VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

ATTENTION TO EVERYONE WHO LIKES NUMBER 1:

This will most likely be the final design. Is there anything that anyone HATES and MUST change or add something? If not, this will be the FINAL design.

And how about putting the YF-19 and the YF-21 in Batroid mode in the upper side of the box?

Edit: and i vote for #2 of course,i love the cockpit images,but i think that the design should be more "tech like" (the planes scheme on the upper spine and Isamu and Guld in the spineinstead of the dark desert image)

Edited by vibayo

The cockpit design is starting to really grow on me. Tell me what you guys think.

AlphaHX you bastard! You're gonna make me switch my vote to the cockpit box by making it irresistable :)

Damn, it's looking great!

Better yet, get both.

If the cockpit box gets made, I'm gonna have to get me one of each.

has the contest ended? if not i might try to do one design for the macross plus keepcase.

The contest to determine who will get the case of their choice free of charge has ended.

However, if you want to put something together, and post it up here, feel free. Or, you could contact AlphaHX who is our design leader, and make some suggestions.

The cockpit one is looking pretty good too, though something should go on the top.

I'm only going to get one (space and $$$), and #1 will go nicely with the Mech SDF Macross Box.

Edited by Anubis

edit: cockpit design but with full colour desert, remove the macross text and place a smaller blue pyramid in the center..

We've already tried the full color desert and as I've said before, theres too much contrast and it doesnt work well. I'll see if I can make it brighter in some way or something tho. Basically I'll see what I can do. No promises tho. I like the pyramid idea. I'll try that out.

And how about putting the YF-19 and the YF-21 in Batroid mode in the upper side of the box?

Edit: and i vote for #2 of course,i love the cockpit images,but i think that the design should be more "tech like" (the planes scheme on the upper spine and Isamu and Guld in the spineinstead of the dark desert image)

Where on the box are u talking about? Are you talking about the top, as in above the spine? I'll know what you mean for it to be more "tech like" so I'll see what I can do with that but unfortunately, I have to say that I dont have a lot of pictures to work with.

AlphaHX you bastard! You're gonna make me switch my vote to the cockpit box by making it irresistable :)

Thanx! Good to see its growing on someone else too and its not just me! ;)

has the contest ended? if not i might try to do one design for the macross plus keepcase.

Absolutely not. We still have one more case that we need to agree on so please, submit away. :)

The contest to determine who will get the case of their choice free of charge has ended.

However, if you want to put something together, and post it up here, feel free. Or, you could contact AlphaHX who is our design leader, and make some suggestions.

Hahah... I still think its funny that I didnt know about getting the free case thing until Mechamaniac mentioned it and congratulated me on it. :blink: This is what I get for joining MW 6 months late into this thread... and then not read the whole thing. <_<:p

Anyways, akt_m if you're really interested in helping out. Feel free to help out, suggest, contact me, etc. I know I'll appreciate it. I need all the help I can get. I'm so glad I finally got in contact with Paul. I get to have suggestions and ideas from the big guy himself. :D;)

The cockpit one is looking pretty good too, though something should go on the top.

I'm only going to get one (space and $$$), and #1 will go nicely with the Mech SDF Macross Box.

Something on top? Where on top? Above the spine? I need details... heeeeelp meee... :huh::D;)

Hmm... saving $$$... that brings up a question. Anyone know how much this is gonna be yet? I'll most likely buy both. After Paul let us have two designs, I cant let his gracious gesture go unnoticed. :D

did it just for fun.

w00t... thanx for contributing akt_m!

Edited by AlphaHX

Something on top? Where on top? Above the spine? I need details... heeeeelp meee... :huh::D;)

Hmm... saving $$$... that brings up a question. Anyone know how much this is gonna be yet? I'll most likely buy both. After Paul let us have two designs, I cant let his gracious gesture go unnoticed. :D

I think he means the top of the box. The spine and the panels look fine, but it's just black on the top of the box.

As long as the price isn't insane, I'll be interested in buying two boxes. Hopefully it's around $30-$40 at most. I don't want to be paying $100 per box :(

They were in the desert and they tested the YF-19 and YF-21 in the desert. Makes perfect sense to me. :huh:

what i meant by not making sense is that the perspective with relationship to the background just doesn't work for me.

edit: cockpit design but with full colour desert, remove the macross text and place a smaller blue pyramid in the center..

Heres MrDisco's suggestion with the triangle. I still cant get the desert to be colored and look fitting. Anyone got any suggestions? :huh:

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask... for anyone who liked #3... anyone have any suggestions or is it fine the way it is?

Edited by AlphaHX

Thanx! Good to see its growing on someone else too and its not just me! ;)

If it get's much better, I'm gonna have no choice but to choose it. I really like the motif. Those big panels of the two cockpits look great and I love the enhanced "Macross Plus" title on the side. The enhancement really makes the words stand out, it's not invasive, and the brightness and color totally matches the overall palette. I really like it.

Not a big fan of the "techie" designs. Hate to say it, but I really don't like the colored desert scape on the spine either.

However, the triangle is a nice addition to the cockpit spine. But at the same time, I really like the "Macross Plus" on the spine rather than the top of the box.

Not a big fan of the "techie" designs. Hate to say it, but I really don't like the colored desert scape on the spine either.

Yeah, me neither. I'm not big on the techie or colored spine desert myself. I'm just pumping out ideas. Feel free to chime in some more!

However, the triangle is a nice addition to the cockpit spine.  But at the same time, I really like the "Macross Plus" on the spine rather than the top of the box.

Like this?

Not a big fan of the "techie" designs.  Hate to say it, but I really don't like the colored desert scape on the spine either.

Yeah, me neither. I'm not big on the techie or colored spine desert myself. I'm just pumping out ideas. Feel free to chime in some more!

