I got them today....

Toonz

i was shocked by the size of the box when i saw it.

that's almost the size of the 1/48 box and i too, felt that they could've attached the boosters on the valk and the rest can be placed closer or even below the valk. look at the empty space at the bottom. *sign.......* :(

Look back a few posts for the rear shot of the VT-1 box. It clearly shows wing hardpoints on the craft.

Remolding the wings would be costly and unnecessary for Yamato, so it's not much of a surprise.

Ah, but the wings have been re-molded. The tips are different.

oki, here is it....

first of all, there are no spare hands for both valks.

just a pair of fists, one with a hole and one without.

both have spare nose cone plug.

both have antennas, BUT no spare ones so don't break any one of them. (FRAGILE!)

all wings have hardpoints BUT no missiles provided. (what are the extra space in the box for, yamato?)

both instruction books are the same, featuring transformation for VT-1 VE-1

both come with 2 sticker sheets each. the elint one is a bit different cos it has the pair of 'eyes' for the boosters.

oh yes, the radar attachment on top of the elint is NOT removable. so don't break it.

hmm i'm not that good with writing reviews :(

er....graham?

Getting mine today, will write review at the weekend.

Actaully had samples at the beginning of the week, but sent them off to Shawn to display at MW CON 3, so I haven't had much time with ther toys myself.

Graham

sorry if this has been asked b4 but toons what pilots come with them?

Super O: Hikaru and Minmay in DYRL flight suits.

ElintSeeker: I dont know. Maybe some generic pilots? :unsure:

e.seeker has 2 pilots in dyrl suit and guess what, they wear a blue helmet which is like max!

therefore it's like having 2 max in an elint :lol:

e.seeker has 2 pilots in dyrl suit and guess what, they wear a blue helmet which is like max!

Hmmm...2 Max behind the controls of a Valk!!! Imagine the kills they would rack up. :o

Seriously though, if you can get some pics Toonz, I would love to see those pilots. Especially the Minmay pilot figure.

Hmmm...2 Max behind the controls of a Valk!!! Imagine the kills they would rack up. :o

Seriously though, if you can get some pics Toonz, I would love to see those pilots. Especially the Minmay pilot figure.

i really really would like to share the pics...

*smacks my own head* :(

*damn no cam* :(

I didn't think these 2 would come out so fast. Doh, that means I'll have to get a Low-Vis then try to save up to get these 2. Hey Toonz does Minmay's helmet have the mikey mouse thing on it.

Hey Toonz does Minmay's helmet have the mikey mouse thing on it.

:huh: mickey mouse? where? :huh:

that wierd helmet she wears in DYRL? when she and Hikaru fly in Saturn's rings, i think is what they are reffering to....

hahaha i didn't know that the helmet was refered as mickey mouse :lol:

yes, minmay is wearing that big orange helmet :D

So I take it that the elint's tailfin section stays folded on the back even without the armor? It would be nice if it can fold back down so we can have a normal elint valk with no armor. :p:D:lol:

Getting mine today, will write review at the weekend.

Actaully had samples at the beginning of the week, but sent them off to Shawn to display at MW CON 3, so I haven't had much time with ther toys myself.

Graham

Lookin' forward for that! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah i cant wait to get these babies..woo hoo til sunday....1 more day... =P

Same here. But in my case I gotta wait a lot longer than a day. I just picked up a set of figures and 2 sets of 1/48 Fast Packs from Kevin. That means I'm going over my Macross budget for the week (yes.....some of us have to stop once and a while :p ). I'll have the VE-1 and VT-1 soon enough....hopefully we'll see more pics this weekend.

So I take it that the elint's tailfin section stays folded on the back even without the armor? It would be nice if it can fold back down so we can have a normal elint valk with no armor. :p:D:lol:

unfortunately it cannot be converted to a normal valk due to the non-removable radar attachment :(

So I take it that the elint's tailfin section stays folded on the back even without the armor? It would be nice if it can fold back down so we can have a normal elint valk with no armor.  :p  :D  :lol:

unfortunately it cannot be converted to a normal valk due to the non-removable radar attachment :(

WTF? Man, that is WEAK! Thanks for the lowdown, Toonz. You just saved me $80. :D

So I take it that the elint's tailfin section stays folded on the back even without the armor? It would be nice if it can fold back down so we can have a normal elint valk with no armor.  :p  :D  :lol:

WTF? Man, that is WEAK! Thanks for the lowdown, Toonz. You just saved me $80. :D

hmmmmm thats odd. Still not stoping me from getting it as IMHO its the armor that makes it special so I wouldn't be removing it anyway ;)