After the Elint and the Osterich...

RainBot

I heard it was, then haven't heard about it since.

So is it dead?

No more VF-1s?

No TV Kakizaki, no DYRL Kakizaki, no TV Max, no DYRL Max1S, no DYRL Hikaru 1S, no airshow Valk, no GBP, no Max wedding, no woops, the-tired-overworked-animator-slaves-from-the-Taiwan-sweat-shops-made-another-mistake-valk? ;)

we got a TV max and Milla

I think he meant the one I'm waiting for as well,

a TV-Max VF-1A.

something like this (digicam is down, so this small pic is all i have, heatshield is somewhere...darn cat)

Hey that looks good!! :)

Is that the custom you have been working on?

A yamato Angel Birds, Minmei Guard, or low-vis would be great. An LE or two for the 1/60 line.

Also, a Hikaru Strike might be a fitting valk to end with since the line started with the Hikaru 1A.

PS: Nice custom job on the 1A Max.

Edited by Anubis

Well , now that the Super O and ELint are out there´re only two possible releases left , those being the Monster (which with the large number of bankrupt members will pretty much go unnoticed ) and the Q-Rau (that´s one baby I ought to have).

Th one toy I´m looking foward too is the re-sculpted YF-19 FP. I really hope they get it right and as beautiful as possible.

After that It would be nice if Yamato either :

-Continued the enemy mecha line... ( read: Why should a poor lad like me live without a Glaug? :lol: )

- Continued the Destroid line...(read: I want my damn Spartan damnit :angry: )

or

- Get on with it and started producing M0 toys...(read: that VF-0D Shin variant is mine already! :p )

thanks all, that was the second custom i made (destroyed) :lol: The first was a Max-1S (all I had to do was repaint the arrows on the 1S head and put the right numbered stickers in place.) (here's the battroid view - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1061687733.jpg ) more pics in my valks folder at

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/phillipchow@...w@sbcglobal.net

for the Max-1A, i broke the tab that holds the nosecone in place, my cat stole the heatshield and probably ate it (i don't sift through the litter box, i have one of those automated ones), i put the leg lights in backwards and painting was done with a gundam marker

it looks ok from a distance.

now that i know i can remove the yamato paint with paint thinner, i am slowing stripping paint off a Focker 1S and trying to learn how to use an airbrush to do the painting better. the gundam marker just looks bad and i am horrible with a brush. If i get this one right, I'm gonna pick up a 1/48 Max to repaint.

post-2-1061687733_thumb.jpg

now that i know i can remove the yamato paint with paint thinner

Does the thinner dull the plastic??

What brand of thinner?

Hmmmm.... That is interesting to note.

Enemy Mechs and Destroids would see a fine end to the 1/60 line as far as I'm concerned... I really want to see the enemy mechs though.

Was there any talk at all about doing a Cats Eye?

I know it's not transformable, but it would still be nice to have...

Does the thinner dull the plastic??

What brand of thinner?

Hmmmm.... That is interesting to note.

I just use Testor's brush thinner. I can't find any other brand. A shop by me carries Tamiya paints, but no thinner. I dip a qtip in it and just lightly rub off the paint.

That's how I got rid of the 013 and stuck an 001 sticker on it for the VF1S. On the 1A, I was able to use it to clean the wings off and there was no difference in the plastic on the wing. I also used it to remove the black off the nosecone. With the other parts, I had to clean the pieces off completely. If I rub hard enough, I eventually get down to the silver?/diecast on nonplastic parts.

For completions sake I hope Yamato is not done with the VF 1/60 line. The molds are already there, why not give us a SDF Max and Kakizaki. I hope the way Yamato has treated the release of the 1/60 FP upgrades is not a sign that they are done with the 1/60 VF's. I've been waiting over a year for these since they were announced.

IMO it is a sure bet the GBP will be released. How far in the future and for what line is any bodys guess. I'm assuming due to detail and for the ease of making the molds it would be for the 1/48 line though.

I'm definately down for 1/60 destroids and enemy mecha. What I really want is a Spartan. I love that Destroid and it's probably the most over looked of them all. Battle pods would be nice. I'm just happy a Q-rau has been confirmed. And, I don't care how broke I am, I will definately be getting the Monster.

For completions sake I hope Yamato is not done with the VF 1/60 line. The molds are already there, why not give us a SDF Max and Kakizaki.

Law of diminishing returns. Even with a fancy new paint job no one can really deny that it's just another VF-1A, and the market is already flooded with them. In some cases it would actually be cheaper to the consumer to buy existing 1A's and customize it themselves. I'm sure that Yamato's making less and less profit on the 1/60's now, especially with the introduction of the 1/48 line. The original TRU limited was the novelty. They had success by adding the 1J and 1S super and strike. If they start making naked 1A's again they'll see their profits take nose dives.

How about a complete strike series for one. What about Mac Zero toys? GBP-1S Armor IS a MUST. Yamato your staff would only be doing themselves a favor to thier childrens future college fund by releasing these for us hopeless Macross junkies.

post-4-1062106500_thumb.jpg

I'd like to eventually see a 1/60 Glaug. Back in the day, when playing Mechwarrior, the Marauder was my mech of choice!

Same here!

I would love to see at least a Strike VF-1S Hikaru come out in 1/60, since the only VF-1S they have come out with was Roy's. They have what, 3 A's amd 3 J's. Show the S some more love, Yamato, please.

Hikaru Strike! Say it with me! We're getting it in 1/48, how about 1/60?