However, the triangle is a nice addition to the cockpit spine.  But at the same time, I really like the "Macross Plus" on the spine rather than the top of the box.

Like this?

No, no, I mean the big words in vertical. I do like the triangles, but I like the big words "Macross Plus" with that blue glow outline on the spine of the box.

The Macross Plus logos on each of the side panels is nice, but somehow I like it better without anything put the cockpit pictures on those sides.

Nope, I still hate those minature cockpits on the spine. I prefer the black and white, Isamu desert scape on the spine.

Not a big fan of the "techie" designs.  Hate to say it, but I really don't like the colored desert scape on the spine either.

Like this?

No, no, I mean the big words in vertical. I do like the triangles, but I like the big words "Macross Plus" with that blue glow outline on the spine of the box.

The Macross Plus logos on each of the side panels is nice, but somehow I like it better without anything put the cockpit pictures on those sides.

Nope, I still hate those minature cockpits on the spine. I prefer the black and white, Isamu desert scape on the spine.

well, before I go make several hundred more tweaks to the design, we gotta settle between 2 and 3. So Mr March... I know you were a bit torn between the two. Have fun choosing. ;):D

As long as the price isn't insane, I'll be interested in buying two boxes.  Hopefully it's around $30-$40 at most.  I don't want to be paying $100 per box :(

Some clarification on pricing for those that are concerned...

As it was established on the SDF project, the M+ case will be $35 + shipping. This is a discounted price for a custom and numbered release.

Those who bought the SDF will benefit from an extra discount and be able to

buy the case for $30 + shipping.

This is also a price established by Paul based upon those who voted interest in the case, and not those who actually bought the case which was significantly less. <_< . Paul is still honoring his prices despite the turnout of the SDF project.

So to sum up... $30 - $40 bucks or so. Give or take a few dollars if you live somehwere that requires extra shipping.

Edited by Mechamaniac

well, before I go make several hundred more tweaks to the design, we gotta settle between 2 and 3. So Mr March... I know you were a bit torn between the two. Have fun choosing. ;):D

I can't help it, I've got to go with #2 now. The final design of the cockpits with that great spine is just too much! Sorry triangles...I do still love you, but I got to go with the cockpits :)

As long as the price isn't insane, I'll be interested in buying two boxes.  Hopefully it's around $30-$40 at most.  I don't want to be paying $100 per box :(

As it was established on the SDF project, the M+ case will be $35 + shipping. This is a discounted price for a custom and numbered release.

This is also a price established by Paul based upon those who voted interest in the case, and not those who actually bought the case which was significantly less. <_< . Paul is still honoring his prices despite the turnout of the SDF project.

So to sum up... $30 - $40 bucks or so. Give or take a few dollars if you live somehwere that requires extra shipping.

That's a reasonable price for a very low product run of a custom.

I’m sorry to hear about the poor turnout for the Macross box set. However, I believe I posted at the time that the biggest problem with a custom Macross box for the 9 disc set was finding a use for the original box. This is the reason I never considered involving myself in the first custom sale. I would have liked to own the custom designs since they were far superior to the ugly official box, but that leaves an empty box which I refuse to discard. I didn’t like the idea of filling the official box with non-Macross DVDs and I simply don’t have enough miscellaneous Macross DVDs to make the box useful.

Regardless, I’m definitely willing to purchase two Macross Plus boxes for the price provided in this thread. I’d prefer if we could close the design voting soon. Who knows how I’ll feel about spending money on these boxes if a month or so goes by.

well, before I go make several hundred more tweaks to the design, we gotta settle between 2 and 3. So Mr March... I know you were a bit torn between the two. Have fun choosing. ;)  :D

I can't help it, I've got to go with #2 now. The final design of the cockpits with that great spine is just too much! Sorry triangles...I do still love you, but I got to go with the cockpits :)

BEHOLD!!! BOX #2 IN ALL ITS GLORY!!!... as a teaser. ;)

Paul made us this mockup to give us a better idea of what it'll look like as a box so people like me dont have to strain my brain too to imagine what it may look like. :p

Its nothing final... just a little taste of what it may look like. :D

THANX AGAIN PAUL! :)

Edited by AlphaHX

That's a reasonable price for a very low product run of a custom.

I’m sorry to hear about the poor turnout for the Macross box set. However, I believe I posted at the time that the biggest problem with a custom Macross box for the 9 disc set was finding a use for the original box. This is the reason I never considered involving myself in the first custom sale. I would have liked to own the custom designs since they were far superior to the ugly official box, but that leaves an empty box which I refuse to discard. I didn’t like the idea of filling the official box with non-Macross DVDs and I simply don’t have enough miscellaneous Macross DVDs to make the box useful.

Regardless, I’m definitely willing to purchase two Macross Plus boxes for the price provided in this thread. I’d prefer if we could close the design voting soon. Who knows how I’ll feel about spending money on these boxes if a month or so goes by.

Good point! Its pretty much coming to a close. With your changed vote, the cockpit design is actually ahead right now. I'm hoping to to wrap this up by this weekend cuz I have midterms coming up. sigh... <_<

Anyways, IMO these are great prices for a custom box. Leave it to Paul to hook us up and let us have two designs! :o

All this voting, and most of the people who input don't wind up buying the case. :p

I like #3 from , I can't remember how far back. At this point, I'll buy a case with magic marker scribbled on it and a stick figure Isamu and Myung on it.

B))

All this voting, and most of the people who input don't wind up buying the case.  :p

I like #3 from , I can't remember how far back.  At this point, I'll buy a case with magic marker scribbled on it and a stick figure Isamu and Myung on it.

B))

You asked for it! :p:lol::lol::lol::lol::D

Edited by AlphaHX