Alternators Sideswipe

Etrigan

General rule for TF's: the guy taking the pics for the box, and the guy writing the instructions, have never talked to the guy who designed it. :)

Thus, lots of errors, in instructions, pics, catalogs, boxes, and ads.

Still, I really want a Smokescreen in a non-rally scheme, normal scheme. All-silver would be VERY nice.

He looks chubby in the gut area and the legs seem on the short side. I guess there's really no way to make him look better in bot mode. These pics do look way better than those test shots we've been seeing and so I've decided that I'll get the Hasbro version because these will look great on my entertainment center when I'm playing GT4. :lol:

Edited by GDomino

Knowing Takara and their repaint philosophy, I wouldn't be too surprised if these molds were refreshed at some point with new schemes. In fact, considering the original Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen shared the same mold, it wouldn't be unreasonable (although I would prefer new molds) for Takara to release all three under this tooling.

He still looks like chubby in the gut area and the legs seem on the short side. I guess there's really no way to make him look better in bot mode. These pic look way better than those test shots we've been seeing and I've decided that I'll get the Hasbro version because these will go great when displayed on my entertainment center when I'm playing GT4. :lol:

It's chubby, yes, but at least it's not as bad as the Cartma... *ahem* Energon Prime.

Vostok 7

I guess there's really no way to make him look better in bot mode.

Yup, this is probably as good as it gets. It certainly has it's quirks but I'm willing to sacrifice a perfect bot mode for the beautiful alt. It is rather difficult to make a convertible transformer, as there's a lot of empty space due to the roof's absence.

I still think this should have been painted blue and named Tracks as the bot mode is almost an exact recreation. Bygones...

tracks.jpg

Looking at that Tracks pic, another nostalgia thing I would like brought back are those stickers of the autobot/decepticon insignias that you rub :rolleyes: ...maybe its just me.

I agree on the comments about his head. It doesn't look right. More 'late-crappy G1' than 'early-classic G1'. Still, not bad overall. I plan to get one. I'll probably wait for the lower-diecast American releases, though. Diecast isn't that important to me and Macross is still my main spending habit.

Is there any news as to whether Takara will be updating Sunstreaker? I wonder if they'll make him like another Dodge Viper. Jeez.....I sure hope so.....you don't mess with da ORIGINAL Autobot brothers. :ph34r:

:angry:

Sideswipe should be a Lambo.

This should be tracks not sideswipe. Just use your imagination and make him tracks. Still superiour asthetics in car and bot mode is all I need, they could be naming this bobo the clown and I would still buy it :rolleyes::lol::p

Looking at that Tracks pic, another nostalgia thing I would like brought back are those stickers of the autobot/decepticon insignias that you rub :rolleyes: ...maybe its just me.

The rubsign stickers were added in 1985 by Hasbro to prevent customers from buying bootlegs and the reissues still have them. Beast Wars did brought them back as well, called "energon chips". However, they don't work as effective as the G1 ones.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines later replace the rubsigns with "spark crystals", a marble-shaped ball notched into the toy with a faction symbol seen through the transparentcy.

Sadly, these hidden emblem features have disappeared like the diecast when it comes to new TF toys. <_<

This should be tracks not sideswipe. Just use your imagination and make him tracks. Still superiour asthetics in car and bot mode is all I need, they could be naming this bobo the clown and I would still buy it :rolleyes::lol::p

As much as Takara/Hasbro wants to name the toy as Tracks, they lost the trademarked name Tracks. :( As a result, the Hasbro reissue of him is named "Autobot Tracks", much like Jazz was renamed "Autobot Jazz". <_<