'Technical' Questions for Macross TV Series buffs

Shaggydog

Hi, Can anyone tell me which super valkyries actually appeared in the TV series? (vf-1a, vf-1j, vf-1s?) Is the Hikaru Super 1J 'canon'? Also, was the VF-1J the only valk to wear GBP-1S armor in the TV series? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! B))

VF-1A Super Valkyrie (various)

VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max)

VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia)

VF-1S Super Valkyrie (Hikaru)

....other....

I don't remember seeing any Super 1A's in the series but I'm sure I haven't studied the images in quite the detail as Nanashi. If the 1A did show up in Super armor (I'm guessing in that big painted scene from the battle with Bodolza), I wouldn't be surprised if there are also 1D's in that config. Pure conjecture on my part though.

I'm quite sure, however, that the VF-1J with Hikaru's red/white scheme never appeared in the series sporting Super armor. His last 1J was shot out from under him by Misa; when he came out of hospital he was immediately assigned Roy's old 1S. I doubt anyone else felt like painting their 1J in Hikaru's personal colors. (Note they are personal colors, not the Vermilion Team leader colors, since Hikaru had them before being assigned to Vermilion Team.)

Also, AFAIK, the GBP armor only appears in the series in one episode, and that is when it is fitted on Hikaru's 1J. It also only appears in DYRL fitted on a 1J in Hikaru's TV colors. On the other hand, I think there was a bundle with the Takatoku 1S toy. Not sure if any models were made with GBP on other Valks. (There is a model kit of a 1D Super.)

All Super Valkyrie variants are canon if you mean to suggest ONLY the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series is canon macross animation (which it is not). During the final conflict of SWO, there are several shots showing all three types of VF variant outfitted in the FAST Pack configuration for the showdown with Boldozaa's fleet. I know someone here has screen shots.

Edited by Mr March

There are Super VF-1As in the TV series. There's one particular shot of the SDF-1 with its complement of Valkyries in front of it. If you look closely enough, you can make out several Valkyries with a single head laser.

That sounds like the picture I'm thinking of. It was used as a poster in one of the TIA books and/or it's a postcard in the SDF Macross postcard set.

All Super Valkyrie variants are canon if you mean to suggest ONLY the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series is canon macross animation (which it is not).

I wasn't meaning to suggest this at all. However, I'm guessing a super vf-1j hikaru doesn't appear in the DYRL movie.

Thanks for the info guys! Very helpful!! B))

Also, AFAIK, the GBP armor only appears in the series in one episode, and that is when it is fitted on Hikaru's 1J. It also only appears in DYRL fitted on a 1J in Hikaru's TV colors. On the other hand, I think there was a bundle with the Takatoku 1S toy. Not sure if any models were made with GBP on other Valks. (There is a model kit of a 1D Super.)

During that missile attack inside Badolza's Fortress in the TV series you can see a cannon fodder or two wearing the armor GBP armor

The only ones that never saw fast packs were the TV Hikaru -1J (upgraded to -1S), Max -1A (upgraded to -1J), and Kakizaki -1A (dead).

Edited by Anubis