custom 1/48 CF + FP

Jung

To get the shaded look (around panel lines and edges), I paint the whole pieces flat black. Let that dry, than for the blue (navy blue + dark/med grey), carefully spray leaving the areas around the panels/edges darker. Not the greatest pic, but you can see it on the leg armour pieces.

Just currious, you used Acrylics for the primary painting?

Edited by Southcross

That looks totally amazing but one question, and a lot of people seem to do it: Why would the missiles on the wings have a weathered/used look? Do they really sit on there long enough to gather dust and grime like that? Not saying anything bad, but asking an honest question. =)

That looks totally amazing but one question, and a lot of people seem to do it: Why would the missiles on the wings have a weathered/used look? Do they really sit on there long enough to gather dust and grime like that? Not saying anything bad, but asking an honest question. =)

I think it would look stupid to have a kick butt detailed valkyrie and plain, plastic looking missiles IMHO.

Hi Jung,

Great Job! Man I really can't wait to display her with the rest of my 1/48 customs! Your works seems to push the level of customizing everytime I see these pictures. Breath taking!!!!

Gene :blink:

Hmm, did you commission this custom or have you recently bought it? :) Are Jung's customs up for sale??

Hi Jung,

Great Job!  Man I really can't wait to display her with the rest of my 1/48 customs!  Your works seems to push the level of customizing everytime I see these pictures.  Breath taking!!!!

Gene  :blink:

Hmm, did you commission this custom or have you recently bought it? :) Are Jung's customs up for sale??

Yes recently purchased. PM Jung, I know he does commisson work all the time. His work is amazing. These pictures never do them justice!

To get the shaded look (around panel lines and edges), I paint the whole pieces flat black. Let that dry, than for the blue (navy blue + dark/med grey), carefully spray leaving the areas around the panels/edges darker. Not the greatest pic, but you can see it on the leg armour pieces.

The main colours are enamels. Enamels are tougher and can handle the handling during transformation.

Here's the list of paints for the armour:

Hardware store spraypaints sprayed into paint bottles for the airbrush:

1) Main Blue is Navy Blue mixed with Medium/Dark(?) grey. Can't give you the ratio, just kept adding till I got the desired shade.

2)Flat Black and white

3)Chrome

Testors enamels(those small $1 bottles)

1)Fire Red for the booster lights(?)

Tamiya Acrylics:

1)Copper for the engine highlights

2)gunmetal for the dark areas of the strike canon and the "missile doors" of the booster fronts.

Future is used for the clear coating, and for the final Semi Gloss coat I mixed a 9:1 ratio of FUTURE to Tamiya acrylic flat base.

Excellent work Jung

I just love seeing your mods - truly amazing! I would love to see them in person someday. Maybe we can get together at AnimeExtreme and hold a little Toronto Macross Con at Silver's place :p (when it gets warmer!)

Meanwhile keep posting your beautiful Valks - I love them!!

y can yamato make 1/48 just like this .

I think this answers your question:

I am working on a DYRL VF-1A Max and the Cats eye and I can calculate about over 10 hours in just paiting them both including the detail nozzles and such

If Yamato made them look like this out of the box, they'd easily cost serveral hundred dollars. :)

H

Hi Jung,

Great Job!  Man I really can't wait to display her with the rest of my 1/48 customs!  Your works seems to push the level of customizing everytime I see these pictures.  Breath taking!!!!

Gene  :blink:

Yes recently purchased. PM Jung, I know he does commisson work all the time. His work is amazing. These pictures never do them justice!

:D

Maybe it was Yamato who commissioned Jung!

Hey Jung, maybe you should copyright your pictures of your work, next thing you know, it is flying on ebay...

Great work there! Anyone care to share how much is this commission is worth?

I would love to get my VF-1J into that detail!

The main colours are enamels. Enamels are tougher and can handle the handling during transformation.

Here's the list of paints for the armour:

Hardware store spraypaints sprayed into paint bottles for the airbrush:

1) Main Blue is Navy Blue mixed with Medium/Dark(?) grey. Can't give you the ratio, just kept adding till I got the desired shade.

2)Flat Black and white

3)Chrome

Testors enamels(those small $1 bottles)

1)Fire Red for the booster lights(?)

Tamiya Acrylics:

1)Copper for the engine highlights

2)gunmetal for the dark areas of the strike canon and the "missile doors" of the booster fronts.

Future is used for the clear coating, and for the final Semi Gloss coat I mixed a 9:1 ratio of FUTURE to Tamiya acrylic flat base.

Interesting, thanks Jung.

NIIIIIIICE