind that comes is different colors and makes letters with the little gun that punches the tape.

Just get some of that, it's really thick and works as a perfect guide for a reqular scribing tool, it's really sticky but doesn't leave any sticky residue.

Hey, that's a really good idea. It'd make a perfect straight edge to use while etching straight lines.

And I actually have that set of saws, but I can't find them :(

I've been using one of these to etch panel lines. I've been collecting various scribe tools for a while now (trying to find one that works well), and this one is by far the best I've tried.

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?HSGTT-11

It's the second in a series of 2. I need to get the first one, just to see how they're different. But HLJ rarely has either of them in stock :(

Just about any of Hasegawa's TriTool line are great investments. They're pretty pricey, but extremely useful!

• 4 weeks later...