Macross DYRL?

Temucano

Who licensed this dubbed version? It´s the english credits version

there are at least TWO official DYRL editions dubbed in spanish:

One done in 1988 in Spain, direct for video, by the currently deceased Chiqui Video Publishing, uncensored and with very good subbing. This one was released only for VHS rental, and it is totally unavailiable now

DYRL was also broadcasted two years ago in the pay per view channel "Locomotion" (a cartoons channel), at the time DYRL was broadcasted, Locomotion channel was availiable in Spain, Mexico, and I think some other countries in South America. I had the channel at the time, and I can confirm DYRL was broadcasted no less than 5 times, but with annoying tv spot cuts every 15 minutes. also, the edition of Locomotion channel includes the new DYRL flashback ending concert.

I don't know if this version is availiable in south america in DVD format... here in Spain certainly it is not. Also, as far as I know, the owners of Locomotion Channel have the central in Miami, so there's a chance some in the area could be able to catch it.

This recent edition of dyrl is totally unrelated to the first one done in 1988, but both have good dubbings and are totally uncensored. (I'm amazed to see how much controversy has created Janet Jackson in that superbowl thing just by showing a tit, and we spaniards are used to see them every now and then in cartoon channels without anybody arguing! :D )

Edited by vicviper

Thanks for the info .I found this at locomotion.com

One of the pillars in the Robotech series. It is the year 2009, during its return trip to Earth, the spacecraft Macross makes a mistake in its operation which allows the forces of the enemy, (Centradi), to penetrate the ship and generate chaos.

DISPONIBILIDAD : Latinamerica I Iberia

COPYRIGHT : Bigwest * tatsunko production mbs * shogakukan

Amigos,

Hey Temucano!! How are you? I have a copy of DYRL with the spanish dub called Macross: La ciudad Robot (horrible name!!). Not bad but the Locomotion version is better. Maybe because I'm used to the so called neutral spanish dubbing. The movie distributors in Spain tend to dub movies with strong spanish accent (even using local expressions) Since the time of the first Disney movies the dubbing for latinoamerican countries is done in a neutral accent and good dubbers avoid using local (i.e. mexican, venezuelan, argentinian, etc.) terms. This is a good thing because you can sell the movie in whole continent without language barriers.

Hi Gerwalker!

I have the "La ciudad robot " edition , but I didn´t know if it was a official copy or a bootleg.There is a Copyright Warning in the cover and the VHS

This the cover

http://www.camelot-comics.com.ar/catalogo/...oss_film_01.gif

There is an intro with the Beethoven´s 5th Simphony .Is that one?

Edited by Temucano

Hi Gerwalker!

I have the "La ciudad robot " edition , but I didn´t know if it was a official copy or a bootleg.There is a Copyright Warning in the cover and the VHS

This the cover

http://www.camelot-comics.com.ar/catalogo/...oss_film_01.gif

There is an intro with the Beethoven´s 5th Simphony .Is that one?

5th simphony? Don't know about that...