Wowsers!!! Smokecreen Alternator Soldout

GobotFool

Whoa. Now THAT was quick....wasn't it posted on HLJ.com just a couple of days ago? Did anyone from the MWF preorder their Smokescreen Alternator from this website?

I guess I better preorder my 20th Anniversary from them before it's too late. :ph34r:

Whoa. Now THAT was quick....wasn't it posted on HLJ.com just a couple of days ago? Did anyone from the MWF preorder their Smokescreen Alternator from this website?

I guess I better preorder my 20th Anniversary from them before it's too late. :ph34r:

they just posted the Sideswipe and you can't preorder that yet, the smokescreen has been up for weeks.

I had a feeling it would be a huge preorder.

*Happy to have his preorder from Blasto!*

I need to preorder Prime with the quickness!!

I've got mine prdered at Blasto too. B)

Will, if you happen to read this do you have any idea when you will be offering Prime for pre-order at Blasto?

I preordered that sucka a month ago. As soon as I saw it I knew it was a must buy, and when I read Hasbro was sucking out the metal like F'n vampires I knew I had done the right thing.

I don't give a crud if I can't read any of the writing, Japanese versions always have better packaging, inserts, cataloges, paint apps and detail. Child safety laws are going to make the US version a pansey.

... I bet the line for this thing is huge! Luckiliy, I pre-ordered both (Smokescreen and OP)as soon as they went on. I hope Takara's Smokescreen does release in September becuase I'm real anxious in seeing a 1/24 diecast TF! As far as Sideswipe goes, I think I'll wait for the plastic version and decide then. I hope we do see a Ferrari, and a Lamborghini in the Binaltech/Alternators line, I'll definitely get those in zinc. :p

Edited by GDomino

ya vostok...I have been visiting the main sube forums and was surprised to see your name there...nice car by the way. I'm probably going to get an rs in the next few weeks, so I've been scouting out my options. I think I've narrowed it down to a 2002 or 2003 silver RS, with (eventually) morette headlights, and a WRX hood/scoop. I still have to take one for a test drive, and I'm a tall guy, so hopefully I'll fit!

oops...edit 4 spelling

Edited by cube

Me and about half of a 30k member Subaru site have preordered ours from Will :lol:

Vostok 7

The crazy part is that the Car Smokescreen transforms to is in Gran Turismo 4. The same design. That's kinda sweet if you ask me.

Yeah and the crazier thing is these are actual SWRT (Subaru World Rally Team) cars and the driver names should be printed on the cars. If you look closely at the (BBTS pic below), the #7 car has Petter Solsberg's and his co-driver's name printed on the window. Don't know if the #8 car will have Tommy Makinen's name on there because he just retired but it would be awesome to have TF model of the last car he drove...

Edited by GDomino

Oops, here are the pics. Look closely.

#7 Car driven by Petter Solberg, co by Phil Mills

pre628big.jpg

#8 driven by Tommy Makinen, co by Kaj Lindstrom (pic from HLJ)

post-26-1062126701_thumb.jpg

wanna know your thoughts people, should I be a loyal HLJ customer and wait for them to accept pre-orders or be a traitor and run off to BBTs, I mean I know BBTs is a great place and all as I have heard so many overwealmingly positive responses towards it. Anyone know why HLJ isn't accepting pre-orders yet?

wanna know your thoughts people, should I be a loyal HLJ customer and wait for them to accept pre-orders or be a traitor and run off to BBTs, I mean I know BBTs is a great place and all as I have heard so many overwealmingly positive responses towards it. Anyone know why HLJ isn't accepting pre-orders yet?

HLJ was accepting pre-orders the first time this was announced but now they have stopped because they don't know if they can fulfill the pre-order demands. Your best bet now would probably be BBTS or Blasto.

Placed my preorder with will for Prime. Not a fan of the other two. Not seen anyone mention placing a preorder for the Viper

lamboru.jpg

Neither the Viper or Smokescreen impress me that much. If I get one of the other characters it have to have a decent robot mode. Hopefully Jazz, Bumblebee and Megatron won't suck. :)

I'd go with BBTS over HLJ anyday, but that is prolly just me. :blink:

Placed my preorder with will for Prime. Not a fan of the other two. Not seen anyone mention placing a preorder for the Viper

lamboru.jpg

Neither the Viper or Smokescreen impress me that much. If I get one of the other characters it have to have a decent robot mode. Hopefully Jazz, Bumblebee and Megatron won't suck. :)

The only reason I haven't preordered Sideswipe is because him and Prime come out around the same time and I can't afford both. Other than that, I love both vehicle and bot modes, same goes for Smokescreen. I couldn't be more pleased with the Alternators. :)

lamboru.jpg

Neither the Viper or Smokescreen impress me that much. If I get one of the other characters it have to have a decent robot mode. Hopefully Jazz, Bumblebee and Megatron won't suck.  :)

What!?!?! :blink: What does it take to impress you. You say the bot modes suck? Okay on the sideswipe I can possibly see people not liking it, but the smokescreen looks practically identical to a Datzun in bot mode but better proportioned and articulated. Go play with armada or energon and then say your not impressed with Alternators <_<

Edited by GobotFool

Go with BBTS. They have better service (esp. aftersales service - they care even after they got your $$$) and response time than HLJ anyway.

Seems to be standard practice these days for HLJ to close preorder for a popular item so it builds up demand and fan paranoia when they reopen order for it. Anyone remember how that was the case with the SOC Eva-01? Everyone got so fearful that it'd be sooo limited, even people who otherwise wouldn't have bought one went and grabbed it the moment HLJ reopened it for ordering.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

What!?!?! :blink: What does it take to impress you. You say the bot modes suck? Okay on the sideswipe I can possibly see people not liking it, but the smokescreen looks practically identical to a Datzun in bot mode but better proportioned and articulated. Go play with armada or energon and then say your not impressed with Alternators <_<

Not putting the alternators line down or anything...I guess these two are not my cup of tea. ;)

Looking forward to what they can do with the other alternators.

Don't like Armada. The cartoon, the comics or the concept don't seem appealing to me at all.

Was thinking, wonder if prowl will be a prowler :lol: Seriously though I hope they make him a police unit, and not take some flashy sports car and stick lights in him, I want a real car that is in reality used for official police duty.

Was thinking, wonder if prowl will be a prowler  :lol:  Seriously though I hope they make him a police unit, and not take some flashy sports car and stick lights in him, I want a real car that is in reality used for official police duty.

It wouldn't be too bad if its a Chevy Camaro (used by the California Highway Patrol (CHP)). :p

Edited by GDomino