VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

I say go on the sharon spine.

OK,but the cockpit images are going to be upside,dowside or what? i think that the nose should go to the upper part of the box.

I like the Bobe Patt Sharon/desert spine,but what are we going to put in the upper part of the box? Mac+ logo and macrossworld logo also?

Thanks

Ok, I think we need to vote on the spine. I guess it just takes one person to throw things off. I would like to make everybody happy so we need to vote. Of course if we get more yes on the sharon spine than no's then we go ahead. What do you guys think? :huh:

I added a poll so we can better see who wants which spine. These are the only two well recieved spines, and go with whatever the side panels are.

Here's a basic not-really-sized-right workup using the cockpits.

Not sure what to think about it though. Orientation is definately a big thing using these images, facing up is kind of odd, but this might be something to explore further.

I'll do a better one with photoshop later.

post-4-1090871738_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Nah, I don't think those will look right if we use the full length images....

Try using the ones that TLW originally posted....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...pic=5050&st=820

yeah, those are better

Coming up.

figure I might as well

and don't worry, I do have the original image that's on the top. That's just a low-res scan I picked up off the net. Also, if I were better with PS, I would've added a nice unifying border and the logo somewhere. Come to think of it, the original image with Myung, Isamu, and Guld has a small Mac+ logo in the corner.

box.jpg

Mmmm.....I like that one. The only thing I can think of is to add the words Macross Plus to the spine.

Like this. :D

Oh and that reminds me, did you ever get around to scanning the mid-section of those cockpit images? I'd love to get my hands on some hi-res versions of those images.

post-4-1090914884_thumb.jpg

Hmm, the more I look at it, the more I like it. Even without the desert shot. Want to see that one with the std. desert first though to compare.

Nice job, TLW.

I think the cockpit side panels own over the lineart panels, and would be so shiny with the metal box. Bet Paul would like it better too :p

Edited by Anubis

I think the cockpit side panels own over the lineart panels, and would be so shiny with the metal box. Bet Paul would like it better too :p

Am I the only one now who doesn't think so?

I mean, the cockpit panels do look good, and if the lineart/schematics will be problematic (due to the small writing, or whatever reason), then that's fine, but I personally prefer the lineart/schematic panels over the cockpits.

the schematic was a nice design as well however the rich colour and detail of the cockpit shot makes it visually more interesting. plus its a shot which grabs the eye and makes full use of the colour laser process. (as an aside does anyone have the skill to remove the logos that appear in the upper corners?)

for the spine i stand by the dessert.

for the top...hmm its a tough call. i love the simplicity of the m+ logo, however i do like the shot of the 4 principal chracters - its just unfortunate they're done in christmas colours.

Probably too much nitpicking on my part, but the letters on the yf-21 are reveresed in that spread. It`s very minor, and would probably take too much photoshop effort to fix.

So in that case, disregard my comment :p

I prefer the simplified, connected look of the lineart schematics. It's a lot classier and less juvenile.

while i dont agree with your take on the cockpit pics, i do agree that the lineart is classy. HOWEVER if Paul is unable to print the labels then it makes the usefullness of the image that much less.

...however i do like the shot of the 4 principal chracters - its just unfortunate they're done in christmas colours.

Colors like that are no problem at all to someone with Photoshop and the know-how. And we have plenty of people here that know how to do this kind of thing (same thing with the extra bits of logos in the images, and the reversed writing on the -21 in that one design)

I still hope that the schematics can work out, though.

The real problem I see with that top image is that I believe the source is a poster, so it might be hard to get a high res scan of it.

The other thing that is cool about that image is that even though the color clashes, it gives us space to put the MW Logo!.

The bad thing is that we don't have the Macross Plus triangle logo anywhere.

Hey man, feel free to mix and match the images :) Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able so snag one of these box sets, so customize it however you like!

I would make some more variations, but I'm hardly ever home, hell I'm not even home as I type this.

OK, Paul has high res versions of the cockpit images, and the desert spine image thanks to TLW, and BBP.

If anyone has a high res image of the top image (which TLW says is a poster) please PM me.

The sooner we get this, the sooner Paul get start getting us mock ups of the box design.

Thanks d00d5!

If anyone has a high res image of the top image (which TLW says is a poster) please PM me.

Does anyone know how feasible it would to take a picture of the poster with a good digital camera? Or, if kinko's has poster-size scanners? :p

Oh yeah, to all interested parties, full scans of the YF-19 box set are now available in a whopping 28mb zip file! If I left anyone out, toss me a PM.

Really really REALLY bored at work, and I just got these scans from TLW, so I thought I'd throw them together really quick - this is not final, tis only what I whipped up in about a half hour - you can still see some of the seems and such. Once I get a good few hours together, it should look alot nicer...

Click Me!

• 2 weeks later...
We gotta be the most undecisive and anal bunch in the world. Those last 3 designs are very good and whatever variation of them would be accepted. Kuddos to all the people that have worked on them.

B))

Word to that. That's kinda why I've been staying out of it.

But the last 3 designs are all fantastic and I'd get any variation on 'em. Great job, guys.

Well, tomorrow we're going to use a digicam in a ghetto attempt to snag an image of the poster. It doesn't have to be perfect, since we'll be editing the background colors anyway. I don't think anyone is terribly fond of the red and green "christmas" colors.

Anyways, anyone got any tips when it comes to taking pictures of posters? :huh:

Light the poster well and make sure you get no reflctions from the light source. I recommend you use morethan one light source to get even lighting, maybe 2 or 3. Best hanging on the wall, easier to shoot. Stand directly in front of it, and make sure that from where you stand, you see no glare from the lighting sources.

Once you have that, bust out your digital cam, use a tripod if at all possible. Shoot a direct on shot, no angles and use no flashes as a flash will glare back at you. In addition, if you don't shoot straight on, you're gonna get some perspective foreshortening and you don't want that.

Again, NO FLASH and use a tripod since, depending on your light source, it may be a bit dim, and a tripod will prevent shake.

:Dat

• 2 weeks later...
What are the boxes made of?

Glorious shiny metal.